Be honest, what's your pre-game ritual?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I personally don't have a ritual... but for years now my family's ritual is to get the hell out of the house while I comment on the games.
Might have something to do with my daughter going to :nole:

Thomas Goldkamp

Jul 18, 2014
When I was a student, it was get to the Norman area around 8 a.m. if it was a non-noon game (6 a.m. for noon games) with a case of Bud Light Lime, a case of Bud Light, two pre-made pub subs, two 128 oz. Gatorades, a bottled Coke or two and some rum/whiskey. Two beers, some Gatorade, two beers, some Gatorade, linse, lather, repeat while partaking in tailgate activities. Mixed drink with the Coke/rum/whiskey for the 15-minute walk over to the stadium, timed to get to the seats about 15 minutes before kick.

Now my ritual is basically wake up, check to make sure nobody is suspended or hurt last-minute when possible, get to the stadium about 3 hours before kickoff.

I imagine if I had a different job my tailgating game would improve considerably with a real job as opposed to being a student. Be bringing a grill, lots of meat, better beer, etc. Maybe when I retire. If I retire. Seems so far away.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
I like to put on something pink and frilly.
Only for home games.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I put on my wuerffel jersey first thing every saturday morning during the season.
It's washed only after the last game of the season and never touched during the off season.
I'm pretty sure it's responsible for all of our wins over the last decade.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSkin;n37807 said:
I put on my wuerffel jersey first thing every saturday morning during the season.
It's washed only after the last game of the season and never touched during the off season.
So....you also wore this jersey last season and you aren't scared?

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
GatorSkin;n37807 said:
So....you also wore this jersey last season and you aren't scared?
Damn it.
Yep never wearing it again thanks

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Watch the games till about 30 minutes before we play then I start pacing back and forth and clapping very loud like I'm about to actually play in the game. I put whatever shirt and hat it is I'll be rolling with that season, as it changes every year and sometimes every game until they play to my liking. Go to my grandparent's house with my dad and then after a big win go out with my buddies and drink to celebrate and then after a loss, drink my sorrows away. Hopefully I'll be celebrating a lot this year. :D

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I'm not at a game, my only actual ritual is during the game. Shot of tequila every time the Gators score a TD, half a shot for a field goal. Beer throughout. Back in the Spurrier days, we used to get :kiffin:-faced, especially playing the directional schools.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Drink beer before the game, during the game, and after the game. Sometimes swap the beer out for rum. But this weekend (because i don't live in the south) i will be attending a wedding instead. So substitute wedding for the game...drinking still applies
Man, those Yankees just don't have a clue!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
cuzg8tor;n37390 said:
Put on lucky Gator shirt and hat that wife hates, piss on wife's cement bulldog on porch, call my best friend to ensure he is watching, ensure my Dad in heaven is watching the Gator channel and ensure there are no loose items around recliner that could be thrown at TV.

Outstanding!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Swampy said:
Drink my weight in beer and terrorize my wife, dog and whoever else is brave enough to come to my house.
I'm not getting near your place.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorwitt said:
Last year by the end of the season my pre-game ritual was to sit in the corner and cry. Hopefully that will be different this year
Come on mannnnnnnnnn!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
Saturday I'm going to wake up, take a shower, put on my game day clothes, get in the car, drive to Gainesville, tailgate, drink, eat, drink some more, go the game, cheer for the Gators, go back to the tailgate when the game is over, drink some more, go to hotel, drink some more, then sleep.
I think you are leaving out some details. :-)

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thomas Goldkamp said:
When I was a student, it was get to the Norman area around 8 a.m. if it was a non-noon game (6 a.m. for noon games) with a case of Bud Light Lime, a case of Bud Light, two pre-made pub subs, two 128 oz. Gatorades, a bottled Coke or two and some rum/whiskey. Two beers, some Gatorade, two beers, some Gatorade, linse, lather, repeat while partaking in tailgate activities. Mixed drink with the Coke/rum/whiskey for the 15-minute walk over to the stadium, timed to get to the seats about 15 minutes before kick.

Now my ritual is basically wake up, check to make sure nobody is suspended or hurt last-minute when possible, get to the stadium about 3 hours before kickoff.

I imagine if I had a different job my tailgating game would improve considerably with a real job as opposed to being a student. Be bringing a grill, lots of meat, better beer, etc. Maybe when I retire. If I retire. Seems so far away.
Sooooo, you drink a little?

Explains a lot! :-)

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator said:
Watch the games till about 30 minutes before we play then I start pacing back and forth and clapping very loud like I'm about to actually play in the game. I put whatever shirt and hat it is I'll be rolling with that season, as it changes every year and sometimes every game until they play to my liking. Go to my grandparent's house with my dad and then after a big win go out with my buddies and drink to celebrate and then after a loss, drink my sorrows away. Hopefully I'll be celebrating a lot this year. :D
What ever shirt you wore last year, burn it!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:
When I'm not at a game, my only actual ritual is during the game. Shot of tequila every time the Gators score a TD, half a shot for a field goal. Beer throughout. Back in the Spurrier days, we used to get :kiffin:-faced, especially playing the directional schools.
The good old days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.