Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
About 18 years ago (not positive on the timeline) my stepdaughter planned her wedding for Fla-Tenn Saturday and I had the game on the radio in the Pastors office at the church and would sneak in there to check scores. Everybody looked at me sideways but the bad part was we lost that game.
My daughter did that...Mizzou
My step-son pulled an LSU -UF
And my granddaughter was born on an SEC Championship Game.

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
About 18 years ago (not positive on the timeline) my stepdaughter planned her wedding for Fla-Tenn Saturday and I had the game on the radio in the Pastors office at the church and would sneak in there to check scores. Everybody looked at me sideways but the bad part was we lost that game.

Amateurs.

Try your brother's wife's funeral (the reception, not the service. I'm not an animal),

McElstain's win over the pups 2015.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Am I allowed to hit the "funny" emoji?

I'm new to these public shamings.

I would, however like to speak to the survivors of Ox's Internment Camp, if there are any. I feel like I may be "visiting" sooner than later.
shame-gameofthrones.gif

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, moving on. No wonder Knox has been kissing ass, he didn't want me to dig this one up.
I’ll own it. Love what I see so far. I still wish we had a more pass heavy offense.

At some point I should also think about changing my username. I moved to Nashville a year ago :)

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Amateurs.

Try your brother's wife's funeral (the reception, not the service. I'm not an animal),

McElstain's win over the pups 2015.

My brother got married in Vegas the day of UK-UF 2017, the game where we kept calling the Kentucky not covering the receiver play as Swamp Gas would refer to it as.

I openly watched the game on my phone from the service (kicked off right after), to the restaurant for the reception, to the airport (flying home that night), through security, to the gate, back to security because my grandfather left his bag and back to the gate to watch LDR call that tremendous play to Swain for the win.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
For a multitude of reasons, I feel confident Billy Napier will be named the next coach within the next 72 hours. There has already been much hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth over this hire, so I figured we could start a new thread about it. That way we can revisit it in a few years and see who was right and who was wrong.

This thread is only about Billy Napier, not any other coach. I would highly suggest you do what I did and start reading about Napier - you might find out it's a better choice than you first thought. Everyone wants a "splash" hire, but what I personally wanted was someone who could tear down and build the program back up from the bottom, and someone who would work relentlessly to get it done.

By all accounts, Napier is a football lunatic in all facets, including recruiting. He's obsessed with football. You aren't going to hear about him going on any vacations. He may have also pulled UF into the 21st century by expanding the staff by leaps and bounds, something I'm sure he's insisted on.

What the results on the field are remain to be seen, but I think we found a guy that's going to do something we've been insisting on: raze it and build it up the right way.

So, we've already got upset people making fun of his dialect, his looks, his wife and kids, whatever. Go for it - do what you do. I'm going to give him a chance.

Discuss.
This may well be a Hall of Fame post.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There is also a monster "coaching candidates" thread in which Billy is destroyed even harder than what we've seen in this one. That comes next. Then I'll revisit the recruiting thread.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
My sister got married during the Choak at Doak game. It was a short reception and we hurried back to my mom's house thinking we were owning the Criminoles. Walked in just in time to see them tie the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.