BHG upgrades

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really? Perhaps I’m out of touch here, but stadium improvements, while nice, are second to what the fans really want: dominant Gator football. Would anyone here really care about the state of BHG if we went undefeated and won a Natty?

This is my position as well.

First it was bad Wi-Fi that was deterring the students and other younger fans from attending so they enhanced it but the product still sucked.

Now it’s bleachers that are deterring older fans from attending so we’re going to enhance the seating without any concerns for the quality of the product.

Knowing that these changes will come with even larger price increases than we typically see the end result may not be much different.

My two sons canceled their season tickets a couple of years ago, not because of bad Wi-Fi nor because of bleacher seats. They let them go because the product did not justify the cost and the trouble to travel to the games. These are gator grads that attended games from the time they were preschoolers. Maybe Scottie should be asking himself how he can improve the product offering but I guess that is too simplistic.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great. So the Swamp on opening day is gonna look like a short sale in 2008 with visqueen and saw horses in random areas because we overran our budget and couldn’t finish.

Correct
Kinda like the stand alone football facility that dragged on for three presidential administrations.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Really? Perhaps I’m out of touch here, but stadium improvements, while nice, are second to what the fans really want: dominant Gator football. Would anyone here really care about the state of BHG if we went undefeated and won a Natty?
I'm uncomfortable watching this trash team at home, sitting in my recliner, in my ac, drinking heavily with my own private bathroom nearby and all the hot dogs and popcorn I can eat.

Fix the damned football team.

WTF difference will stadium chairbacks make?

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are right...they shouldn't even waste money painting the stadium, much less pouring hundreds of millions into it.
Fuch cleaning out the trash too, who cares what it looks like.
:lol:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I'm uncomfortable watching this trash team whole sitting in my recliner, in my account, drinking heavily with my own private bathroom nearby and all the hot dogs and popcorn I can eat.

Well, we must have seats that go with the designer jeans they are wearing.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I want those chair backs and arms to keep my fat away from others fat. Now saw horses and visqueen…. Y’all been talking to Urg’s mom?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm uncomfortable watching this trash team at home, sitting in my recliner, in my ac, drinking heavily with my own private bathroom nearby and all the hot dogs and popcorn I can eat.

You can’t do this on a bench seat.

1677103938512.gif

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
How does capacity affect dominant Gator football? I'm not saying decrease it to Mizzou levels, but the seating in BHG just plain sucks. It won't affect dominance one way or another.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How does capacity affect dominant Gator football? I'm not saying decrease it to Mizzou levels, but the seating in BHG just plain sucks. It won't affect dominance one way or another.

Please don’t mention Mizzou again. You know there’s nothing Stricklin and this administration would like better than seeing people picnicking on blankets in the end zones.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My point is simply that the improvements to BHG would not enhance the game day experience or put more butts in the seats nearly as much as a return to Spurrier or Meyer success.

Personally, I love the game day atmosphere and am blessed to have a generous friend who offers us a pair of tickets to any game we want to attend. We (Mrs G and I) never pass up an opportunity to go if the timing is good for us. And while we too want more W’s, we’ll keep going even if it’s more of the same, because we love hanging out with our friend and having a great weekend in Gainesville - which occasionally means beers with other Chatterers!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
My point is simply that the improvements to BHG would not enhance the game day experience or put more butts in the seats nearly as much as a return to Spurrier or Meyer success.

Personally, I love the game day atmosphere and am blessed to have a generous friend who offers us a pair of tickets to any game we want to attend. We (Mrs G and I) never pass up an opportunity to go if the timing is good for us. And while we too want more W’s, we’ll keep going even if it’s more of the same, because we love hanging out with our friend and having a great weekend in Gainesville - which occasionally means beers with other Chatterers!
Improvements to BHG would absolutely improve the game day experience. I'm more concerned with getting back to dominance though, so this really doesn't matter.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are right...they shouldn't even waste money painting the stadium, much less pouring hundreds of millions into it.
Fuch cleaning out the trash too, who cares what it looks like.
:lol:
I poured it to your mom last night. Unlike you though, I took out the trash on my way out this morning...:naughty:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I poured it to your mom last night. Unlike you though, I took out the trash on my way out this morning...:naughty:
If you took out the trash, that must have been t-gators house you were at :whistle:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Are we really b*tching about putting money into our football stadium? Really?!
Some of you m’fers are just flat out miserable bastards.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some of my best moments as a Gator have occurred at Florida Field. Some of my most uncomfortable moments as a spectator have also occurred there. The latter becomes more relevant the older and less tolerant I get.

Let's be honest. It's a relic underneath the layers of paint. It's time to make it a better spectator experience even if it's painfully obvious that the product on the field is what ultimately puts fannies in the cheap seats.

Not everyone who helps fill BHG is a diehard football fan. Thats esp true now that UF has positioned itself as an Ivy League wannabe. The UAA knows it has to broaden the appeal. A Gator message board is probably not the most reliable barometer of the importance of stadium creature comforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb