Bills S Damar Hamlin collapses on field after making tackle, gets AED and CPR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Discuss.
Watching the game, didn't get a great look, but reports are that it wasn't a big hit. Not really sure the cause. Anybody else see something I missed?

BTW, I don't recall ever seeing CPR administered on the field, though I do recall a story of a player who died on the field back in the 70s(?) maybe. Very sobering.

Edit: bspn needs to find a way to shift to other programming. Watching the studio be forced to fill airtime by talking about the situation - repeating themselves over and over because there's only so much you can say about it - is cringe worthy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He obviously wasn't breathing. Latest rumors are that he has a pulse but is not breathing on his own.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Watching the game, didn't get a great look, but reports are that it wasn't a big hit. Not really sure the cause. Anybody else see something I missed?

BTW, I don't recall ever seeing CPR administered on the field, though I do recall a story of a player who died on the field back in the 70s(?) maybe. Very sobering.

He got hit pretty good up high (chest/neck) but didn’t look unusual. Stood back up, and collapsed.

Apparently he has a pulse but isn’t breathing on his own. Not sure what that means for his outlook. This is scary

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My son and I were half assed watching this game and all of a sudden we noticed why is errbody looking so upset? Next thing we see there’s an ambulance on the field. It wasn’t till they went to studio that we realized they were giving him CPR. The hit looked pretty routine.

Gotta give props to Suzy Kolber in the studio; I know it’s hard to find the words, but she’s doing her damndest to keep it going on life TV. Very tough.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
That hit was innocuous. His head did not snap back, nor did he strike his helmet on the ground.
It wasn't even a standard hit at all.

Several years ago, a kid playing a hs football game (I think Niceville v. Choctaw) got sandwiched simultaneous hit and it burst an internal organ and he died in the hospital.

All the liberal pant wads at the other GC were screaming cancel the game when they were hauling him away in the ambulance.

I prefer to wait a little bit and see how its going with the young man. When the team went to the locker room, I knew then they weren't going to continue.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Exactly, or Hank Gathers from Loyala Marymount. It was like the off switch was hit. Praying for Hamlin, his family & teammates. I cannot imagine what they are all going through right now.
And Darryl Stingley & Ryan Shazier, although this looks scarier. God bless and heal him and comfort his family & friends.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
This Jordon Rooney guy better be right/know what he's talking about, and not just flapping gums without family permission

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
That hit was innocuous. His head did not snap back, nor did he strike his helmet on the ground.
I just saw a replay of it. The helmet went pretty hard into the chest. Maybe it hit it wrong and punctured a lung

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members