Best win in 5 to 6 years

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent coaching job all round. I don't know what happened against South Carolina but the Oline has really come together starting with that game. TJ McCoy in the center of the line has solidified it. That guy can push up field.

And the 1-2 punch of Scarlet and Perine can be devastating.

Yes, turnovers had a little something to do with the outcome, but the defensive stand at the end was phenomenal and we've had many games where we have lost the turnover battle and got routed. So turnovers are just part of the game.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What a goal line stand, amazing. If we can take out FSU next weekend, my faith in Mac will be somewhat restored. And it would set us up to close strong in recruiting.

Great win today, Go Gators.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent coaching job all round.
Wow! Really? One TD and 100 yards of passing is excellent coaching. People actively cheering in the first half just happy we didnt get shutout and further embarassed?

I do love McCoy. Having these guys pushing each other forces them all to develop. Not sure who wins in the longterm but it helps having several competent options.

Fred seemed to have a decent day too.

Who is the weak link right now? An argument could be made for Sharpe.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I would've like to see a better performance, but ending a 3 games losing streak against the corn dogs along with at least 1 of their players shooting their mouths off how UF was scared to play them, it made this win sweet enough for me. Oh, and **** their AD.

The only good thing about LSU having this home game is they probably earned enough just to pay off Les Miles.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow! Really? One TD and 100 yards of passing is excellent coaching. People actively cheering in the first half just happy we didnt get shutout and further embarassed?

I do love McCoy. Having these guys pushing each other forces them all to develop. Not sure who wins in the longterm but it helps having several competent options.

Defensively I think they did a good job of changing things up in the second half. Basically went straight man and dared them to throw on us. Sometimes we got burned. And sometimes they lucked out like when Quincy slipped on coverage. That defensive stand at the end of the game was the best stand I've seen in a while.

Other than the pitch down in the red zone, I thought the decision to just pound it in the middle worked really well in the second half. It helped that McCoy was a monster. They also took shots down field; one being a playe action that turned into a 98 yard TD.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
TJ McCoy is bulldozing folks...he's a huge upgrade over Dillard or Jordan at C. Hopefully he'll stay there for the next few years or until we get someone better.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Someone needs to change the word to this song to...Damn it feels good to be a Gator!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Yes Sharpe is the guy. He is horrendous. I see your point about the stats, Law, but we did not turn the ball over, we executed better on the simple plays and were able to possess the ball better b/c of that. yes we need to score TD's and not FG's but when Butters is running toss plays from the 1 inch line what do you expect? Going max protection and 2 man route out of endzone was a good idea as opposed to going 5 wide there. We have to keep it very simple and do those simple plays well b/c our oline can't sell or stand up to a more sophisticated attack, which we did for a good part of the day. Heck they can't even sell or execute a screen pass to the back.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The way this played out, with the LSU AD being a little bi-ch and refusing to give up a home game and forcing us to agree to the away game so we could qualify for the SECCG, and some of the LSU players talking that "they afraid to play us" bs, this was quite the tasty win indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator