Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the response was, “what’s on tap?” If the answer was “Busch”, then the answer was “bottle”. Otherwise, the answer was “tap”.
The asnwer is you are in the wrong damn bar.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yuengling is at the Circle K in Brooker so it must be pedestrian...........

Why would someone ever go into a gas station in this day in age? I honestly don’t get it. As I’m at the pump, I’m always amazed at the droves of people going in and out, paying triple for whatever they buy and/or leaving with one of those giant sodas that just screams diabetes. I feel like I’m a reasonable person. Why does this still happen?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This rule holds true for craft beers as well. Stupid hipster thinks aluminum > tap - wrong! That said, definitely don’t mind the can. Sipping one now.

My philosophy is know your surroundings. If I’m at a place where I know they haven’t cleaned those hoses in months because it’s not a craft brew type environment, I’m going bottle. The headache from really, really bad yeast is horrific.

Same with anything involving bitters or vermouth. If you know it’ll take them a year to go through that little bottle(basically most places) avoid anything like an Old Fashioned or Manhattan. Maybe the only thing worse than the bad beer hose headache.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We were flashing back to an earlier time. For me it was about 30 years ago. Bars were different then.
Bush, Bud, Michelobe, Miller ... that was about standard offering on tap back in the day?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Why would someone ever go into a gas station in this day in age? I honestly don’t get it. As I’m at the pump, I’m always amazed at the droves of people going in and out, paying triple for whatever they buy and/or leaving with one of those giant sodas that just screams diabetes. I feel like I’m a reasonable person. Why does this still happen?
Gas Station. Havent heard that term in awhile. Or even seen one. I rarely go in cause my card does the transaction. But in a small town like Brooker it is the source for alchohol tobacco and lottery tix. And many dont have cards and pay cash to run the pump. Or a single beer or soda or energy drink. Candy and now have sandwiches and salads even. Sort of a poor mans WAWA.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
My philosophy is know your surroundings. If I’m at a place where I know they haven’t cleaned those hoses in months because it’s not a craft brew type environment, I’m going bottle. The headache from really, really bad yeast is horrific.

Same with anything involving bitters or vermouth. If you know it’ll take them a year to go through that little bottle(basically most places) avoid anything like an Old Fashioned or Manhattan. Maybe the only thing worse than the bad beer hose headache.
I was gifted a growler with a tap on it that you can insert a CO2 canister in to have 4 tap craft brews. Best of every world.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Too sensible a question. I don't expect law or Ox to understand it.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I may have just learned something. Unclean hoses causes the headaches?
Makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator