Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Kentucky

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No one believed we were winning any championships this year with this squad. We did hope to be excited about the future again with grit, passion, and flashes of brilliance from AR so that at least the perception and mood of this team is changing for the better going forward.

I believe Napier gives us that change in perception that is so greatly needed with a program lost in the desert for over 12 years. The best parallel I can think of is Kirby Smart in his first year as coach for UGA inheriting a team that had better talent than UF’s. They lost a lot of games and often looked inept and badly coached. Smart knew that he had to build a program by growing the staff and out recruiting the other programs each year. That model clearly has paid dividends for UGA but it took time and patience.

The Kentucky game changes nothing for me and I still believe we’re fortunate to have Napier as our coach. His true success will come only after he’s had time to restructure the program and beef up recruiting for a couple of years. I’m not saying anything we don’t already know…. Just asking that we keep things in perspective this year.
This is where I am, too

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So AR should be fielding gobs of requests for appearances and Subway commercials now. Right?

Seriously, he was awful but he didn’t quit like Simone Biles so he can’t be a hero like her.
You are completely missing the point. Here's how AR reminded me of Biles (before she quit):

1) Everyone talked about how great she was, and she had more people paying attention to her than ever before. There were extremely high expectations.

2) She was making uncharacteristic mistakes right before the Olympics and in the early part of the competition.

3) As time went on those mistakes got worse.

4) She looked dejected and miserable. She was constantly down on herself with every little mistake. And that got worse as time went on.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are completely missing the point. Here's how AR reminded me of Biles (before she quit):

1) Everyone talked about how great she was, and she had more people paying attention to her than ever before. There were extremely high expectations.

2) She was making uncharacteristic mistakes right before the Olympics and in the early part of the competition.

4) She looked dejected and miserable. She was constantly down on herself with every little mistake. And that got worse as time went on.
The difference between a silver spoon in your mouth and a boot up your a$$.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
So you have no issue looking at websites, posting here over and over again, but when it comes to simply copying and pasting a link, you're "on the road". If you're "on the road", you shouldn't have so much time to keep
Well my Bovine friend...I was actually spending time with the Lord...where were you?

Now that I'm available I could post the link...but I now see that it's been posted.

I thought you might do it but no you were concerned with me...that was thoughtful...Well I'm okay.

I could post the sermon or my church link? Lord knows we could use it: Chatter, UF, Napier, you, me...can sure use the prayers.

Have a blessed day

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I understood your point completely and I can see the parallels.
I was simply pointing out that no player in any sport that continues to compete can be compared to Simone Biles.
Furthermore my real point was to compare the negativity by some regarding AR while most people gushed over Biles for quitting. I am still behind AR 100% as long as he continues to fight and try and get better. Conversely, I have no respect for Simone Biles.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well my Bovine friend...I was actually spending time with the Lord...where were you?

Now that I'm available I could post the link...but I now see that it's been posted.

I thought you might do it but no you were concerned with me...that was thoughtful...We'll I'm okay.

I could post the sermon or my church link? Lord knows we could we: Chatter, UF, Napier, you, me...can sure use the prayers.

Have a blessed day
Cut Ox a little slack. He’s probably grouchy still from some wise @sses in the HOA that still haven’t taken down their Christmas lights or left their garage door open, not to mention AR. He’ll soon be back to his same old lovable self.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So you were "spending time with the Lord" while posting on Gatorchatter at church? Geezum, quit while you're behind and shove your judgmental BS where the sun don't shine. I just read this in my Bible this morning and thought of you instantly:

"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. They also tend to serve as judgmental, holier-than-thou asshats on message boards."

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Very frustrated by the lack of offense, especially in the 2nd half. The D was good enough win the game if the O met expectations. Hopefully this game is a great learning experience.

What is Wright doing in practice to earn so many carries??? Johnson and ETN need to be on the field more. And I also don't understand the constant RB rotation. Hard to develop a rhythm...

ky is a good team, but we shoulda beat them without 4th qtr drama. CBN still has a ton of cleanup to do.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's too early to make any conclusions on the long-term outlook of Napier's offense and you damn well know it.

The ghouls in the chat box last night (who of course were dead silent after the Utah game) who came out suddenly at the end of the game to trash this coaching staff were pathetic. This staff has already done more for the program than the last 3 combined, and beat a top ranked team in their first game ever. These miserable guys, who hated the hire from day 1, were just waiting for that first loss so they could pounce. They are insufferable, and almost seem to be pulling for Gator losses these days just so they can rant.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So you were "spending time with the Lord" while posting on Gatorchatter at church? Geezum, quit while you're behind and shove your judgmental BS where the sun don't shine. I just read this in my Bible this morning and thought of you instantly:

"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. They also tend to serve as judgmental, holier-than-thou asshats on message boards."
From Paul’s Letter to the Church in Metairie?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really disagree with any of this. You can go back and look - I never claimed Napier could WIN at UF. I claimed he could REBUILD UF, and he's done just about as well as we could have possibly hoped. We've just become so damn jaded that the fun is diminishing to the point that whatever remaining passion I have for college football could dwindle away, and I don't want that to happen. It happened with me to the NBA, and it's happening to me with the NFL.

I guess I just hoped people would at least give Napier a chance. The guy isn't an idiot like Butters or an asshat like Mullen. SIX QUARTERS into his tenure, people like you have mapped out the next 3+ years of misery we're going to experience before he's mercifully fired.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
With his speed and athleticism AR would make a hell of a tight end, just sayin
I said those exact same words about Cam Newton when he came in at QB at UF in mop up duty and proceeded to drill the ball into the ground at receiver's feet. I was totally wrong on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb