Beer reviews

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saugatuck Brewing Company Rum Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. Tried this last night and absolutely loved it. Very rum forward, but still a really rich and balanced stout. Only beer I've ever tried from them. Expensive but excellent.

BABeamMeUpStoutyMobileWebsite.jpg

Did you get a discount for drinking it on the barrel?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Image1533079026.547726.jpg

Rogue paradise pucker

Classified as a kolsch I feel like I was misled here because this is a sour ale. It’s extremely bitter and almost as if a damn lemon was shoved in your mouth. It smells like a pine tree right before the first sip and then it’s a concoction of grapefruit and lemon. In short it’s disgusting and a huge letdown from rogue . If someone hands you a paradise pucker throw it in the trash where it belongs . F

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yall all got it wrong.

The best beer is cold, free beer.
The next best is free beer.
The next best is cold beer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Rogue paradise pucker

Classified as a kolsch I feel like I was misled here because this is a sour ale. It’s extremely bitter and almost as if a damn lemon was shoved in your mouth. It smells like a pine tree right before the first sip and then it’s a concoction of grapefruit and lemon. In short it’s disgusting and a huge letdown from rogue . If someone hands you a paradise pucker throw it in the trash where it belongs . F
So you were surprised a beer called Roque paradise pucker was sour? :lol:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So you were surprised a beer called Roque paradise pucker was sour? :lol:

I was considering it would be slightly, but this was like fifty warheads shoved in your mouth sour . Definitely unexpected.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was considering it would be slightly, but this was like fifty warheads shoved in your mouth sour . Definitely unexpected.
Well, that’s why you don’t drink fruity beers!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Highland imperium- stout

Think Guinness with more flavor . Smells like a mixture of chocolate and freshly baked cinnamon rolls/ loukoumades . Tastes like chocolate mixed with fresh coffee and baileys . The cream is noticeable right off the bat but fades away . Chocolate/ coffee is more present in the aftertaste . If you like left hand stout this ones for you. Solid A.
Will try!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Fulton's War & Peace Imperial Coffee Stout.

I don't really like mixing coffee and beer, but gave this a go over the weekend. Wasn't my favorite, but again isn't really my niche. Still a good beer, with a surprisingly smooth finish considering the 9.5 points. Would drink again.

MNL_FornearPhoto_FultonBeerWar%26Peace_2.jpg

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ballast point Aloha
This is their sculpin with a Hawaiian twist. Nice, smooth beer with a touch of citrus .Personally I prefer the regular sculpin than the spinoffs like this , but it’s a good beer . Solid B Image1533771705.231436.jpg

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Probably the best beer in a can right now - I'm drinking the heck out of this stuff right now. Sorry antihoppites.
ballast-point-unfiltered-sculpin-12-oz-can.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ballast point Aloha
This is their sculpin with a Hawaiian twist. Nice, smooth beer with a touch of citrus .Personally I prefer the regular sculpin than the spinoffs like this , but it’s a good beer . Solid B

I've been meaning to try that, but am always on the fence about the pineapple and mango and end up going a different direction. I probably shouldn't be as skeptical as I am because BP seems to be able to infuse flavor with balance as well as anyone. Gonna have to give it a whirl on your word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb