Warning: Political Takes Billy Heading Home? Nope, to coach Chicago Bulls

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WARNING: This thread will have political takes in it, due to what Donovan himself has thrust himself into lately. If you can't handle it, you may want to exit this thread from here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WARNING: This thread will have political takes in it, due to what Donovan himself has thrust himself into lately. If you can't handle it, you may want to exit this thread from here.

tumblr_mrcwtwfsM41sezoa7o1_500.gif

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
What you referring to? Must of missed this.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
That would be AWESOME.
But after his relative success in NBA, I don’t see why he’d return to college.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What you referring to? Must of missed this.
Thunder and Utah Jazz players knelt and locked arms while wearing Black Lives Matter T-shirts before tipoff of their game inside the NBA’s “bubble” isolation zone at Walt Disney World in Orlando. They were joined by almost all of both teams’ coaches and staff, including Thunder head coach Billy Donovan. Donovan took the unusual extra step of raising his middle finger at the flag while kneeling.

NBA Team Ignores Oklahoma Lawmaker’s Threat to Revoke Tax Breaks Over Kneeling for Anthem

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I wouldn’t have said anything political, but since you want it:

If he disagrees with BLM, I’ll welcome him with open arms.
If he agrees with BLM, he can go to hell.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That would be AWESOME.
But after his relative success in NBA, I don’t see why he’d return to college.

There are probably certain (ahem) elements of the NBA he’s sick of seeing. It seems like every night. He may pretend to be paying attention and engaged because it does affect his team. But deep down, he hates it.

And who can blame him? Jump balls suck. I much prefer the possession arrow as well.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I highly doubt he would retread at UF. His legacy is superb and why try to recapture the glory days. New adventures beckon.

Whatever he does will be great.

Coaches live, work, sweat and eat with m with their players. How could they not empathize with them? Channel it to positive results. Make it a win win win, set a positive example in the middle of the useless nonsense and downright dangerous thuggery afoot.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I highly doubt he would retread at UF. His legacy is superb and why try to recapture the glory days. New adventures beckon.

Whatever he does will be great.

Coaches live, work, sweat and eat with m with their players. How could they not empathize with them? Channel it to positive results. Make it a win win win, set a positive example in the middle of the useless nonsense and downright dangerous thuggery afoot.
Bet he takes a year off and waits for a duke or a celtics type job.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If he returns to college it will be to a blue blood. Duke, kansas, even kentucky.

But I think he stays in the pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator