cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The best things I've gotten from this thread are that Yuengling is okay to drink, the tap hoses can cause headaches (explains a lot for past experiences; wondering if funnel hoses can have that same effect), and everyone should drink what tastes good to them. I admittedly don't know a lot about the varieties and crafts, but I've been drinking beer for over 40 years now and Bud Light draft in a frozen mug at the wing joint is still pretty good to me.

c2Jr. has bought some beer from the Proof Brewery in Tallahassee and the Mango Wit is not bad, though I can't say that I can taste any Mango (but it does kinda resemble a Blue Moon, which I like). We bought some Florida Cracker at Mexico Beach a few times (before Michael nuked it) and enjoyed it, too. The last new stuff I tried was from Pretoria Fields in Albany GA called Skywater Ale and I liked it pretty well. I don't guess my tastes are too discriminating except that I won't drink PBR anymore. To repeat, I endorse drinking what you like the taste of and can tolerate with who you most enjoy having some cool ones. I haven't got enough time left to worry about whether I measure up to whomever and whatever. I'm hoping heaven has a beer joint, but I'm afraid there's only Zima and cheap blends in hell. I think I've still got time to start living right.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Stella because of the cool glass,

and if your drinking with the Bud guy, you can’t go off brand at the table :)

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They were interchangeable when I was growing up. We used both terms near Gville where I grew up.

What is an example of a sour? Are they designer beers sold at high end liquor stores for rich people? I will have to try one,

It’s hard to really describe for me...but yes they are a expensive beer that’s for sure. I find them to have a very light, crisp, and refreshing taste. They vary greatly in the level of tartness to them. Gose style is my favorite

Gose is a warm fermented[1] beer that originated in Goslar, Germany. It is usually brewed with at least 50% of the grain bill being malted wheat. Dominant flavours in gose include a lemon sourness, an herbal characteristic, and a strong saltiness

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yuengling has a porter with a hint of chocolate out. Their black and tan porter is always good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.