Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
How feasible is this? Are we looking at yet another over reach on his part that will get slapped down, or can he actually mess with BC?

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
They can try but I just don't see it happening....I find it funny though how the reason is "a matter of national security" but yet the dollar bill can be counterfeited, used to pay for drugs, credit cards are cyberhacked and frauded all the time, but yet crypto is a matter of national security hahaha....it's just an excuse because they know it's a threat to their system

Ted Cruz said it out loud the other day...politicians hate crypto because they can't control it. Each state can individually mine/create it so IMO if it's controlled at all, it will be by the governor. It's not the federal government's currency like the dollar is. It is a decentralized bypass the big bank type system.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've got some cash sitting in stable coin w/ Blockfi and they sent out emails saying they can no longer accept additional funds into these interest accounts. They have to go through some sort of "regulatory clarity".

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I've got some cash sitting in stable coin w/ Blockfi and they sent out emails saying they can no longer accept additional funds into these interest accounts. They have to go through some sort of "regulatory clarity".
Yep, same here. If BlockFi can’t do the interest on crypto anymore there’s no reason to have your money with them. Their ship will sink fast.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yep, same here. If BlockFi can’t do the interest on crypto anymore there’s no reason to have your money with them. Their ship will sink fast.

The money already in is still earning interest, but you can't add new money. Blockfi's been going through regulation issues in several states (mostly blue states like New Jersey). I think they'll come through this fine, just hope it doesn't take too long. I like the earnings on the stable coin (while I dabble in buying dips in crypto). I'm up to 32% of one BTC and have 2.11 ETH. I'd like to get a full BTC (I keep telling myself if it goes below $30k I'll buy enough to get 1 full BTC).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This is an issue I have been mentioning for a couple years now. Right now this is only to scare people to put their money back into banks since we are at the doorstep of a MAJOR liquidity crisis AND a stock market(and bond) meltdown....They are trying to tamp down the value of crypto's now the same way that the government is having Chase and Blackrock push down the price of precious metals.....if too many people flock to the safety of these assets at the same time there will be a MASSIVE crash in the banks with liquidity....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator