Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Georgia

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
GNFP has quickly turned into must watch

TL : DR

Offense is doing what they need to be doing. UGAy doubled Pitts and sometimes Toney. Delance is horrendous.
He called the defense a "mirage". Georgia's QB's were just horrible. Our LB's don't know what they're doing in pass coverage. Tre'vez Johnson was beat on every play. D'line did well.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Offense is doing what they need to be doing. UGAy doubled Pitts and sometimes Toney. Delance is horrendous.
He called the defense a "mirage". Georgia's QB's were just horrible. Our LB's don't know what they're doing in pass coverage. Tre'vez Johnson was beat on every play. D'line did well.

Calling it a mirage is being generous. With any kind of decent qb play out of the Dwags Saturday, that game turns into a shootout, and I don’t know that I like the result after Pitts went out injured.

But, they didn’t have good qb play and we took advantage of their miscues, same thing they’ve done to us for the previous two matchups(I exclude 2017 because we just got steamrolled).

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I really enjoyed the physicality of the game and the fact that we played a 60 minute game. I didn't see many of those funny looking flags with the big G on them flying around Weiss Lake Sunday. It's good for the environment!:D

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Nice post.
I think the most overlooked thing about this game is Ga. stopped themselves with dropped balls and overthrown passes to wide ass open receivers. And your comment about Johnson is spot on, looked like he knew who to cover but was too slow and constantly beat, like I said in another post Mac Jones will not make the mistakes the Ga. QB's did, he will eat our lunch, hell if they don't cover better Franks will too.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
2 Bits...Superior summary as always.

I may sound Donk here:
  • If Dawgs QBs were on target it could have been ugly...several opportunities... UF DB were lucky... not competent
  • Dawg Receivers had the dropsies See above
  • Trask who was awesome did have an easy pick-6 dropped...Again lost Dawg opportunity
  • OL was very good on Pass Blocking...Where is the run game?
  • I still can't stand Grantham
Unlike Donk:

• Trask is outstanding
  • Mullen called a very good game
  • We could have caved being -14
  • Very few flags
How do we keep Mullen and dump Grantham?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Calling it a mirage is being generous. With any kind of decent qb play out of the Dwags Saturday
the reality is most teams don't have decent quarterback play especially quarterbacks who can hit a long pass with any consistency.

Id rather see man press or a tighter zone personally.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nice post.
I think the most overlooked thing about this game is Ga. stopped themselves with dropped balls and overthrown passes to wide ass open receivers. And your comment about Johnson is spot on, looked like he knew who to cover but was too slow and constantly beat, like I said in another post Matt Jones will not make the mistakes the Ga. QB's did, he will eat our lunch, hell if they don't cover better Franks will too.

I wasn't going to comment, but you did it twice: Mac Jones is the Alabama QB. Matt Jones was a RB during the Muschamp era who liked to fumble a lot. Matt Jones was also a QB at Arkansas, who was drafted by the Jaguars in the 1st round and ended up playing WR.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't going to comment, but you did it twice: Mac Jones is the Alabama QB. Matt Jones was a RB during the Muschamp era who liked to fumble a lot. Matt Jones was also a QB at Arkansas, who was drafted by the Jaguars in the 1st round and ended up playing WR.

I started to respond too but hesitated. Glad that you stepped up

I really thought that the Arky Matt Jones would have become a really good wr in the NFL but he was in and out of the league pretty quickly

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Lol "who liked to fumble a lot" I remember him

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Picky, picky,picky
Mac Jones will eat our lunch unless we cover the deep rout better than we did against Ga.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Didn’t Matt Jones the QB/WR go to prison for drug possession?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
How about the offensive line play against Ga. These guys made a difference in the outcome with some stelar play against a pretty good D line.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Picky, picky,picky
Mac Jones will eat our lunch unless we cover the deep rout better than we did against Ga.
He'll pick us apart the same way he has everyone else. We may be able to slow him down here and there, but he's going to get his, one way or the other. Our best chance is to return the favor, blow for blow. It won't be the defense that keeps us in this game. Victory for UF, if it does come to pass, is spelled T R A S K.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Kirby sets record high jump after Pitts pulls one down
Look at the expression on guy standing by kirby like how the hell did he do that IMG_20201109_203759365.jpeg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Kirby sets record high jump after Pitts pulls one down
Look at the expression on guy standing by kirby like how the hell did he do that
Not gonna lie; Kirby has a much higher vertical leap than I ever would have guessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb