Status
Not open for further replies.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In my opinion, we made the best hire of any team looking for a new HC. Riley and Kelly are looking like absolute cowards with how they left their programs and seemingly burned major bridges in the process. Any recruit would be foolish to trust either of those guys. A lot can be said about the type of character of a coach that seemingly has questionable loyalty to a program (Riley) or will lie to recruits and players about their intentions (Kelly). By all accounts, Napier handled his exit very professionally and players and coaches seem to respect and love the guy. He clearly has more integrity than either of those two clowns. Nothing is a sure thing in College Football, but I have a great feeling about him. I think he will put together a tremendous staff and surprise a lot of naysayers.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
@MiaOBrienTV: I have no dog in any of these fights but, worth noting: … multiple sources confirmed to me last week that Brian Kelly’s people called the #Gators

Dodged a bullet with this dork. I figured Stricklin would of ejaculated all over himself at the thought of landing someone as straight laced as Kelly. Him picking sling blade over him actually makes me think a little better of him. Napier should have a much easier time in the state of Louisiana now on the recruiting trail.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Worst coach hire in our lifetime. Not even close. I’m not a Mullen supporter(was at the start) but he came in with Frank’s and won 10 games. Numb nuts has AR, BUT HE WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN 4. I’ll take any bets on this idiotic hire. How can anyone support this trash.

Doesn’t this belong in the “What’s next for Mullen” thread? Clearly trolling GC is the answer..:lol3:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see how all this turns out. I did not actually think Kelly would leave ND. But the sheer fact he was looking and possibly reached out to UF?? WOW. I would have not thought it or would have wanted him. Never really liked him. He's solid but he's leaving the confines of the South Bend and hopping into the SEC MEATGRINDER. Welcome Kelly we'll see ya at the SWAMP. As for Riley, you can call it what you want. BUT, the perception is he didn't want any part of the SEC. We'll see. As for UF, we need a rebuilder at this point. I am just really glad that Mulletham is gone. Christmas come early. Now lets see if Napier can get the stinch out asap.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I'm with ya, buddy. My wife told me that story today and I almost threw her down the stairs too. She knows I'll do it, just ask her about that painful flight down to the first floor the last time she refused the trip to Planned Parenthood.

Anyway, she convinced me that Emory Jones is having almost as good a season as Matt Corrall. I had to restrain myself, but you can bet I made her show me the stats to prove it. Sure enough, it's true, Emory's feet are the equalizer.
How many Int does Corrall have, particularly in the red zone?

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
We'll see how all this turns out. I did not actually think Kelly would leave ND. But the sheer fact he was looking and possibly reached out to UF?? WOW. I would have not thought it or would have wanted him. Never really liked him...
Kelly called the best looking girl available for the prom and was rejected (voicemail, no callback?)—so he settles for the girl who can do things with her one good hand that makes you forget about that thing on her neck and the smell of corn dogs.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of George O'Leary...here's a deep dive for you mofos...word is that O'Leary's fellow New Hampshirer Dan Mullen is being pursued for the head coaching vacancy at NYU-Stony Brook University! ;)
Tall order to keep up with the recruiting grinder up there. Of course, the Poconos are pretty close…

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not that it matters, but I'm not completely sold on Napier. I like that he's the almost exact opposite of Mullen, but I'm concerned about the potential return of a McNusselchump style of football. However, if we win then I won't mind as much.

What I am confident in is that I'd much rather have Billy Napier than Brian Kelley. I think us and USC having hired our coaches really intensified the pressure, and LSU clearly didn't want to prolong the coaching search and compete with OU. Hopefully, one day we'll find out how many coaches actually turned them down.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not that it matters, but I'm not completely sold on Napier. I like that he's the almost exact opposite of Mullen, but I'm concerned about the potential return of a McNusselchump style of football. However, if we win then I won't mind as much.

What I am confident in is that I'd much rather have Billy Napier than Brian Kelley. I think us and USC having hired our coaches really intensified the pressure, and LSU clearly didn't want to prolong the coaching search and compete with OU. Hopefully, one day we'll find out how many coaches actually turned them down.
Yeah, count me in there with you. We'll get a passing game that will consist of side ways throws and LOTS of screen passes any SEC DC will be able to counter with ease with an overall defense dominated by LOTS and LOTS of off tackle counters. I guess we'll get a first glimpse of that at the O&B game watching AR15 wear out his arm handing off the ball with Wally Korn et al doing high fives over AR15's style of hand off.....[sigh]

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see how all this turns out. I did not actually think Kelly would leave ND. But the sheer fact he was looking and possibly reached out to UF?? WOW. I would have not thought it or would have wanted him. Never really liked him. He's solid but he's leaving the confines of the South Bend and hopping into the SEC MEATGRINDER. Welcome Kelly we'll see ya at the SWAMP. As for Riley, you can call it what you want. BUT, the perception is he didn't want any part of the SEC. We'll see. As for UF, we need a rebuilder at this point. I am just really glad that Mulletham is gone. Christmas come early. Now lets see if Napier can get the stinch out asap.

The move to the SEC is actually something I give Kelly credit for... you feel like you are one of the best in your profession, try to compete against the best. Riley who I think is a better coach left Oklahoma a future SEC school and turned down LSU obviously an SEC school, for a conference with less competition. Where like the Big 12 he will have by far one of the most talented teams. At least Kelly is taking his shot against SEC schools, to see where he and his system is.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, count me in there with you. We'll get a passing game that will consist of side ways throws and LOTS of screen passes any SEC DC will be able to counter with ease with an overall defense dominated by LOTS and LOTS of off tackle counters. I guess we'll get a first glimpse of that at the O&B game watching AR15 wear out his arm handing off the ball with Wally Korn et al doing high fives over AR15's style of hand off.....[sigh]
No doubt. I'm thinking a 98/2 running-to-passing ratio, basically what the 1956 Chicago Cardinals were running. Lot of rumors already swirling that Napier doesn't even like facemasks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Then you'll have to scalp me too, because I feel the same way: See my post (#2152 on page 108). If we get another Muschamp, I swear to Christ that I will slit my god-damned wrists.
Perhaps some of you guys should wait until Napier actually hires his staff before you have his entire UF career mapped out. Hell, maybe even wait until he sets foot in the state of Florida before you crucify him.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Perhaps some of you guys should wait until Napier actually hires his staff before you have his entire UF career mapped out. Hell, maybe even wait until he sets foot in the state of Florida before you crucify him.

THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator