g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
For the life of me, I can't figure out where that guitar sound in this video is coming from......

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You probably didn't notice but if you look to the right of the girl there's a guy playing guitar :p

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
For the life of me, I can't figure out where that guitar sound in this video is coming from......

I'd drink all night listening to them sing, but the guitar player not so much. That said, he's probably the one that arranges the songs. Plus, I hate him just because. ;)

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Not sure who did the original version of this tune, but this is the best I've ever heard. Not even close either....IMO. Beck absolutely shines in this one.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Cornell's Nothing Compares is probably my all time favorite, but this one is really good.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure who did the original version of this tune, but this is the best I've ever heard. Not even close either....IMO. Beck absolutely shines in this one.

Believe it was Beck Bogert and Appice
Edit* I'm wrong it was the Jeff Beck Group in 72

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Believe it was Beck Bogert and Appice
Edit* I'm wrong it was the Jeff Beck Group in 72
You got me interested in who did the first version--seems it was a group called Moloch(I've never heard of them), back in 1969. Was written by a guy named Don Nix. After Moloch, the one who actually made it grow some legs was Freddie King--one of his most well known tunes. (Saw him with Marshall Tucker band in 1972 and he was amazing.) After that, good lord a gazillion folks have covered it. Interesting read at this site on the history of the song. Cover versions of Going Down written by Don Nix | SecondHandSongs

Just for kicks, here is Freddie King doing his version.

And finally, a very good cover in honor of Freddie King by an all star group at a R&R Hall of Fame event. Joe Bonamassa, Dusty Hill, Derek Trucks, and Billy Gibbons. Their version is really close to Freddie King's original. Some excellent guitar work in here. That said, I still prefer the first vid I posted of Jeff Beck/Beth Hart's performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator