Best fast food burger

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The best burger I've ever had (that wasn't cooked at home) was from a place in Huntsville called, "The Little Diner" which was voted the best burger in Huntsville a few years back. The particular burger that received that nod is called the "Happy Burger" and is 1/2 pound of hand shaped ground beef. IT. IS. AWESOME. If BNA ever makes it back to Huntsville, which I doubt since he is now a spineless snowflake living it up in Denver, CO, I'm gonna take him there. ROFL...

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If it has to have a drive through (and I tend to agree with @NVGator that true fast food means there is a drive through) then Culvers is pretty good. Consistently hot, fresh and tasty. Haven't gotten a bad burger there yet.

If I'm going inside to eat, Ale House makes great burgers. It's off the menu now, but they had one with bacon, onion straws, and several cheeses including some of the beer cheese they serve with their soft pretzel. The beer cheese really made it. That burger was 10/10, but I wouldn't call it fast food.

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In and out, animal style is the titts. I also love a monterey melt from whataburger. That thing makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

I had a cholula chicken sandwich from golden chick this weekend and man was it good!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Used to be Checkers, but they've gone to shyt in G'ville (except maybe on Univ, need to check them again).

Agree with @AlexDaGator, Culvers is good, but I'd rather have the pot roast sandwich if I'm there. I've found that chain burger places are dependent on how busy they are (except McD's, they are always inferior). Some of the Wendy's in G'ville just serve hot, fresh, juicy burgers. Some Hardee's are the same.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've never had Culver's. There's a place in southern Virginia (when I was in Norfolk) called Cook-Out. It's not bad for fast food.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've never had Culver's. There's a place in southern Virginia (when I was in Norfolk) called Cook-Out. It's not bad for fast food.
Sandwich Inn in G’ville is hard to beat for sandwiches. Hey people cream over Mac’s for burgers, but I think they’re overrated

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It's a regional chain in the Midwest and they're pretty good. Introduced to me while TDY in Wisconsin. Really good place to go if you're trying to gain weight.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's a regional chain in the Midwest and they're pretty good. Introduced to me while TDY in Wisconsin. Really good place to go if you're trying to gain weight.

Culver's or Cook Out?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Freddy’s
Culver’s
In-N-Out
Whataburger
Shake shack
Smash Burger

Not in order but those are some of my favorites

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Freddy’s
Culver’s
In-N-Out
Whataburger
Shake shack
Smash Burger

Not in order but those are some of my favorites

I might have to try whataburger again, the worst burger I ever had was at a whataburger over a decade ago and never went back.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I might have to try whataburger again, the worst burger I ever had was at a whataburger over a decade ago and never went back.

It’s solid but after further thought I’m not sure it belongs on this list. It probably belongs in a conversation with McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys’s etc. it’s much better than those but probably last on the list I posted here.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

giphy.gif

Love Whataburger.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Sandwich Inn in G’ville is hard to beat for sandwiches. Hey people cream over Mac’s for burgers, but I think they’re overrated
Is it near the interstate? I pass through Gainesville several times a year. Can't stop for a meal (long trip). I need a good hamburger or chicken sandwich drive through near an interstate intersection. I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Love Whataburger.

There was a whataburger in Clearwater. I had finished my Saturday morning class (working on my MBA) purchased a PS3 (lets you know the timetable). My buddy and I went to whataburger, and the burger was a bland hockey puck. Now that whataburger wasn't open for much longer after that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is it near the interstate? I pass through Gainesville several times a year. Can't stop for a meal (long trip). I need a good hamburger or chicken sandwich drive through near an interstate intersection. I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.
Sandwich Inn is near Main St and 16th Ave, so no.

The Wendy’s near I-75 near 39th and Newberry Rd are typically, fresh & hot.

Bev’s Burgers in Alachua is good, but not super fast. But you can call ahead and walk up.

There’s a Mia Apa in Alachua that you can call sandwich orders into, also.

Chick fil a in Lake City isn’t as busy as Gville.

if you’re a Krystal’s guy - Newberry Rd and the interstate. Decent Hardee’s right there too.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
if you’re a Krystal’s guy - Newberry Rd and the interstate. Decent Hardee’s right there too.

Half the time I'm in Gainesville with the wife and daughter, we hit this Krystal on the way out. Easy to eat burgers while driving down the interstate. It's also one of my wife's favorite post concert bite on the way home.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Half the time I'm in Gainesville with the wife and daughter, we hit this Krystal on the way out. Easy to eat burgers while driving down the interstate. It's also one of my wife's favorite post concert bite on the way home.
i wouldnt eat at that particular krystal if you paid me.

i used to be able to crush a big mac & fries but the mere thought of it these days gives me the sh!ts. i always preferred that over any other major drive thru joints.

Bevs double double all the way, fries and a root beer at the alachua spot. for some reason its better than high springs.

if you make your way toward chiefland hit Ralphs, basically the same as Bevs but you get a tad bit more for what you pay for.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There was a whataburger in Clearwater. I had finished my Saturday morning class (working on my MBA) purchased a PS3 (lets you know the timetable). My buddy and I went to whataburger, and the burger was a bland hockey puck. Now that whataburger wasn't open for much longer after that.

Is that the same Whataburger that’s in TX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.