Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Georgia

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yes, both Stewart and Edwards were suspended. The UAA/Mullen won't confirm they were suspended...but neither played a down.

I'm not sure how much better we would have played, but I can guarantee you McWilliams wouldn't have played as much...and likely would have been benched at some point.

It's gotta be weed. No other explanation. Selfish players. This "team" won't be a "team" until they get this sh*t settled. And that's a "players" issue.

Did Slaton play?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
* Turn overs led to 17 points for Ga.

The turnovers actually led to 10 points. But the fumble and INT probably cost us at least a field goal, and possibly two TD's. The fumble certainly cost us early momentum (as that play was a first down at the 50).

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
The turnovers actually led to 10 points. But the fumble and INT probably cost us at least a field goal, and possibly two TD's. The fumble certainly cost us early momentum (as that play was a first down at the 50).
Yep, also the loss of Henderson must have put a damper on our ability to blitz and their QB outplayed our QB. There's a lot to build on , we just need to recruit well to add depth. Next year we'll be fully in Mullen's system and that will help. We're not that far off from winning the East, Alabama will take some time.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What’s been up with him? Injury? Suspended?

Mullen was asked last week and he gave a coach-speak answering about "how you practice". I'm curious if he's going to redshirt (I'm not sure if he's played more than 4 games, but he hasn't seen the field for at least the last 3).

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Mullen was asked last week and he gave a coach-speak answering about "how you practice". I'm curious if he's going to redshirt (I'm not sure if he's played more than 4 games, but he hasn't seen the field for at least the last 3).

Somewhat disappointing, thought he’d have a breakout year.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Yes, both Stewart and Edwards were suspended. The UAA/Mullen won't confirm they were suspended...but neither played a down.

I'm not sure how much better we would have played, but I can guarantee you McWilliams wouldn't have played as much...and likely would have been benched at some point.

It's gotta be weed. No other explanation. Selfish players. This "team" won't be a "team" until they get this sh*t settled. And that's a "players" issue.

What I heard is that Stewart was caught disabling the fire-alarm/smoke-alarm in his room. Now, read into that what you will as to why he would feel the need to do that.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am not upset about this loss.

We are still way ahead of schedule.

The team could have played better and we definitely showed we could win if we do play better. The biggest take away for me was that Mullen had a game plan that would have succeeded.

Franks didn't play to the same level as he had during the year and losing Henderson completely took away the defensive game plan. Franks wasn't the only issue.. Scarlett's fumble when we are driving was horrible and Stephens could have helped his QB out by making a catch that was difficult, but definitely could have been caught.

The poor recruiting by previous staffs putting us in a situation where we are playing low quality SEC guys vs. high quality guys made a huge difference in the secondary. I feel confident we have the right coach and once he gets the roster upgraded we will be back in the conversation where we belong.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I stand corrected, thanks. Was still seeing "RED" I guess.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
No, with 50 seconds left in the first half, UGA had only 100 yds of total offense. The score was off turnovers, not dominance.

After the first busted coverage on Nauta I was screaming for a timeout to regroup. How many times this year have we seen the defense throw the other team a cheap drive after performing so well before? After that first play I KNEW what was coming and was hoping the staff would have used a timeout. No idea why they didn't especially after the 2nd or 3rd straight big gainer. It was a deflating series after we just gained momentum.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're MENTAL IF you think Kirby is WM. There's no sense in addressing you after this post

Yes, I think Kirby is a lot like Muschamp beginning with the fact that when he speaks one wonders if he finished high school.
We all know that it doesn't take a genius to be a football coach but stop and listen to both of them and then tell me they would make you proud of your school if either was your coach.
UF is a top notch academic university and deserves a coach with a complete grasp of the English language.

Oh and gosh, I am crushed by the fact that you don't wish to address me. You promise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator