Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Alabama

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He had a bad game against the corn dogs. 3 turnovers with one being a pick 6. Two were awful passing decisions and the fumble was just careless.
Do you disagree? I thought he stunk it up compared to the remainder of the season.
It's the second most yards in a game in Gator football history. You have a pretty stringent criteria for what makes a bad game. Not his best but still record setting may be a more accurate description.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's the second most yards in a game in Gator football history. You have a pretty stringent criteria for what makes a bad game. Not his best but still record setting may be a more accurate description.
It’s unfortunate that our D sucks so bad that Trask couldn’t afford to have a bad game and beat anyone, but that’s the reality of our 2020 version of the Gators.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It’s unfortunate that our D sucks so bad that Trask couldn’t afford to have a bad game and beat anyone, but that’s the reality of our 2020 version of the Gators.
And this is really what it comes down to, and why I'm probably a little sensitive about Trask criticism. Trask had very few turnovers when you look at all his pass attempts but the defense was so awful he had to be damn-near perfect for us to beat people; all his turnovers were magnified as a result.

Trask had a crucial fumble at the end of that Bama game, a killer. Can I really sit back and blame him for the loss? Hell no. He exceeded his expectations 100 fold, but he can't do it by himself. It wasn't just the defense - the guy didn't even have a running game to help him out.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
And this is really what it comes down to, and why I'm probably a little sensitive about Trask criticism. Trask had very few turnovers when you look at all his pass attempts but the defense was so awful he had to be damn-near perfect for us to beat people; all his turnovers were magnified as a result.

Trask had a crucial fumble at the end of that Bama game, a killer. Can I really sit back and blame him for the loss? Hell no. He exceeded his expectations 100 fold, but he can't do it by himself. It wasn't just the defense - the guy didn't even have a running game to help him out.

This is why I believe that he deserves the Heisman. No running game and Delance on his right side and he still put up the numbers. Best QB this year, hands down!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Sad state of affairs. No one player should ever have that large of a burden on any football team. I just wish Mullen could see it and fire that fuchsing Dwag!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Geez, maybe we should have taken him out back behind the Swamp and just shot him. :rolleyes3:

He also threw for 474 yards and accounted for 4 TD's. You left that out of your hateful post. What's next, you going to call him "Trash"?
Regardless of stats, when did 3 losses become good for a person's chances to win the Heisman?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of stats, when did 3 losses become good for a person's chances to win the Heisman?
Who here said it was "good"? The point is, plenty of people have won the Heisman that weren't on title teams. Tebow himself won it when UF had 3 losses.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Who here said it was "good"? The point is, plenty of people have won the Heisman that weren't on title teams. Tebow himself won it when UF had 3 losses.
Folks want to make the claim that Trask didn't have a bad game. Last time I checked, any loss regardless of stats, was a bad game. No?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb