Beer reviews

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is Bells Larry special or some **** .
Very good. Similar to the two hearted but a little
Lighter

Attachments

• 076BB105-662A-4110-BF2B-89541D7B1E0C.jpeg
    076BB105-662A-4110-BF2B-89541D7B1E0C.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 95

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Had this for the first time last Saturday but forgot to post. Incredible Pilsner. Surprisingly doesn’t rate that high with some of the beer sites because I loved it. Really clean and light but still carrying the German weight in taste. Immediately became my wife’s favorite beer. In the right setting, you could take down way too many of these before the 4.8 caught up to you.

11163658879006.png

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Have a 24 pack of assorted oyster city brews. Small brewery in appalach, one of the gulf coasts hidden gems. Some good stuff in there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Had two great beers tonight. Was invited over to some friends’ and decided to bring the beer to be safe. Mixed company of Stone Delicious and these two new ones.

For starters, credit to a local Gville spot for a really solid lager. I’ve been told by a brewer friend of mine that a good lager/Pilsner is the hardest beer to produce. This is a really clean, solid beer. Slightly heavy for a lager, but that’s what you expect from a micro. Definite buy, especially for a day event like a game.

upload_2021-2-13_21-34-22.jpeg

This is an award winning beer from Iowa that’s incredibly good. Toppling Goliath Double IPA. As you would imagine, it’s a strong beer that has a lot of intensity. If you like IPAs you’d like it. If you don’t, shy away and are probably a homosexual. There’s a lot of citrus and a hint of banana and clove like a Hefeweizen. If you find it and like this type of beer, get it. Really good.

upload_2021-2-13_21-45-37.jpeg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Had two great beers tonight. Was invited over to some friends’ and decided to bring the beer to be safe. Mixed company of Stone Delicious and these two new ones.

For starters, credit to a local Gville spot for a really solid lager. I’ve been told by a brewer friend of mine that a good lager/Pilsner is the hardest beer to produce. This is a really clean, solid beer. Slightly heavy for a lager, but that’s what you expect from a micro. Definite buy, especially for a day event like a game.

This is an award winning beer from Iowa that’s incredibly good. Toppling Goliath Double IPA. As you would imagine, it’s a strong beer that has a lot of intensity. If you like IPAs you’d like it. If you don’t, shy away and are probably a homosexual. There’s a lot of citrus and a hint of banana and clove like a Hefeweizen. If you find it and like this type of beer, get it. Really good.

Uh, I think the one who likes a hint of banana and clove in his beer might be the one who’s light in the loafers there, Nancy.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 30134

View attachment 30135

I’ve seen the can with the T. rex before but haven’t given it a shot . As I recall it was $15 for four tall boys so I passed . Sounds good maybe I’ll give it
a shot sometime . I hope someone cut into that pineapple in the background . Probably my favorite fruit .

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve seen the can with the T. rex before but haven’t given it a shot . As I recall it was $15 for four tall boys so I passed . Sounds good maybe I’ll give it
a shot sometime . I hope someone cut into that pineapple in the background . Probably my favorite fruit .

It’s expensive. The one I finally had last night was ranked a Top-5 beer last year according to some outlet I read. They’re milking that for sure.

The pineapple, and picture, was at someone else’s house, so no idea. But they’re Venezuelan, so I’m sure it won’t make it through today.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s been a while! My favorite of these was Gobsmacked by Reubens. Probably my favorite beer ever.
Image1619312056.725490.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Most underrated beer at the store. Gets no respect, but is easy to drink, yet has flavor and a fair alcohol %

Couldn't agree more. Have 6-12 in my beer fridge at all times. It’s also the first beer my wife and I had after the ceremony on our wedding day, so I’m a little biased.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
German chocolate cake by Wicked weed

It’s good. Probably more of a winter beer, its still good though . A little coconut, a lot chocolate. Reminds
Me of the founders breakfast stout some . Just not quite as good .

A-
47004329-A47A-49C8-88AE-F6F80585C559.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb