Warning: Political Takes Billy Heading Home? Nope, to coach Chicago Bulls

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
K, Roy, and Boeheim are all nearing retirement. Donovan will take a year off and let this Covid **** pass and land a big gig.

Stricklin is too ****ing dumb to think of replacing Martha anyway.
Billy wont come back here, book it.

He's had enough of the Gators front office. it's bad enough having to compete with the other teams in the NCAA. Even worse to have to fight your own front office to do it.

He played in a fuchsing tent for nearly two decades. We cant be surprised that he has no interest in coming back.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Thunder and Utah Jazz players knelt and locked arms while wearing Black Lives Matter T-shirts before tipoff of their game inside the NBA’s “bubble” isolation zone at Walt Disney World in Orlando. They were joined by almost all of both teams’ coaches and staff, including Thunder head coach Billy Donovan. Donovan took the unusual extra step of raising his middle finger at the flag while kneeling.

NBA Team Ignores Oklahoma Lawmaker’s Threat to Revoke Tax Breaks Over Kneeling for Anthem

I read both links and didn’t see what you quoted. Is there video of this happening? I would lose major respect for Billy if he actually did this.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The "bird flip" was a little bit of creative license, but his kneeling was not. I personally lose respect for anyone who kneels for the flag.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You think these guys have a choice? Everybody's on the team is going to kneel. Except the white guy, the coach, is gonna remain standing. In that case he won't be standing for long.

Maybe Duke is a good landing spot after all. We'll see who kneels then.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You think these guys have a choice? Everybody's on the team is going to kneel. Except the white guy, the coach, is gonna remain standing. In that case he won't be standing for long.
Of course they have a choice. He could say, "I choose to stand for the flag." What are they going to do, fire him? Wouldn't that be an instant discrimination claim?

But I get it. The Golden Goose and all that.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Thunder and Utah Jazz players knelt and locked arms while wearing Black Lives Matter T-shirts before tipoff of their game inside the NBA’s “bubble” isolation zone at Walt Disney World in Orlando. They were joined by almost all of both teams’ coaches and staff, including Thunder head coach Billy Donovan. Donovan took the unusual extra step of raising his middle finger at the flag while kneeling.

NBA Team Ignores Oklahoma Lawmaker’s Threat to Revoke Tax Breaks Over Kneeling for Anthem
What Billy the Kid gave the finger to old glory? I find that hard to believe. If he did I am done with him.

Hey Billy what about the black women George Floyd and Jacob Blake abused and raped? And what about all those little black children murdered every year in Shyt cago by other blacks? Yes cops need to be better but they dont need defunding. Maybe being in the NBA snowflake league for 5 years ****ed with Billys head. Billy whwere did all your Mother Theresa catholic values go? Forget Billy I would rather have his mentor Rick Pitino or his son Richard at this point

Why dont black athlestes demand locked arms for murdered black kids who never had chance at life? Hmmm. Its complicated. Actually no its not. I guess I hope Donovan gets locked out of a job at this point. Huge NBA money i not avaiable in college anymore/

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
C'mon Plank. Billy didn't flip anybody off.
If you believe that, there's some really nice land being developed down in South Florida for really cheap you might be interested in. :lol:

It’s 2020. Nothing seems off limits or unbelievable anymore. I mean we do have a thread about Kirk Herbstreit crying like a baby on television. It seems relatively as likely as that, and in the sports world especially it seems like everyone has to prove their Wokeness. Honestly, I would not be surprised to hear something like that.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Of course they have a choice. He could say, "I choose to stand for the flag." What are they going to do, fire him? Wouldn't that be an instant discrimination claim?

But I get it. The Golden Goose and all that.
I saw that Popovich stood for the anthem. He declined to discuss his reasons and have to assume that his military service would be the reason. Obviously Pop has made his bones over the years speaking out against racism and social injustice. Plus his raging case of TDS is well known. I don't agree with his view of the world, and thought of him as a real a hole. But I do respect his "stand" for the flag. Disappointing, but not surprising that more coaches didn't follow his lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.