Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Georgia

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Cover2 you nailed it again with "breakfast with the Gators"! Here in Cozumel, I am using a Chromebook and an app called dofustream-ncaaf for my football needs and then cast it to the big screen with a Google Chromecast. There are a lot of popups while you find your game, but a free app must be paid somehow. We are still alive here after 3 tropical storms and 2 hurricanes. Our solid 100% concrete structure has held up well with no repairs needed. We are doing well again with our vacation rental business Cozumel's Newest Boutique Inn | 15 Ave | StingrayVilla.com. Well so much with us and 2020. Greg and Silvia

Me gusto ceviche de La Choza muchísimo. ¡Eres muy acerca!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Think on this = Every pundrip so knew UGa was such a solid #3 in the nation that this UF/UGa game was not much interesting. ??
Gators thrashed the #3 team in the nation after spotting them 14 points. Trask is a hero-leader, with super calming confidence. Our boys never got nervous. We became the better team that was required.

#1) DM has to quit swapping Jones for Trask when Trask is humming. :headslap:
#2) Try feeding N'aquan Wright more. See how he does, how the team goes.
#3) Please no let-downs, no faltering. Full speed ahead.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Number 16 is celebrating because The Ga. QB could not hit the receivers that ran past him all night long. Matt Jones will not miss them, 16 needs to fix some things and soon.
Hell of a win though. If Mullen, Trask and co. ever hit on all cylinders for 4 quarters this team will be hard to be beat by anyone.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't stop Saban from replacing Hurts with Tua, which in fact occurred in the very NC game you mentioned.

Great point

I do think Saban would garner a little more respect either way don’t you?

I am definitely not saying Kirby did the right thing, I am only expanding on the thought process (assuming that goober thinks) in place when the decision was made. Nobody would defend the decision post mortem.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Number 16 is celebrating because The Ga. QB could not hit the receivers that ran past him all night long. Matt Jones will not miss them, 16 needs to fix some things and soon.
Hell of a win though. If Mullen, Trask and co. ever hit on all cylinders for 4 quarters this team will be hard to be beat by anyone.

Love seeing all of them celebrating a huge win that few thought they were capable of. I wouldn’t expect anything less. It was a great moment.
That said they better get back in the lab quick.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The plan to get the ball to Toney was the biggest head scratcher. Seemed like every time we got him the ball it was in heavy traffic or heading right into no man's land. Maybe on a dry field he makes a few more plays happen but there were no miracle cuts to be found on that soft turf. On the one long reception he had he tried to cut hard to the right and if the footing would have held he might have gone all the way, but instead he just fell down.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The plan to get the ball to Toney was the biggest head scratcher. Seemed like every time we got him the ball it was in heavy traffic or heading right into no man's land. Maybe on a dry field he makes a few more plays happen but there were no miracle cuts to be found on that soft turf. On the one long reception he had he tried to cut hard to the right and if the footing would have held he might have gone all the way, but instead he just fell down.
The biggest thing is that UGay is pretty sound fundamentally, and they seldom miss tackles. Not knocking Toney’s effort, at all, but against teams that tackle well, that jukey juke shyt very seldom works. Can’t knock Dan for trying it a couple of times.....the one that made me pull my hair out damn near it, was the jet sweep right into a defensive end and outside linebacker. It was maddening

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was too crowded where Toney got the ball. Maybe with Pitt being in there, all other guys would have fewer closing tacklers?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It seemed as though Trask was looking for certain people rather than the open guy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The biggest thing is that UGay is pretty sound fundamentally, and they seldom miss tackles. Not knocking Toney’s effort, at all, but against teams that tackle well, that jukey juke shyt very seldom works. Can’t knock Dan for trying it a couple of times.....the one that made me pull my hair out damn near it, was the jet sweep right into a defensive end and outside linebacker. It was maddening

You’re right. I feel like they’ve done that to him every year.

But while he didn’t accomplish much when he did get the ball, you could see that they were focused on not letting him beat them. Probably had something to do with some of those other plays, like the wheels to Davis and Wright being as effective as they were. Either way, his presence makes an impact even if only by forcing different preparation for us.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You really brought your A+ game, @cover2, great summary!

-Happy that malik didn't cough up the ball, but I don't understand why DM 1) increased his snap count and 2) played him late in the game. Wright has shown he has the same skill set and is much thicker to dish out punishment. Plus, Pierce is the best closer we got. Still, malik catching out of the backfield was very productive.

-Curious to know how much the 3 TE set confused the D on the opening score? Or was that just a poor reaction/adjustment to the formation?

-Considering the last 2 years, it's nice to see the dogs limping to the sidelines more than us. Feel bad for the kid with the ankle. Ew.

-D looked decent, but we definitely benefited from drops and poor throws.

-DM needs to work on his killer instinct when holding a lead. I dont enjoy aging so rapidly watching DM let the dogs stick around.

Overall, a win over the dogs is a great day!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
great day, week month and year.
iu

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online