Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Florida State

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Van Jefferson is really everything you could ask for in a receiver. He runs nearly perfect routes. If you watch the first drive on 3rd and 10
I think it was. KT sees man to the boundary, and knows he is going to Van on the slant. A perfect route and a good ball moves the sticks.
We're gonna miss him and Freddie a lot next season. I do like the guys we have coming back , but the route running of Van and the sure hands he and Freddie both have will be greatly missed. I was happy to see Tyree make a couple of plays in the passing game too. His value as a gunner on the punt team will also be missed. I was hoping he would score on that last tunnel , but it was blown up unfortunately. It was a great send off for our senior pass catchers. On defense I thought that was as good as Miller has played in his career. Hopefully he can spring that into a great season. We'll need some leadership at linebacker with the departure of Reese. Jon was his usual self. Such a shame we only get one year from the young man. I like him a lot.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love seeing how much our receivers are running, after the catch. That pass to Van was something that we have not seen in a while.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you Cover 2 for a wonderful "breakfast with the Gators" year.
^^ X1000 I don't always have a comment to add because C2 does such a great job at breaking the games down, but I always enjoy my Sunday morning coffee while reading his post game analysis. His, Truth and Sas are 3 posts I look forward to every Sunday.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Have enjoyed Cover's analysis all season. Thanks for your effort.

I have not seen anyone mention that it appears Grimes scored a TD on the targeting play. It certainly appeared that he swung the ball across the goal line inside the pylon before hitting the ground. Anyone who watched the replay care to comment? I think all the attention on the yes/no to the targeting call overshadowed what should have been a score.

I also wondered if anyone saw Haggins actually say a single word to anyone during the course of the game? Every time the camera showed him on the sideline he was completely silent. No comments to assistants around him, no conversation with anyone on the headset. He may be the quietest coach I've ever seen during a game.

Spending 30 years immersed in the FSU culture does not mean he's remotely qualified to be in charge. He is a career assistant who has been good enough to keep his job as an assistant. That being said I believe he would be a great choice as their next head coach!!!

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Toney moves like a good cutting horse
Seems like KT would be a good fit as a punt returner. I wonder if his hands aren't reliable enough?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

I have not seen anyone mention that it appears Grimes scored a TD on the targeting play. It certainly appeared that he swung the ball across the goal line inside the pylon before hitting the ground. Anyone who watched the replay care to comment? I think all the attention on the yes/no to the targeting call overshadowed what should have been a score.
I initially thought this as well, but I was able to look at several times on the DVR. It appears his right foot touched out of bounds prior to swinging the ball over the goal line.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Seems like KT would be a good fit as a punt returner. I wonder if his hands aren't reliable enough?
He had problems catching the ball in the past, I don’t know if he has overcome it. He did field at least one on Sat

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

I also wondered if anyone saw Haggins actually say a single word to anyone during the course of the game? Every time the camera showed him on the sideline he was completely silent. No comments to assistants around him, no conversation with anyone on the headset. He may be the quietest coach I've ever seen during a game.

Spending 30 years immersed in the FSU culture does not mean he's remotely qualified to be in charge. He is a career assistant who has been good enough to keep his job as an assistant. That being said I believe he would be a great choice as their next head coach!!!
I agree that Taggart mostly kept to himself, but I don't think that I dreamed it. Somebody watch the full replay and tell me I didn't dream it. Briles got into it with someone and Taggart turned his back to the field and walked over to straighten it out.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Good summary again C2. As someone posted earlier, It was great game to watch. A nice beat down with very little drama. We got a break (no pun intended) when the Semi safety Nasirildeen went down. He was in a zone and seemed to make every tackle. Got tired of knucklehead Rodgers and his sidekick wetting their pants over Haggens. I hear he is good guy, and you have to admire his loyalty to the school. But imo he has no shot of getting the HC job.
Two years in a row, and good start to a long term winning streak over the clown school .

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I agree that Taggart mostly kept to himself, but I don't think that I dreamed it. Somebody watch the full replay and tell me I didn't dream it. Briles got into it with someone and Taggart turned his back to the field and walked over to straighten it out.

I know you meant Haggins and not Taggart. It looked like the dispute was with a photographer who I would assume got too close to the action....maybe. Guy was carrying a big camera.

Also thought the interaction between Briles and Blackman was interesting late in the game. Briles unloaded on him for some misplay and Blackman went to the bench with a hound-dog look. Briles was shown later walking over to do the old "I didn't mean to yell at you" conversation.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I know you meant Haggins and not Taggart. It looked like the dispute was with a photographer who I would assume got too close to the action....maybe. Guy was carrying a big camera.

Also thought the interaction between Briles and Blackman was interesting late in the game. Briles unloaded on him for some misplay and Blackman went to the bench with a hound-dog look. Briles was shown later walking over to do the old "I didn't mean to yell at you" conversation.
Thanks. And, yes, I meant Hahgins. Arguing with a photographer is not as serious as a staff dispute. Couldn't understand why no one else saw it. Thanks, again.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I saw the interaction too. You left out the part about “Hound dog look “ b!tching to multiple teammates before Briles came over to rub his back and tell him everything was going to be okay.
No team I ever seen turns on each other faster than FSU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.