Beer reviews

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
images
:lol: My bud lite platinum is ice cold, therefore, excellent. ;)
20200316_141210.jpg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I may have to give that a try. I rarely drink beer now cause Im old and need to lose weight. Is that one of them diet beers?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I may have to give that a try. I rarely drink beer now cause Im old and need to lose weight. Is that one of them diet beers?
it's bud lite, but has more alcohol than even regular beer. i'm usually feelin plenty fine after just one or two.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_0413.JPG IMG_0414.JPG

Stone FML

Probably the best stone brew I’ve had . Looks good, tastes good. More of a beer you sip rather than take
down quickly . Could be overpowering in that regard.Hops are heavy but don’t linger. More of a pineapple aftertaste than hop overload. A job well done . A-

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
it's bud lite, but has more alcohol than even regular beer. i'm usually feelin plenty fine after just one or two.

Our man Detroit getting buzzed after two light beers. Maybe slow down and have a glass of Chardonnay next sweet pea.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_0428.JPG

Cigar city - Florida man

Disappointing is a good way to put it. It’s a fine beer and I’d probably think more of it if it was brewed by another . Cigar city set a high bar with jai alai and this one just doesn’t come close . It has a nice pineapple aroma . Taste is similar , but it’s light . Almost goes down like lemonade . This is more Kelvin than Fred . I appreciate the quality efforts to embarrass the bozos in red, but overall expectations weren’t quite met .B-

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Cigar city - Florida man

Disappointing is a good way to put it. It’s a fine beer and I’d probably think more of it if it was brewed by another . Cigar city set a high bar with jai alai and this one just doesn’t come close . It has a nice pineapple aroma . Taste is similar , but it’s light . Almost goes down like lemonade . This is more Kelvin than Fred . I appreciate the quality efforts to embarrass the bozos in red, but overall expectations weren’t quite met .B-
Hey Bait! I'm trying to post a photo I took, but can't figure out how. You obviously do it, so was wondering if you could give me a quick tutorial. Thanx! :bart:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Cigar city - Florida man

We can get Jai Alai in Seattle now and it stacks up well against some of the best IPAs in a can available here.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Bait! I'm trying to post a photo I took, but can't figure out how. You obviously do it, so was wondering if you could give me a quick tutorial. Thanx! :bart:

Bart,

I had you pegged as the Vincent Chase of Gatorchatter, so hopefully you still
aren't rocking the flip phone. Download the Gatorchatter app on your iPhone
and it's simple to add pictures as an attachment to the posts.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bart,

I had you pegged as the Vincent Chase of Gatorchatter, so hopefully you still
aren't rocking the flip phone. Download the Gatorchatter app on your iPhone
and it's simple to add pictures as an attachment to the posts.
Did not get that reference - had to look it up. I use whatever phone my employer supplies me with - right now, that's an iPhone. I'll give it a shot, but what you call 'simple' may prove challenging to a luddite like myself.

And here's the rub. I've already put that photo on my computer and deleted it off my phone. Ah, fokk it, if I knew how to insert the photo from my computer I'd do it, but I can't figure that out.
Anyway, seven years ago my brother gave me a 22 of the beer below (La Muerta, from Freetail Brewing in San Antonio). It's a big 10-11% stout, capable of being cellared. I'm not into all that, but my brother is. A few months after he gave me the beer he told me that he opened one and it was super foamy (likely contaminated) and that I should probably just dump mine. Well given that review and my general laziness, I was not inclined to open it until recently when my wife was cleaning out the pantry and threatened to throw it out. So I took it outside fully expecting it to erupt, but it did not. So I took it inside an poured a glass and looked and smelled great, decent head but not super foamy (I actually poured it pretty aggressively). It tasted pretty damn good too! My wife even tried some even though she doesn't care for big stouts like that, even if they haven't been in our pantry for 7 years.
Not my photo
f4707e336bde6fb394ece5513b62b25f_640x640.jpg

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, gonna give this a try, Bait.
Having a Melvin ‘Nordic IPA’ called Frothy Embrace.
Imagine Bart trying to upload a photo many times, unsuccessfully.
:shambles:
I give up. The beer is drinkable but otherwise, meh. Mehlvin :lol:
I do like their IPAs in general and have been to the brewery, and they love to brew IPAs.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Okay, gonna give this a try, Bait.
Having a Melvin ‘Nordic IPA’ called Frothy Embrace.
Imagine Bart trying to upload a photo many times, unsuccessfully.
:shambles:
I give up. The beer is drinkable but otherwise, meh. Mehlvin :lol:
I do like their IPAs in general and have been to the brewery, and they love to brew IPAs.
upload_2020-5-2_0-32-50.jpeg

I’d actually love to try that. Never even heard of this Kveik yeast. From that experimental standpoint, I think you west coast guys have a decided advantage.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’d actually love to try that. Never even heard of this Kveik yeast. From that experimental standpoint, I think you west coast guys have a decided advantage.
Yeah. Wine and beer. However back east have bourbon perfected which trumps it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator