Beer reviews

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love the look. Sure the taste is refreshing too. It was 97 yesterday ️.
I think we hit 76 yesterday. Supposed to get a couple of days in the 80s this coming week, but then back into the 70s after that for a stretch. Summer's are pretty awesome out here.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Motorworks Brewing’s Pulp Friction. My first go wit them. Bought a single against my better judgement but on the recco of the store owner who raves about it. I have to say, this may be the worst beer I’ve had in some time. Outside of the extremely overpowering grapefruit, there was nothing. It’s literally just an ale with grapefruit juice poured in and mixed about as well as a drink at a busy night club. Maybe I’ve become too spoiled, but this was dreadful. I’d give it an F-, but I’m honestly not sure it even deserves a grade.

“F-“? Were you afraid that if you gave it an “F+” folks might try it?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
“F-“? Were you afraid that if you gave it an “F+” folks might try it?

I can’t tell you how disappointed I was in that beer. Was already a bit grouchy. But was trying to sit and relax and listen to music with my son and that about ruined it. Fortunately I had some Lagunitas Lil Sumpin to get things back on track.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can’t tell you how disappointed I was in that beer. Was already a bit grouchy. But was trying to sit and relax and listen to music with my son and that about ruined it. Fortunately I had some Lagunitas Lil Sumpin to get things back on track.
Those Lil Sumpins taste like sh*t so I can’t imagine how bad that crap you an F- is. :barfaway:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Man... tried Turkeyfoot IPA last night. Dude at the beer store highly recommended it. Dude at local brewery said it was meh. To say I was disappointed that it didn’t even meet “meh” is an understatement. Do not recommend. Gonna be tough to finish off the sixer. May have to chase with bourbon.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Motorworks Brewing’s Pulp Friction. My first go wit them. Bought a single against my better judgement but on the recco of the store owner who raves about it. I have to say, this may be the worst beer I’ve had in some time. Outside of the extremely overpowering grapefruit, there was nothing. It’s literally just an ale with grapefruit juice poured in and mixed about as well as a drink at a busy night club. Maybe I’ve become too spoiled, but this was dreadful. I’d give it an F-, but I’m honestly not sure it even deserves a grade.

View attachment 23651

It doesn’t even look good, and the can is hideous as well. We’ve all been there bro

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_0617.jpg

Resist double vanilla - By the brewing project

Never heard of this WI brewer, but it's quite good. Definitely not the type of beer you enjoy several of back to back.
If you like Vanilla this one is for you. Otherwise best to stay away. Remember those Orange creamsicle ice cream
bars from good humor? This is the adult version. The citrus and vanilla aroma match the taste. I was glad I tried
this one,but probably won't do so again anytime soon. The Keyser Soze of brews is the double vanilla. Once you
learn about it, the appeal isn't quite as great the next go around. Solid B here for these guys.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Had this for the first time last week at a bar in Destin. I’d heard some about the brewer, Toppling Goliath, but hadn’t tried anything. This was an incredible pale ale/IPA. Great citra hope, and just tremendous balance and overall flavor. Feels like I’ve been in a rut of late in trying new beers, so this one made me happy.

upload_2020-8-15_22-20-56.jpeg

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I had a really great brand new coffee porter at my local brewery yesterday. Forgot to take a photo, but it was absolutely worth the 50 minute walk to get there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I had a really great brand new coffee porter at my local brewery yesterday. Forgot to take a photo, but it was absolutely worth the 50 minute walk to get there.

I almost never remember in the moment to snap a pic in the moment. Generally just use stock pics from Google

Also, fwiw, I’ve heard someone in the next village has a rickshaw. For next time.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I almost never remember in the moment to snap a pic in the moment. Generally just use stock pics from Google

Also, fwiw, I’ve heard someone in the next village has a rickshaw. For next time.

LMAO. Since the pandemic, I've been doing a LOT of walking (and running and strength exercises and stretching, etc). I listen to my music and it helps clear my head. It's only a six-seven minute drive, but it feels great to walk.

I too use stock pics I find online. I did with the previous beer I posted. But this new beer was just created on Thursday or Friday, so no new photos I could find yet.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

If either of these guys show up with the rickshaw, my advice would be to give it a miss.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tried this one once before and didn’t care for it. This time it tastes great. Craft beer! Goat Boater IPA from Rainy Daze Brewing out on the peninsula in Poulsbo, WA.
Goat Boater is slang for a kayaker. Image1597798876.926313.jpg

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
This is my favorite beer. Local brewery.

Peanut Butter Perkolatte.

Coffee milk stout with peanut butter. I'm enjoying it right now while I watch Cobra Kai. IMG_20200906_172045146.jpg

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stone’s Delicious IPA - gluten reduced. Pretty tasty. Funny ad campaign to print upside down labels. Leave no Stone unturned. :lol:
Image1599780799.655246.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Stone’s Delicious IPA - gluten reduced. Pretty tasty. Funny ad campaign to print upside down labels. Leave no Stone unturned. :lol:

Stone Delicious is such a fantastic beer. Never had the gluten free. Did you buy it just randomly or do you have a gluten issue?

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stone Delicious is such a fantastic beer. Never had the gluten free. Did you buy it just randomly or do you have a gluten issue?

I’ve had it before in bottle form but never in a can. I have a friend who has been doing his laundry at our house on weekends and he’s got the ciliac, so I mainly got it for him. But it’s good enough for me too, unlike most gluten free beers.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it’s just before kickoff, 9am out here. Going with a go to seasonal from my favorite brewer. Reuben’s Moreish IPA. Classic, crisp, hop forward. Go Gators!
Image1601136037.559244.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator