:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kellerweis only comes out in the fall.

A couple more:

Bell's Two Hearted Ale is terrific:
SJM-L-BEER-0621.jpg

I tried the Tangerine Wheat from Lost Coast Brewery the other day and it blew my socks off. I tried it more as a joke.
Lost-Coast-Brewery-Tangerine-Wheat.jpg

That Two-Hearted Ale by Bell’s isn’t bested by many. That’s just good stuff.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

A couple more:

SJM-L-BEER-0621.jpg

I tried the Tangerine Wheat from Lost Coast Brewery the other day and it blew my socks off. I tried it more as a joke.
Lost-Coast-Brewery-Tangerine-Wheat.jpg

Two hearted is the best beer I’ve ever had .

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
any of the light domestics work fine to stay hydrated. .
Arent you supposed to a medical person of some sort?

No, drinking any alcohol doesnt keep you hydrated, bc alcohol is a diuretic.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sure, right... next you’ll be telling me vodka doesn’t make me warm in the freezing cold!
You give it to a hot Russian chick, then you keep each other warm.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

A couple more:

SJM-L-BEER-0621.jpg

Bells Two Hearted is a staple. Not sure there's a better overall beer out there. I'm a big IPA drinker and it's near perfect.

I'd add in Stone Delicious

stone-delicious-label.jpg

And for more of a session, pale ale type, Cigar City has this twice-a-year release.

upload_2018-6-27_17-5-50.jpeg

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Went to a buddy's house last night for bbq. I offered to bring some beer, but he says don't worry I have plenty. I get there and all he has is different IPAs. Man, I really hate IPAs. They are the Starbucks Coffee of beers. Give me a Guiness or a Kilkenny or even a damn Summer Shandy half lemonade thingy before handing me one of those.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last week in Cleveland the bar had this stuff on tap:
ci-alltech-kentucky-bourbon-barrel-ale-b6dac9e3acc3feda.jpeg

The beer is stored in Bourbon barrels and yes, you can taste the bourbon flavor when you drink it. I believe it is 12%. Two pints of this and I was feeling it.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is no shortage of beer here in SD. One I tried the other night is .394 Pale Ale, named after Tony Gwynn. Good stuff.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bells Two Hearted is a staple. Not sure there's a better overall beer out there. I'm a big IPA drinker and it's near perfect.

I'd add in Stone Delicious

stone-delicious-label.jpg

And for more of a session, pale ale type, Cigar City has this twice-a-year release.

View attachment 9671

I've been wanting to give the Stone a try. It's on tap but I've opted not to pay $9 for an 11oz pour.
As for Bell's the two hearted is my favorite as stated previously. They make a great Porter too, but stay away from their Oatsmobile.
It's a letdown for sure.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I've been wanting to give the Stone a try. It's on tap but I've opted not to pay $9 for an 11oz pour.
As for Bell's the two hearted is my favorite as stated previously. They make a great Porter too, but stay away from their Oatsmobile.
It's a letdown for sure.

That's good to know about the Oatsmobile. I always see the horses and am drawn to trying it. As bizarre as it is, I'm actually not a fan of most of the other Bell's offerings. Stone isn't much different. Aside from the Delicious and the Scorpion Bowl, they're all just ok, imo. I was disappointed by the Go-to, and the Mocha(not sure why I even tried this) was borderline undrinkable. And yeah, the price point is always higher.

A few others I like are Coppertail Freedive out of Tampa, Ballast Point's Grapefruit and Unfiltered, Firestone Walker's IPA(harder to get here) and for a lager, the Samuel Smith's organic lager is probably the cleanest, most enjoyable lager I've had recently. Really good beer.

I've discovered that I have certain parameters of what I like and don't like. And where I used to go and build a 6 every weekend to try new things, I'm kind of to the point that I've tried most of what's out there, and I'm just wasting money buying 3-5 beers each week that I don't really like. I'll still try things, especially if I'm out. But the trend of seeing how much hops you can cram into a beer, balance or not, has caused me to kind of reign in my adventurous spirit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.