Beer reviews

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Yeah well next fall on gameday let's see you try and down 20 plus cans or bottles of some peach & mango/pomegranate infused fruity pebbles brew after hacking down a rack of ribs and 20 or so hot wings....
Beer is meant to be swill.....and it's meant to be swilled in large quantities that won't make you sh!t a fruit salad or worse yet regurgitate one on your living room floor in the 2nd quarter....

Dude, I am not even sure how to respond to that. I am not a beer snob and I will drink a bud light on occassion (if NOTHING else is available and I have to grill). I like a Blue Moon or a Sam Adams Summer Ale. There are a lot better beers out there than anything Budweiser. They make cool commercials though.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dude, I am not even sure how to respond to that. I am not a beer snob and I will drink a bud light on occassion (if NOTHING else is available and I have to grill). I like a Blue Moon or a Sam Adams Summer Ale. There are a lot better beers out there than anything Budweiser. They make cool commercials though.
The Summer Ale is the one with the sailing ship on it, right? That's about as fancy a beer as I like/drink.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Ya see that fellas? It's just beer... no fruit 'n schit, just ice, cold, beer...
The other two beverages sharing the counter space; are they what I think they are? Yuck; disgusting.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Am currently in Pasco at the in-laws, so that means I drink whatever beer my FIL drinks, and as he is 95, that means it’s never any thing craft; it is always something that tastes like “beer”. This visit he’s featuring Germany. Can’t complain about the taste and after working on projects around the house all day, it went down pretty well at “happy hour.” upload_2020-5-25_21-25-22.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Crooked Stave Trellis Buster Double IPA

upload_2020-5-29_23-41-5.jpeg

Really great beer. Stronger than I usually drink, and as expected very hoppy. But one of the handful of brewers that do the doubles right. Clean, but light, and a surprisingly smooth finish considering the 8 points. The type of beer that if you didn’t know what you were drinking, and killed 3-4 over the course of a UF game’s first half, there would be stories told to you the next day. On GB25’s scale, I’d call this an A-.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have not seen that recently over here, maybe at all. Ballast Point has an unfiltered and it's great, so I'm sure that's a great beer. Enjoy.
Love Ballast Point!
Stone produces the Enjoy By series about every 3 months. They usually do one for Xmas, Valentines, July 4, and some other Fall date. It's usually very consistent with hop content and the heavy grain flavor. This is the first time I've seen it in a can. It used to only come in 22-oz. bombers, but I've seen six-pack bottles in the past year, and now the can. I was pretty happy with it, despite the $14/six price. I'm going to pick up some more tomorrow when I'm at Trader Joe's so maybe a few will actually last until July 4. ;)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Am currently in Pasco at the in-laws, so that means I drink whatever beer my FIL drinks, and as he is 95, that means it’s never any thing craft; it is always something that tastes like “beer”. This visit he’s featuring Germany. Can’t complain about the taste and after working on projects around the house all day, it went down pretty well at “happy hour.”
I think I like your FIL... sounds like he is actually a man! ;)

PS Warsteiner is a safe domestic choice... we used to buy the little 5L mini kegs all the time.

PPS Also, next time I'm in Tampa, there is a german restaurant that I need to visit that is actually owned by germans from the town i was stationed in and never knew the restaurant was in Tamp until the other day.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Image1591922897.342725.jpg
Relapse IPA from Wayfinder out of Portland. 7%
Can says clear, clean and hoppy.
That sums it up nicely.
Solante!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_0512.JPG

St Patrick’s day IPA by Atlanta brewing

Really good . Similar aroma to most citrus forward IPA. Taste is a nice blend of that , but the hops are fairly light and don’t linger . Perfect for an afternoon by the pool or on the golf course. A-.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I generally like Swamphead. But this is a failure of epic proportions, imo. I’ve kind of cooled on NE’s recently but my wife got me this for a gift. There’s no direction. It lacks balance. I’m not even sure I’d call it a NE style. It’s just a bad beer. Giant F.

upload_2020-6-13_18-0-45.jpeg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I generally like Swamphead. But this is a failure of epic proportions, imo. I’ve kind of cooled on NE’s recently but my wife got me this for a gift. There’s no direction. It lacks balance. I’m not even sure I’d call it a NE style. It’s just a bad beer. Giant F.

It’s called “It takes a Village?” What did you expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.