Beach, mountain or lake?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If you had the opportunity to buy a vacation home would you choose the beach, mountains or lake?
What state?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Haha,
No, relative has a place in North Ga. Some pretty decent fly fishing. Not Alaska, but a lot closer

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Mountains -
we're already in Denver and looking around for a retirement cabin.
Friend of mine recently bought a second home in Leadville:

Leadville6.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve ran these numbers a million times..... as for me.... none.

We can always, and easily, go on airbnb or vrbo and pick our times and places a couple of times a year. And then not ever worry about a single thing about it for the other 50/51 weeks a year.

But if I HAD to pick.... beach.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I’ve ran these numbers a million times..... as for me.... none.

We can always, and easily, go on airbnb or vrbo and pick our times and places a couple of times a year. And then not ever worry about a single thing about it for the other 50/51 weeks a year.

But if I HAD to pick.... beach.
One can always dream. You have a good point about picking any place you want a few times a year and not being committed to just one. Can't imagine what insurance on the beach costs now with all the hurricanes.

Jun 2, 2015
Mountains -
we're already in Denver and looking around for a retirement cabin.
Friend of mine recently bought a second home in Leadville:

Leadville6.jpg
Leadsville is an old cowboy mining town. I stopped there once and had lunch in a cafe (wooden side walks) and guys came in packing dual pistols on their hips. Interesting place.

Jun 2, 2015
As I live within a mile of the beach, would prefer the mountains. Stowe, Vermont is a nice, clean and friendly town in the States with Cabot Cheese factory & Ben & Jerrys nearby, but would actually prefer Banff, Canada. Years ago I was watching Merv Griffin show and he had clips of Banff stating that was his favorite place on earth. My husband and I decided to go and actually went up there 7 times, visiting during all 4 seasons and loved it. The ride from Banff to Jasper thru the ice fields is spectacular. I have traveled throughout Europe & Asia and still consider western Canada to have the most spectacular scenery.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Have a beach place (love it), sold the mountain(ish) place (loved it, just couldn't get to it enough), will retire to lake house (know I'll love it)... that's the plan anyway.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Grew up skiing on lake Santa Fe, east alachua county. Lake turns to bath water around July, pops still has a place on the water.

beach is too sandy, we go once or twice a year, more than enough.

mountains probably get cold, ain’t happenin

give me a place on the Suwannee, Dixie county side and I’ll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb