Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Georgia

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WHat is more important in the next regime...........ties to UF? GReat recruiters? Good fundamental coaching? No dental or body defects to illicit insults.........the ability to never use "and yet".............or all of the above?
The last one was the most important too and we went straight for the fat girl innthe corner of the dance room.

I have no faith but I do have hope. Stricklin certainly moved quickly so that is an improvement over Foley who did not want to fire Zook and who would not fire Mus Chimp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you gonna live through this..............
Me? Why?

I'm not shocked in the slightest. I predicted in Oh for October last summer, a nuclear hot seat and getting fired right after FSU game. He moved up the schedule a little with some of his stupidity, but his seat would have been nuclear because of the Michigan and Georgia blowouts regardless.

Same offense weak defense. Wasn't hard to read these tea leaves. At the point that he refused to fire Nuss and Nord, Butters future was determined.

You might say that it was over when he botched the first two recruiting classes.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Cause I know a third strike call on a coaching hire might be fatal............and you are vital to the health of this forum.........

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Vital? Oh Lord.... it is just the internet. There isnt anything vital on an internet sports forum.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
When you're playing in a neutral stadium and you assume noise is not a huge issue and you have half a dozen fault starts by the offensive line ......is that a coaching issue or a player issue?
It's clearly seems to be a focus issue but it seems like those would be those are the small details that when added together make the difference between winning and losing.
I don't see really good teams making multiple mistakes of that kind. I would have more patience with holding or pass interference penalties than silly mental mistakes.
In retrospect our guys seemed completely unprepared at the beginning of the game and that's a major reason we fell behind 21 to nothing. I'm guessing the lunchtime speech about the future of the coaching staff didn't help our guys get ready to play a big game.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Is that a joke? People who piss and moan on message boards are a dime a dozen... as am I (so I’m not just taking a cheap shot at law donkey).
But none do it so eloquently .......He is one of us whether you want him to be or not............

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Forgot to mention a positive from this year's game...Timmy and Lito Sheppard inducted into the FL/GA Hall of Fame. Congrats to two great Gators!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
But none do it so eloquently .......He is one of us whether you want him to be or not............

Eloquent? Disagree. He’s an enigma wrapped in a conundrum. He can be very entertaining one moment and annoyingly over-the-top dumper 5 minutes later. But yeah, he’s one of ours. We put the “fun” in “dysfunctional family.”

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Normally after a game like yesterday I’d be miserable today. Instead, I feel great. Like a weight has been lifted. It’s like it’s Christmas Eve and we get a fantastic present tomorrow when they officially announce that Mcelwain has been fired. I can’t wait.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cause I know a third strike call on a coaching hire might be fatal............and you are vital to the health of this forum.........

Vital? Oh Lord.... it is just the internet. There isnt anything vital on an internet sports forum.
I think Coach meant to say you were "Crucial".........,,,to the board, that is ;)

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
One more question about yesterday's game itself....... did it not appear that Cleveland and Toney were both a bit gimpy? I know they weren't on camera much because they didn't catch but a couple of passes but every time they showed Cleveland even walking back to the huddle it seems he was limping. Seems like they might have been in the lineup but not really fully functional.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One more question about yesterday's game itself....... did it not appear that Cleveland and Toney were both a bit gimpy? I know they weren't on camera much because they didn't catch but a couple of passes but every time they showed Cleveland even walking back to the huddle it seems he was limping. Seems like they might have been in the lineup but not really fully functional.

Didn't notice so much with Toney, but Cleveland definitely was still limping out there.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Didn't notice so much with Toney, but Cleveland definitely was still limping out there.
What Nav said. Maybe they were more decoys than functional parts of the passing offense? Who could know for sure with the weekly "nothing to see hear; move along" offensive plan? Sadly, we didn't have a great display of hands from the receiving corps yesterday among the few passes thrown and those that were on target. In quick retrospect, I have to keep wondering just what the heck we did in practice these last 2-1/2 seasons under McElwain's "leadership?" The answer has to be "not enough." Good riddance.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
In quick retrospect, I have to keep wondering just what the heck we did in practice these last 2-1/2 seasons under McElwain's "leadership?" The answer has to be "not enough." Good riddance.

So, based on what you have seen the last couple of games would you say that Franks has shown any/much/significant improvement since the beginning of the season? The "inexperienced" argument loses credibility when you realize Georgia is playing a TRUE freshman who looks poised and competent.

I am not ready to toss him to the curb yet because of having seen the improvement in Jarod Goff from one season to the next with a new coaching staff for the Rams. That said, I'd be ok with Zaire finishing the season just to try to score some points and win some games.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So, based on what you have seen the last couple of games would you say that Franks has shown any/much/significant improvement since the beginning of the season? The "inexperienced" argument loses credibility when you realize Georgia is playing a TRUE freshman who looks poised and competent.

I am not ready to toss him to the curb yet because of having seen the improvement in Jarod Goff from one season to the next with a new coaching staff for the Rams. That said, I'd be ok with Zaire finishing the season just to try to score some points and win some games.

Honestly this team looks unpracticed and not coached. I have seen regression with Franks.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly this team looks unpracticed and not coached. I have seen regression with Franks.

^^This! The whole team looks unprepared. Terrible fundamentals. No discipline. Lot of jaw jacking on twitter with no leg to stand on. I'm not sure our coaches do anything other than Bell, Seider and Davis' recruiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.