Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Mississippi State

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by cover2, Sep 29, 2018.

?

How would you grade the Gators performance?

1. A

21.8%
  2. B

78.2%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. soflagator

soflagator Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $14,641
    Ratings:
    +19,697 / -144
    But you're debating philosophy, not competence. I'm quite certain that if 100 coaches were polled regarding that moment after the second down sack, given all circumstances, plenty would agree that you have to be aggressive, while some would take the other position. The question is whether or not he was confused as to how the whole clock thing works and didn't manage it the way he wanted to. That's where I see nothing of any substance. Like it or not, agree or not, he was content going in down 3.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $8,578
      Ratings:
      +16,965 / -168
      [​IMG]

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $8,578
        Ratings:
        +16,965 / -168
        You’re right I don’t have any idea what he was thinking. Hell he could have been distracted by some other issue for all I know. I’ll just bet thought that what ol’ Moorhead was thinking on the other sideline was “holy crap I hope we get out of this without giving them good field position and some time on the clock,” and we should have made it as hard as possible for him to do that.

• Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
          $554
          Ratings:
          +561 / -19
          Got that rugged "Marine" chin! Why hide it.

[​IMG]

I remember growing my first mustache. My dad asked me how long I'd been sick? I said I'm not sick". He said "Then why is your nose running?"

:owned: by my dad!

• Marine1

Marine1 Semper Fidelis

Oxbucks:
            $4,291
            Ratings:
            +4,998 / -104
            I grew up in the 60’s and early 70’s. I grew my hair long as was the trend with my generation. My dad was a retired USMC 1stSgt and then a Sheriff’s deputy. Wore a flat top for decades and hated long hair. Used to introduce me to his friends as his daughter.

• ThreatMatrix

ThreatMatrix In shambles
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $7,619
              Ratings:
              +15,208 / -613
              Your dad and my dad are prolly having a beer in heaven right now.

• cover2

cover2 I've grown old
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $3,831
                Ratings:
                +7,078 / -9
                I'm a late '60's early '70's guy where growing up is concerned, so I can relate to the hair problems of that time. My Granddaddy raised me and he absolutely hated the long hair and never let me have it. When I was in Jr. High, I got a little daring and put off going to the barber shop. Hair started getting over my ears and curling up. Granddad noticed and reminded me to get it cleaned up. I conveniently forgot again and he didn't say anything, so I'm thinking "I've won!" This was during the fall of the year and he told me that on the upcoming Thursday he would pick me up as soon as school let out and we would go to a dove shoot that afternoon (this was something I loved about as much as anything). He would bring my gun, vest, and shells.

I could hardly pay attention in class that Thursday thinking about shooting the birds and the farm we were going to always had a ton to shoot. My last class I sat by the window and saw him drive up and park. As soon as the bell rang, I sprinted to his pickup and jumped in and we took off for the shoot. Only we were heading uptown. When I asked him where we were going, he said "We've got a stop to make!" When he pulled up in front of Mr. Sam McMillan's Barber Shop, I knew what was fixing to happen. I got mounted in the seat and Mr. Sam asked me "Son, how do you want it cut?" Before I could answer, my Granddad answered "Get it all!" I came out of there looking like I was starting basic training. To make matters worse, school pictures were the next week! All he said to me was "Don't make me have to tell you twice to do something again!" Life lesson imparted!

#107 cover2, Oct 3, 2018
                Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
                • Marine1

Marine1 Semper Fidelis

Oxbucks:
                  $4,291
                  Ratings:
                  +4,998 / -104
                  My dad cut me and my brothers hair until we got to high school. Every Saturday morning like clockwork. We dreaded it. It was basically a high n tight for years. In high school we rebelled a little and grew it out. Funny though we both went into the Marine Corps ourselves and kept it tight ever since.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $8,578
                    Ratings:
                    +16,965 / -168
                    Great story! He'd get referred to CPS if he did that today. :sadnanner:

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $5,691
                      Ratings:
                      +11,694 / -1,440
                      How did I miss the trip down memory lane. Like yall, dad cut our hair and one was called the burr head. It was all about a half inch long. Finally, let us have some hair in Jr high. I was a Sr in 72/73. Grew up near Gville so long hair and bell bottoms were around. I grew my hair long in 12th grade. My new coach was ok with it. Nobody ever fckd with me about it. Graduated and went to construction work in Venice Fla. HOTTTTTT weather and the long hair came off. Long hair was sorta like your first personal decision. Main thing was "did gals like it" or at least the gals you were interested in.

• Cozumel Gator

Cozumel Gator Living in paradise, streaming all games
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $187
                        Ratings:
                        +231 / -1
                        I too keep it cut 0 all around except on top.

• Blacklabgator

Blacklabgator Lurking Member
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $2,809
                        Ratings:
                        +4,161 / -80
                        One of my best friends in high school, who is now a sheriff in a Florida county was a marine. And he used to laugh that my hair was always shorter than his.