Bill Russell: THE Goat is gone

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Real basketball. 11 rings. Coached an NBA title. Amazing man. Not only gifted in basketball but brilliant in how he approached the game..............

Not a huge NBA guy, so there’s a LOT I don’t know, but the name Bill Russell is synonymous with legit GOAT conversations. What I didn’t know was that he coached at all, never mind coached a title. Just more proof of his legacy…

RIP, Mr Russell.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bill > Wilt. Easily. Wilt may have ****ed enough until his dick shriveled up, but Russell had more rings and success on the floor, yet Wilt gets more pub.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Not a huge NBA guy, so there’s a LOT I don’t know, but the name Bill Russell is synonymous with legit GOAT conversations. What I didn’t know was that he coached at all, never mind coached a title. Just more proof of his legacy…

RIP, Mr Russell.
Won State championships in HS, won NCAA in college, won gold in Olympics, 11 in NBA as a player, 2 as NBA head coach.. That is clearly the GOAT resume as a team leader. Amazing stuff

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Won State championships in HS, won TWO NCAA in college, won gold in Olympics, 11 in NBA as a player, 2 as NBA head coach.. That is clearly the GOAT resume as a team leader. Amazing stuff
fify and at a no name school. but I think our Golden guy coached there , San Fran

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Wilt was an absolute freak athlete. No other 7-footer moved like that in that era, and he was not skinny. Russell was a bit shorter and thinner, but studied Chamberlain intensely and beat him more often than not.

It’s that talent+tenacity+work that made him the GOAT in basketball (Jordan, Kareem, Magic?) and maybe professional sports (Brady. Gretzky, Aaron?) That’s a fun debate but he is definitely in it.

And I loved his persona. Thoughtful, resolute. Great laugh. He’s a pretty great athlete for a kid like me to have idolized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.