Warning: Political Takes Billy Heading Home? Nope, to coach Chicago Bulls

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I saw that Popovich stood for the anthem. He declined to discuss his reasons and have to assume that his military service would be the reason. Obviously Pop has made his bones over the years speaking out against racism and social injustice. Plus his raging case of TDS is well known. I don't agree with his view of the world, and thought of him as a real a hole. But I do respect his "stand" for the flag. Disappointing, but not surprising that more coaches didn't follow his lead.
But isn’t that in itself interesting? Popovich is is a well-known liberal, so he gets a pass on standing for the anthem and no one questions it. If he were a conservative, he’d be called a white supremacist.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If I had to kneel for the anthem, somebody would have to help me up. It probably wouldn't be OX.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
But isn’t that in itself interesting? Popovich is is a well-known liberal, so he gets a pass on standing for the anthem and no one questions it. If he were a conservative, he’d be called a white supremacist.
Definitely the leftist double standard here. A conservative and they question his reasons and criticize his answers. With Pop it is no answer, that is ok we know you are one of the good guys. Besides with those 5 rings in your pocket it would be tough for you to get up. :)

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It'll be tough coaching in Phil Jackson's shadow, but I hope he puts it all together.

And hopefully he can commute in and out of chicago via helo, because, well... its chicago. Worse, it's warzone chicago.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It'll be tough coaching in Phil Jackson's shadow, but I hope he puts it all together.

And hopefully he can commute in and out of chicago via helo, because, well... its chicago. Worse, it's warzone chicago.

Well Phil’s shadow has been gone for 22 years now

I love it...hate the NBA but growing up in IL during the Jordan era I loved it. Hope he can get them back on track

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That roster? Oof!
LaVine and Markkanen are the only two names I recognize, and that’s not saying much. There’s a reason Jimmy Butler wanted out.
Would have preferred he went to the Sixers.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Whoever the head coach of the Bulls is will not be living near any of the city limits. They will be living in the far northern suburbs of a place like Highland Park, Riverwoods, Northbrook, Winnetka, etc. etc. as that is where the Bulls large practiic facility is located.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess you're right. Nobody in birmingham talked about Bear Bryant in years.

They got nothing else in Alabama...and nobody really credits Jackson for those championships. Jordan’s shadow is the only thing still lingering

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why would he take such a shcit job?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That roster? Oof!
LaVine and Markkanen are the only two names I recognize, and that’s not saying much. There’s a reason Jimmy Butler wanted out.
I know you know Otto Porter Jr. and considering he’s their $27M player I’d say he’s somewhat known. I also recognize Denzel Valentine from MSU and Thaddeous Young from GT. But, you are right. Oof!

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Why would he take such a shcit job?

There aren't any NBA jobs available right now that are that great. Why not make millions at a place that won't expect him to succeed for a few years?

If it doesn't work out and he and the Bulls part ways, he can just move on to another NBA job. You have to be a seriously incompetent coach for NBA teams to stop taking a chance on you once you've been hired as a head coach.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he would have gone to Phily because they are set up for more success now with their players. At Chicago he can develop their young players because he is very good at doing that as seen by this year with the rift raft roster he had at OKC. Chicago has the #4 pick in a weak draft so they can possibly shop that around to land a big name depending on how much they want to spend. Billy D knows how to coach so he will be fine.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That roster? Oof!

I couldn't think of 1 dude on that roster. So I guess it makes sense for Billy who is very good a developing nobodies into good players. Look at OKC...Adams, Dort, etc? Those guys are at least decent now. But, he has his hands full for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.