Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Oregon State

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin has to be sucking up seat cushion right now. What looked like a well thought-out hire with massive recruiting improvement a sure thing is now looking more like OMFG what the hell did I do?
Well Scott, what you did was hire the first and only person you interviewed for the job. A G5 coach no less, one who'd already been fired at his first attempt to call plays at the P5 level. If there's a football god, you won't be around to make that mistake at UF again. One can dream.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well Scott, what you did was hire the first and only person you interviewed for the job. A G5 coach no less, one who'd already been fired at his first attempt to call plays at the P5 level. If there's a football god, you won't be around to make that mistake at UF again. One can dream.
Yeah dabo fired him. Just based on that alone, I'd be very hesitant. Dabo has proven his eye for talent both at the player and coach level. He's also shown an ability to keep talent once he gets it. That says a lot

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No.

I don’t understand it myself, but it’s further down the list than the personnel issues that are being addressed in my opinion. That’s priority one. And btw, I’m not as enamored with AR. I think he underperformed and the biggest criticism I had was Billy not benching him when he went blank, decided he wasn’t really wanting to play, or whatever the funk was that he found himself in about every other game. He may make millions in the NFL, but if he can’t control his on/off switch any better, we’ll see him back in Gainesville in a few years wearing a faux fur coat driving a BMW with a crumpled fender and telling the guys at the car detail place just how good he coulda been. He’s got the potential and physical ability, but the want-to is questionable.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
No.

I don’t understand it myself, but it’s further down the list than the personnel issues that are being addressed in my opinion. That’s priority one. And btw, I’m not as enamored with AR. I think he underperformed and the biggest criticism I had was Billy not benching him when he went blank, decided he wasn’t really wanting to play, or whatever the funk was that he found himself in about every other game. He may make millions in the NFL, but if he can’t control his on/off switch any better, we’ll see him back in Gainesville in a few years wearing a faux fur coat driving a BMW with a crumpled fender and telling the guys at the car detail place just how good he coulda been. He’s got the potential and physical ability, but the want-to is questionable.
I thought AR was headed for Heisman consideration after the Utah game.
Then, the switch was off for Kentucky.

It’s amazing the difference in play in games where he “wanted it”.

Spurrier would have benched him several times during the season.

As for Napier, after watching the debacle in Vegas, I’m thinking he just didn’t have another QB he could throw in there, that he could trust with the offense.

AR is a head case, a coaches nightmare .
A huge talent , who never came close to his potential.
At UF anyway.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought AR was headed for Heisman consideration after the Utah game.
Then, the switch was off for Kentucky.

It’s amazing the difference in play in games where he “wanted it”.

Spurrier would have benched him several times during the season.

As for Napier, after watching the debacle in Vegas, I’m thinking he just didn’t have another QB he could throw in there, that he could trust with the offense.

AR is a head case, a coaches nightmare .
A huge talent , who never came close to his potential.
At UF anyway.
I remember remarking to my son after the Utah game “Son, we might have us a QB!” :facepalm:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I remember remarking to my son after the Utah game “Son, we might have us a QB!” :facepalm:
He was not the same person we saw the year prior where he jumped over defenders and looked like Tebow the second. He looked injured and scared to run. No way he translates into NFL offenses without serious training and time spent. I like the kid, dont get me wrong I think he is a true Gator but he couldnt adapt to college ball and I dont see him adapting to a faster situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.