Bits & Pieces: *Cotton Bowl* Florida vs. Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by cover2, Dec 31, 2020.

1. GatorInGeorgia

GatorInGeorgia Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,798
    Ratings:
    +4,852 / -375
    I’ve seen some of his Antifa videos; funny stuff.

• CGgater

CGgater Gainesville Native
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $8,383
      Ratings:
      +11,435 / -184
      This is what really surprises and infuriates me. Making excuses by itself is embarrassing enough, but the ones he gives are complete bs. With reduced crowd capacity, he has NO ROOM to complain about "home field advantage" for atm or ou. That's insanely stupid to mention at a press conference.

And I say "surprises" because I would expect him to know better because he's seen what it takes to win championships... and accountability is one. His tendency to deflect is a big red flag.

• lizardbreath

lizardbreath Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
        $3,598
        Ratings:
        +4,348 / -159
        Excellent post. Agree on all points.

• lizardbreath

lizardbreath Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
          $3,598
          Ratings:
          +4,348 / -159
          I must admit, even with all the warning signs that have been accumulating since long before this season, that I allowed the UGA win to revive a level of hope and confidence in DM that simply wasn't justified. I held out hope, until the LSU debacle at least, that DM could still possibly be the guy. Mea culpa. I was the victim of my own "magical thinking" and it is my own damn fault that I chose to buy into that bullschytt in the first place. I was frankly relieved a bit that we seemed to be at least marginally competitive in the SECCG - which serves to demonstrate just how far we have fallen as a program and just how low my current expectations truly are. But facts are facts and there is no ignoring the reality that DM is not up to the task of leading UF to greatness - and almost certainly never will be.

He can fire Grantham, English, Hevesy, etc., etc., and he will still be the same arrogant, over-matched, clearly incompetent excuse-maker that he has shown himself to be on numerous occasions. His recruiting will still be second-rate at best and he will continue to rely on a gimmick offense that will be virtually unwatchable next year with EJ at the helm. I didn't like the hire in the first place and said so in no uncertain terms. But I decided to give the guy a chance and to support my Gators, for better or worse. I still love the Gators. They've been my team since I was a kid and I'm too old and too loyal to switch horses now. But the probationary period is over and Dan Mullen has failed. We can't move on soon enough to suit me. End of rant.

• Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $12,724
            Ratings:
            +24,768 / -475
            :exactly:

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey That's the sound your mother made last night
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $64,129
              Ratings:
              +96,551 / -6,656
              :lmao2:

No, this is the same dorky moron he has ALWAYS been. His resume says three or four stupid losses per season, dumb press conferences, garbage staff, and still losing to Burp Bielena, Matt Luke, or South Alabama in year six.

No Florida didnt break him.

He was leftover heap garbage when we hired him.

• Like Like x 3
              • Drunk Drunk x 1
              • List
              • Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $3,976
                Ratings:
                +4,789 / -78
                Belated like. If only the Gators had played the way you write this thread! Top Notch and Spot On!

• gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $4,997
                  Ratings:
                  +5,871 / -1,147
                  It reminds me of Muschump after his worthless azz wasn't fired post 2013. Everyone knew his weaknesses and everyone knew he would never make the changes needed to be successful. The 2014 season was an utter waste--an exercise in delaying the inevitable.

Next year is already shaping up to be similar.

• Like Like x 5
                  • Dislike Dislike x 1
                  • List
                  • StPeteGator

Oxbucks:
                    $63
                    Ratings:
                    +96 / -43
                    You articulated everything that was going through my mind while I was watching the game, except the parts where you knew what you were talking about, which was obviously the entire piece .

I went from Dan Mullen supporter to Dan Mullen doubter in that one game. Three losses to end the season isn’t what winning looks like. LSU was telling. But then the SECCG happened. If the Gators had the ball for another 90 seconds in that game they would’ve probably won, the way that game was going. I wonder if that would’ve been worse for the program, if it meant suffering a 1995 Nebraska style beatdown in front of the entire College Football country. And seeing what transpired in the Cotton Bowl, it’s hard to imagine a different outcome.

#109 StPeteGator, Jan 29, 2021
                    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
                    • Homer J

Homer J Senior Member
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $1,690
                      Ratings:
                      +2,334 / -206
                      Am I the only Gator fan that is still on the Mullen bandwagon?

Of the 3 game slide to end the season, the only one that hurt was the LSU loss.

Before the LSU game, I really thought we could beat Bama and we played the best game against them that anyone had seen all year. Losing to them hurt but it was expected by everyone outside of the Gator Nation.

As for the Cotton Bowl, no realistic Gator fan thought we would win that. But, we also didn't think we would get blown out. I wish Trask would have opted out but he wanted to play his last game in front of his family and friends. No team can win with what we were up against. Even in the best of years, we played 8 games in 8 straight weeks. When CDM gave the team the week off over Christmas (which I thought was a good thing), I knew there was no chance of a win. 3 practices before a bowl game against the Big 12 Champions is not enough. The bad thing is we made Oklahoma the preseason favorite for the playoffs. All they did was play against our backups but most sports writers won't acknowledge that.

• Drunk Drunk x 2
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • List
                      • rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $14,154
                        Ratings:
                        +22,442 / -380
                        Cotton Bowl = no lessons learned, - not by players, certainly not by HC/DC. As for our brand = branded quitters ... esp UF's HC.

2021-22 >>> only can hope EJ runs, scrambles, & passes well. Then gotta have Lingard break out ... along with other ground gamers to get those 45 points Grantham insists on.