Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_0514.jpg

Sierra Nevada 40th anniversary IPA

I enjoyed this one very much. Nice blend of light pine and citrus.
It has a similar aroma and look to the classic two hearted by Bells,
and the taste isn't far off. Very good brew by SN, A-

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Had a First Cast IPA tonight. Made by elevation beer co. Really different. Bought a six pack so I’ll try to describe it after a few more.

Still working on that six pack Seabee? :lol:
I looked it up and it scored an 83 on Beer Advocate and was around 3.7 out of 5 on Untapped, so middle of the road IPA according to the masses.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Still working on that six pack Seabee? :lol:
I looked it up and it scored an 83 on Beer Advocate and was around 3.7 out of 5 on Untapped, so middle of the road IPA according to the masses.
:lol: forgot to swing back by. It was nothing earth shattering or life changing but worth a try if you see it. More of a subtle IPA than a really strong pine type taste. It claims hints of this and that but I did not pick up on anything significant.

If anyone is I Colorado and is looking for a "everyday" type of Pale Ale, I highly recommend Upslope Pale Ale (red/silver can). Only $14.99/12-pack which is a steal around here for craft beers (even the mass produced variety) and its a pleasant drinker.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
4B25AF37-AF9B-4DF6-AB3B-4628CBFE57AB.jpeg This is still my favorite lager and it’s even better when you can find it on draft. (Found it at a great little spot in Vienna, Austria once called Krah-krah; stopped going anywhere else). Just don’t call it “Czechvar” over there!

Edit: Had a little trouble loading the picture last night; no doubt user error.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IPA from Pelican Brewing out of Lincoln City, OR. On the coast, a beautiful place. Image1594342275.882677.jpg

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Tried the upslope 2020 experimental India pale ale. Really like it. Not as hoppy as some of their other stuff. Very smooth. Good enough to buy a second sixer.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Modus Manderina Citrus IPA by Ska Brewing is good. Not overwhelmingly orange tasting. Good mix of orange and IPA. Not my personal favorite hops but can doesn’t list what kind are used so not sure. Would recommend though. Enjoyable.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Currently enjoying the Trimtab IPA.
It’s refreshing and surprisingly light for
A 6 percenter . Sort of a pineapple aroma,
Taste follows with a light pine aftertaste that
is subtle ( not like the dreadful gin that never
seems to leave). Solid B from this Bama brewer.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Night Flying IPA from Fremont Brewing, Seattle. 7% and 64 IBUs. Hops hit you up front right in the mouth. I looked up the profile and I think it’s the hop oil blend they use that gives it that hop forwardness. B+ and would buy again; actually bought a 4 pack. :bandit:
Great logo on the can.
View attachment 23594

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Going to the house IPA, Bodhizafa from Georgetown Brewing, Seattle. 6.9% quite hoppy with just the right amount of citrus.
It looks hazy, but it’s just unfiltered; not a big fan of the haze craze.
Image1595115239.694001.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Motorworks Brewing’s Pulp Friction. My first go wit them. Bought a single against my better judgement but on the recco of the store owner who raves about it. I have to say, this may be the worst beer I’ve had in some time. Outside of the extremely overpowering grapefruit, there was nothing. It’s literally just an ale with grapefruit juice poured in and mixed about as well as a drink at a busy night club. Maybe I’ve become too spoiled, but this was dreadful. I’d give it an F-, but I’m honestly not sure it even deserves a grade.

upload_2020-7-18_23-11-44.jpeg

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Going to the house IPA, Bodhizafa from Georgetown Brewing, Seattle. 6.9% quite hoppy with just the right amount of citrus.
It looks hazy, but it’s just unfiltered; not a big fan of the haze craze.
View attachment 23600

I love the look. Sure the taste is refreshing too. It was 97 yesterday ️.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator