Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Georgia

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Dead on concerning Pierce. I’ve been on that train since his freshman year. It has always been obvious that he was a special back. He has now carried the ball 283 times in 4 years which amounts to 70 a year…6 a game. 6 a game! He’s the type of back that would thrive on carries…..getting stronger as the game wore on. Give him 20 carries and he gains more in the last 10 than the first 10.

I’ll never understand it.
I hate it for the players that they wasted their careers with Dooshy Dan.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Thanks Cover, great summary of the sh!tville that Dandy Dan has sunk this program into in record time. Just last year we beat these guys easily with Trask and today we looked like bumbling wannabees against a very well coached team. On offense we looked slow and unsure, routes were not hit in stride making breakups/pickoffs easier for the mutts. No way in week 7 we should look like August camp. So is there any light at the top of this hole we're in? Only if we sh!tcan this dumpster fire staff this year and cut ties with this $7.6M loser. And by some miracle we're not talking about the incompetence of our DC tonight.

Sep 8, 2018
So disgusted with the sub-standard product on the field, that I helped my mother-inlaw move all day! That's right didnt watch a single second of the game and was not surprised by the final score. We can't all be wrong! Recruiting is deplorable and the coaching or lack there of is always trying to out do recruiting. Miss ST man handling kentucky! What a joke gator football has become.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
So disgusted with the sub-standard product on the field, that I helped my mother-inlaw move all day! That's right didnt watch a single second of the game and was not surprised by the final score. We can't all be wrong! Recruiting is deplorable and the coaching or lack there of is always trying to out do recruiting. Miss ST man handling kentucky! What a joke gator football has become.
Don’t even care enough to actually watch the game, so why are you here?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is there any positive point to make with any part of the team?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You Covered bad well too. I'm sorry that you've had to Cover all this crap.
Sectors we cannot consider up to the years-past Gator Standard = HC, DC, OL, DL, DBs, LBs, K, P ... RBs, QBs, FB schemes, fighting spirit, recruiting, etc forever.

How farther down in the SEC doldrums can Mullen sink us.? Well, Stricklin is going to show us.
With Mullen, as to the recruiting shootouts, our being outdrawn will be drawn out: that's our extension. Thanx millions.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Good job Cover m good to see you back.
Torrence bringing the ball out of the end zone after his pick proved to be a death blow, just too many mistakes today to even keep it close.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Talent-wise, and coaching-wise, we’ve slipped below TN, KY, and maybe SC. We are Vandy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's a big sinkhole in Gainesville. So big it has sucked down even out of town fans.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cover, Yep it is........

upload_2021-10-31_7-6-41.jpeg

Certainly the outcome I didn't hope for, but certainly I felt it was the likely shytshow to happen. You are spot on as usual and this really comes down to one thing.....Getting the best players. Kirby is starting to utilize the Saban Model for being around him so long. If you flat out get the best, biggest, fastest, most talented, they will win you games. Kinda like the counter play that LSU ran on us. Bigger and better personnel will solve that. Great writeup as usual. Lets see if it is truly dialed in for the year or we suffer through the holidays.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cover, Yep it is........

Certainly the outcome I didn't hope for, but certainly I felt it was the likely shytshow to happen. You are spot on as usual and this really comes down to one thing.....Getting the best players. Kirby is starting to utilize the Saban Model for being around him so long. If you flat out get the best, biggest, fastest, most talented, they will win you games. Kinda like the counter play that LSU ran on us. Bigger and better personnel will solve that. Great writeup as usual. Lets see if it is truly dialed in for the year or we suffer through the holidays.

I think this partly true. You have to give some credit to coaching, etc. I mean properly blocking that counter play over and over based on the D's way of lining up. Or how about he Pick 6? That comes from being taught proper zone defense, depth and area, eyes on QB and your area and knowing the opponent's tendencies based on formations, etc.? When is the last time we did something like that? Their noodle arm QB threw 2 balls to us yesterday. We don;t look like we have any idea what the opponents tendencies are. One of the last guys I remember being good b/c of film study was Jalen Tabor.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dead on concerning Pierce. I’ve been on that train since his freshman year. It has always been obvious that he was a special back. He has now carried the ball 283 times in 4 years which amounts to 70 a year…6 a game. 6 a game! He’s the type of back that would thrive on carries…..getting stronger as the game wore on. Give him 20 carries and he gains more in the last 10 than the first 10.

I’ll never understand it.
I watched Pierce for the duration of his high school career. He averaged 30 or so carries a game and would look stronger toward the end. Averaging 6 per game over his career is a waste.

I was happy when he kept his commitment to UF even though the HC he committed to was shti-canned. JuJuan Seider staying aboard for one year made it happen. About the best I can say is that Damien has maintained good health and remained pretty injury free. He has been grossly underutilized in my biased opinion. If we were actually recruiting great high school backs, this could be disconcerting. Maybe the portal guys don’t really care that much?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I watched Pierce for the duration of his high school career. He averaged 30 or so carries a game and would look stronger toward the end. Averaging 6 per game over his career is a waste.

I was happy when he kept his commitment to UF even though the HC he committed to was shti-canned. JuJuan Seider staying aboard for one year made it happen. About the best I can say is that Damien has maintained good health and remained pretty injury free. He has been grossly underutilized in my biased opinion. If we were actually recruiting great high school backs, this could be disconcerting. Maybe the portal guys don’t really care that much?
Losing Seidel really hurt. He is a great recruiter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator