Best streaming services

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We cut cable years ago and jump between streaming services with live tv when needed. The last few years has been Hulu. we don’t watch much live tv except sports. Is there something better for sports (soccer) and SECN? What do you recommend?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
YouTube TV has all the channels except SEC2. And the user interface is good. We switched several months ago and have been very happy with it

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PSVue was the best I had used but it died in 2020.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another covid death?

Poor marketing from inception. It died before COVID. But the way they initially marketed it, many consumers believed you needed a playstation to use it.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Poor marketing from inception. It died before COVID. But the way they initially marketed it, many consumers believed you needed a playstation to use it.

Never heard of that service but that's what I assumed too.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One of the things that makes streaming infinitely more enjoyable is a TV that is set up for it. I have a couple LG tvs that work very well with YTTV. Besides the ability to run the app natively, the "magic remote" or whatever they call it has a cursor that moves around the screen like a computer mouse and lets you easily click on things you want to watch, change channels, etc. And it has a mic built in so you can use speech to text when you want to search for something. Its just as easy, in fact easier, than the way we used to navigate using regular cable.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
One of the things that makes streaming infinitely more enjoyable is a TV that is set up for it. I have a couple LG tvs that work very well with YTTV. Besides the ability to run the app natively, the "magic remote" or whatever they call it has a cursor that moves around the screen like a computer mouse and lets you easily click on things you want to watch, change channels, etc. And it has a mic built in so you can use speech to text when you want to search for something. Its just as easy, in fact easier, than the way we used to navigate using regular cable.
:racist:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The cheapest sports streaming is Sling TV Orange pkg with the Sports Extra. $35 plus $10 for Sports Extra. That gives you nearly all sports channels. I drop it during the summer and usually get a bonus when I restart.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
The cheapest sports streaming is Sling TV Orange pkg with the Sports Extra. $35 plus $10 for Sports Extra. That gives you nearly all sports channels. I drop it during the summer and usually get a bonus when I restart.

We tried it many years ago when it was new. There was a freeze/delay/lag in the broadcast. Do you have any issues?

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We tried it many years ago when it was new. There was a freeze/delay/lag in the broadcast. Do you have any issues?
None now, the 1st few month I believe most have lag problems. I had PS Vue 1st and it was worse, but they all get it straightened out. There was even a web site tracking PS Vue's outages.

Try their free trial and check it out.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why is this in the Lounge?

Looking at the thread maybe the Lounge is the best place. Only one person has mucked it up.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

PsVue was the best by far. Switched to Sling after its death and sling sucks so bad. Terrible lag and sports was basically impossible. I then switched to Fubo which specializes in live sports and I like it a lot so far. Not PS VUE good but close

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
HBO max is my favorite . The sopranos , the wire and game of thrones all available at the push of a button . The movies are solid too. Hadn’t seen black hawk down in 20 years almost and watched it last night . Laughed when I saw that Jaime Lannister was a delta sniper . Underrated war movie . Ridley Scott is great .

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I had youtubetv until the price went up too many times. It was good for live sports. Now I use free foreign web sites for live sports. Also Peacock, NBC Sports Gold. I have Amazon Prime but rarely use video. My Sony tv has Crackle, other tv has Roku. Lots of stuff on that I just don't have time to watch.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
HBO max is my favorite . The sopranos , the wire and game of thrones all available at the push of a button . The movies are solid too. Hadn’t seen black hawk down in 20 years almost and watched it last night . Laughed when I saw that Jaime Lannister was a delta sniper . Underrated war movie . Ridley Scott is great .

We have HBO Max and there’s a lot there. Started watching House of Sadaam, which is great. Also discovered Band of Brothers was on there one Sunday evening, and yada yada yada, I was really tired the next day.

Not sure why, but I hated YouTube TV.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Trying out Fubo and it’s very similar in features and price to Hulu. It’s all about $65/month for the services we want. The only viable option for internet service in our area is spectrum. They are trying to lure us back with a tempting deal to add tv for 21 months. I feel dirty even considering them again. :headslap:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
My tv had a notification this evening. XUMO was added, its a LOT of channels, looks like its free. Even has an on screen program guide. #212 is all Johnny Carson. Also added Haystack News, about nine channels of free news from what I can tell.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
YoutubeTV vs Sling.

Which service is better and why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members