Beer Sales at Football Games

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
University of Texas is very close to offering beer sales at their football games with their new President backing this. It got me thinking, this is such a no brainer that every school from east to west DIV III to FCS should offer at football games. Tons of money to be made back to the Athletic Dept. It would curb binge drinking and some studies show there to be less violence.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...reg-fenves-supports-beer-sales-football-games

What are your thoughts?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well it would only be on the Alumni sides, and I bet our previous president would not go for it. Our new guy is an engineer and if data supports it as better then I think it would fly. How about selling say wine as well for those of us who don't prefer beer?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It seems like such a no brainer in terms of how much money they would make. During that Idaho rain delay... They would have made enough to cover Big Macs's buyout.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I heard Ackerman discussing this on his radio show the other day and he said that UF will not sale beer at the game's as long as Foley Is the AD.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Oh, the memories. An omen to start the season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
I heard Ackerman discussing this on his radio show the other day and he said that UF will not sale beer at the game's as long as Foley Is the AD.
So, several weeks at least.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Stadium beer sales ? May as well turn it into a Willie Nelson concert. And if Riley Cooper returned no telling what he'd yell.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
VulcanAlex;n235063 said:
Well it would only be on the Alumni sides, and I bet our previous president would not go for it. Our new guy is an engineer and if data supports it as better then I think it would fly. How about selling say wine as well for those of us who don't prefer beer?

It is not logical for humans to ingest intoxicating liquids.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n235084 said:
Stadium beer sales ? May as well turn it into a Willie Nelson concert. And if Riley Cooper returned no telling what he'd yell.
Obviously, we have to keep a close eye on Riley Cooper if he returns.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n235086 said:
It is not logical for humans to ingest intoxicating liquids.

Sure it is as long as not done to excess. You just have to be careful about green alien females giving you anything.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
VulcanAlex;n235089 said:
Sure it is as long as not done to excess. You just have to be careful about green alien females giving you anything.

They look better and better as the drinks flow.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n235090 said:
They look better and better as the drinks flow.

Probably not since drinking to excess would (might) interfere with the effect.

http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Orion_(Star_Trek)

Orion females are known through the galaxy for their beauty and for releasing strong pheromones which make their attraction particularly hard to resist. In at least some occasions, the Orions have been able to take advantage of this to persuade others to do what they want. Orions are a cunning, dangerous and opportunistic species, frequently found involved with conspiracy, piracy and slavery of other species as well as their own

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n235067 said:
It seems like such a no brainer in terms of how much money they would make. During that Idaho rain delay... They would have made enough to cover Big Macs's buyout.
From me alone!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
[h=2]Beer Sales at Football Games[/h]
Phckn A.. ........I remember walking in the stands after games in the sixties and finding empty whisky bottles (fifths) all over the stadium. Serious drinking went on without enforcement.
Selling beer on those hot days would be a winner. Need more cops for the dumazzzes that want to be start sh#t.

:drunk:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n235063 said:

1. Why would it only be on the Alumni sides?

2. Yes, wine would be available.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Think about it. Why not give the athletes a percent of the concession profits rather than a stipend?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n235197 said:
Think about it. Why not give the athletes a percent of the concession profits rather than a stipend?

Then they're professionals. The stipend is worded to only cover the full cost of attendance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.