Best burger?

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n191404 said:
He's a vegetarian on a burger thread. He does the shake weight and the thighmaster.

I've just always wanted to find someone that was a vegetarian and did this Crossfit crap. I'm curious which one they talk about first. We all know vegans are all "Oh, I'm on a vegan diet." Same with those that do crossfit. They absolutely have to tell you about it right f'n now.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n191382 said:
I brought leftovers, but I may need to go get a burger. If only there were a good burger joint around here somewhere. Maybe I'll just make some tonight. Yeah.....some cow with some pig and some cheese.

Now I'm hungry.

I picked up some kobe burgers from the Publix and brouts for dinner to throw on the grill this weekend... hmmm

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n191412 said:
I picked up some kobe burgers from the Publix and brouts for dinner to throw on the grill this weekend... hmmm

Publix has kobe burgers? I'm going to have to find those.

I'm 38, and it's taken a lifetime to finally master brats on the grill. In a big disposable foil pan, add beer, a couple of sliced onions, and brats. Simmer for roughly 20 minutes. Add sauerkraut and jalapenos and cook another 5 minutes. Move the brats to the grates and grill them for a few minutes to crisp them up. Use that sauerkraut/jalapeno/onion/beer mixture for your topping. Makes my mouth water just typing that....

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I like brats on the smoker. Whenever I'm smoking something that's going to take all day, I'll throw some brats on early for lunch. I grill them, too, I just really like them on the smoker. Of course, a pack of brats isn't enough to fire the smoker up, though.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n191651 said:
I like brats on the smoker. Whenever I'm smoking something that's going to take all day, I'll throw some brats on early for lunch. I grill them, too, I just really like them on the smoker. Of course, a pack of brats isn't enough to fire the smoker up, though.

I only due Brats when I'm cooking them with something else.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n191643 said:
Publix has kobe burgers? I'm going to have to find those.

I'm 38, and it's taken a lifetime to finally master brats on the grill. In a big disposable foil pan, add beer, a couple of sliced onions, and brats. Simmer for roughly 20 minutes. Add sauerkraut and jalapenos and cook another 5 minutes. Move the brats to the grates and grill them for a few minutes to crisp them up. Use that sauerkraut/jalapeno/onion/beer mixture for your topping. Makes my mouth water just typing that....

I just noticed them at Publix on Super Bowl Sunday. I don't know if they were there before that. I'm am still trying to perfect my brat, had a few good sets. The baseball park just down the road makes the best brats, they contract out the company that grills them.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Due you now? I can't eat more than maybe one and a half so I don't usually do anything else with them. I mean, if I'm cooking for a group, sure, I'll cook burgers and maybe some dogs.

Brats give me gas, too. :proud:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n191666 said:
Due you now? I can't eat more than maybe one and a half so I don't usually do anything else with them. I mean, if I'm cooking for a group, sure, I'll cook burgers and maybe some dogs.

Brats give me gas, too. :proud:
Nothing in life like sittin around the campfire with your homies after burning some meat and blowin off some good smoke.
[video=youtube;MDVrmSEZEKg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVrmSEZEKg[/video]

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tried Culver's last night. Had a double butter burger, carmel milkshark, and fries, the wife had similar with a mint orea milkshake and onion rings. For the price the meal wasn't bad at all, better than a number of burger places. Not as good as Five Guys, but not as expensive either. The milkshakes are pretty damn good, and the staff their is a chik-fil-a polite.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n191643 said:

Wow, Commander, I'm sexually aroused.

3925-6196.gif

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
8 pages......PDS, the new and improved tackle box is on 441 past Home Despot. Bevs Burgers very good the wife's favorite. For real old timers the old Water Burger on 13th st. between 3rd ave and 5th was very good. Also ate a ton of Chandlers in the day. Cannot eat much now because of the diverticulitis. One of the best burger I ever ate was
buffalo at a Pow Wow in north Fla.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just stayed in a cabin basically on the Ga/Tenn border. I broke the grill there. So I improvised, took the grate off the grill and suspended it over the fire pit... and cooked the burgers over the hot coals. Wow were they good. I have to do that every time now.

Attachments

• conv_2861.JPG
    conv_2861.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 61

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When friends and I would go camping, we would steal a shopping cart to use as a make shift grate to put over the fire.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n201476 said:
Just stayed in a cabin basically on the Ga/Tenn border. I broke the grill there. So I improvised, took the grate off the grill and suspended it over the fire pit... and cooked the burgers over the hot coals. Wow were they good. I have to do that every time now.

We used to do venison that way when we camped when I was a kid. tasted awesome.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
For venison, if you can get the backstrap or loin, wrap it bacon!

A may zing!!

Serve some spicy datil pepper mustard on the side for dipping.

:shocked:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n201484 said:
When friends and I would go camping, we would steal a shopping cart to use as a make shift grate to put over the fire.

When you say friends you mean T and URG, right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n187553 said:
Black Bean burgers...yum!
Had a black bean burger at a fufu burger joint today. I don't know whether I feel more ashamed about ordering it to begin with or the fact that I really loved it.

:confusedandashamedlifeincrisis:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n201476 said:
Try it on the coals sometime. Hot but not the red-hot glowing ones. Just brush off the coals when done. Some will stay on but it's actually an interesting taste. Kind of a crunch but without a taste really.

Ash biscuits in the morning are great done that way also.

I've also cooked burgers or steaks over a "grate" of mesquite when I was spending some time in the desert. Very nice taste. I'm sure plenty of wood would add a interesting flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.