Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Auburn

Deathroll

Dec 28, 2014
For those that have some experience coaching. Trask seems to have all the tools to be elite except he has almost zero pocket presence. Is this something that can be taught/learned at this point in his career? Or, are we just going to have to accept that deficiency and enjoy the positive attributes?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
For those that have some experience coaching. Trask seems to have all the tools to be elite except he has almost zero pocket presence. Is this something that can be taught/learned at this point in his career? Or, are we just going to have to accept that deficiency and enjoy the positive attributes?

I think he has pocket “presence”...awareness?...not so much....I’m sure Mullen will be working on it...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
IF any def. line is gonna test his pocker presence/awareness/internal clock it was gonna be war buzzards........I look for improvement.
Teachable moments ( my bread and butter for decades)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he has pocket “presence”...awareness?...not so much....I’m sure Mullen will be working on it...
He has worn a no contact jersey for 7 years. It is going to take a while.

No sweat. He is doing incredibly well considering.

Last edited:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I know it's early, but Trask has had a nice little stretch of pinpoint passing with a very fast release. Maybe he's a little too confident that he can zip out for a big gain at the last second and is waiting a click longer. It's more likely what coach said, barn is about as tough of a challenge as the young man's going to face.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think you and law sum it up fairly well. I'll also add that it looks like a player still auditioning or trying to make that great play to earn the nod, which makes sense considering he's spent his entire college(and HS) career trying to prove he belongs out there. It's almost as if he feels a negative play like a sack reinforces the argument that he shouldn't. That's where Mullen has to convey to him that this is his team, he's the starter and every play doesn't have to be exactly the way it was drawn up. Sometimes, you may have to just safely exit the pocket and throw it away, or even concede and protect the football. If he does that, we likely put another 6-10 points on the board, and don't give them 3 of their own. But it looked to me like the Hammond TD was a 3rd or 4th option, so he's doing really well going through the progression and making plays. He just has to recognize that he may not always have that amount of time.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think his internal clock is fine. It was an obvious improvement in this regard compared to Franks. That DL he was playing against didn't give him as much time as previous teams thus far. Maybe it is more Auburn was disguising their attack a bit more and had him confused. There was a definite difference between the first drive and all the ones after ... and some credit needs to be given to the AU D in general (their secondary had a great game after that first drive).

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
well you old fckkkk. He was my hero for many years...........78 can tell you stories about him cause he worked with him........Tom was a great writer and A GATOR...........The Morning After. With my two fresh scrambled eggs,toast with guava jelly and half of grapefruit these thoughts:
Nice breakfast, when's dinner?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Wow, you make a lot of really dumb comments but, this one might be your dumbest. Stars matter everywhere on the team. Do you think Bama and Georgia have good OL play by having upper class-men or the best recruits and great OL coaches? Does our current OL play look any better than it did under Summers or Davis? from my perspective, no...
The fact that you think the donkey's comments on the OL are among the dumbest he's ever made, is probably a reflection of your relatively brief history on the board. I say that with all due respect for both parties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb