Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. South Carolina

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I’ll go ahead and get my apologies out of the way, but this will be pretty short this morning. We got our asses handed to us last night 40-17 by a very middling football team. We also lost the stats battle. Maybe the biggest was being out rushed 284 to 82 by the 106th ranked running team in the upper division of college football. No moral victory tonight Dan. Evaluate THAT! Of course, the excuse is that we had the flu, 20 or 30 players, including your starting QB. That certainly affected the game plan, right?

I guess we are F$U now. Remember how they explained the 52-20 NC thrashing to food poisoning or some intestinal issues team-wide? Any excuse Mullen gives at this point other than “I’ve done an awful job of coaching this team and managing this coaching staff to win” reeks of estrogen, incompetence, and narcissism. The players obviously aren’t responding. The staff…(shakin’ my head). Please, take your $12 mil parting gift and go. And take Stricklin, Fuchs, Foley, and any of the other characters responsible for the destruction of my beloved football program with you.

It’s time for me to work on my golf game. I’m sick of this shti.

Later.

:chomp:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What happened last night needed to happen. I now have no doubt Mullen is fired or just flat out quits. He doesn’t want to be here and we don’t want him here. Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What happened last night needed to happen. I now have no doubt Mullen is fired or just flat out quits. He doesn’t want to be here and we don’t want him here. Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!
He definitely won't quit. Spurrier is the only coach I've ever seen quit and leave 8 figures on the table.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks guys. I’m in a low place where my Gators are concerned. I’m guessing I’m not alone. Forgive the musical interludes, but that’s about all the solace I’ve got now, after a decade plus of this looping crapfest.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He definitely won't quit. Spurrier is the only coach I've ever seen quit and leave 8 figures on the table.

Indeed. Spurrier is a man of conviction. Mullen is a man of a million laughable excuses. Thank you for making us the butt of jokes from coast to coast, Danny Girl.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Thanks guys. I’m in a low place where my Gators are concerned. I’m guessing I’m not alone. Forgive the musical interludes, but that’s about all the solace I’ve got now, after a decade plus of this looping crapfest.

Most of us have been in that low place for over 10 years now C2, so I congratulate you for hanging on this long. With the Three Stooges being our Head Coaches over those years, how could I not be in that low place? At least the real Three Stooges were entertaining and put a quality product out there and were adept at attention to detail. But knowing that you, C2, have finally reached these depths, just confirms to all those who respect your knowledge what has to be done, IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Thanks, cover. You summed it up perfectly. Strickland better find the next SOS before the end of the season.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Cover, no need to apologize for being short. There’s no need for extensive analysis, this sums it up perfectly.
Any excuse Mullen gives at this point other than “I’ve done an awful job of coaching this team and managing this coaching staff to win” reeks of estrogen, incompetence, and narcissism.
It’s like an employee who always has an excuse for not pulling their weight. Eventually, you have to tell that employee to either get it done or don’t come back.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I can’t blame you Cover...it must be frustrating to have to breakdown and report on the details of a game where the “team” has quit all over the field. What’s the point in diagramming plays when too many players have lost the will to win, where DL plays like they've never been taught how to get off a block, where OL plays like they've never been taught how to get on and sustain a block, where WRs run lazy routes taught by lazy coaches, where DBs don't know assignments and blow coverages in a sort of perpetual 'prevent defense', and where many players on both sides take plays off.

In any organization, the subordinates, staff, and 'workers' eventually assume the personality of the manager or owner. No exceptions here, this is a lazy, soft team starting with the head coach who is clearly not willing to put in the grinding hours of repetition to perfect the art.

4-8 now, last 12 games, 3 of the 4 Ws against USF, FAU and Vandy--the other against a team retooling with a new coach and playbook--TN would beat us by a least 20 now. All UMo and FSUgly need to do is run the ball and the announcers (we deserve Beth Mowins at this point) will say "this is a signature win for (fill in the blank team)!", but they'll be wrong. They played the Gators and will return to their prior status the second the clock shows 00:00

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cover direct and to the point.

Mullen cannot evaluate shyt or he's too damn arrogant to put him team in a place to win. Probably both. IF, your team is depleted, sick, and lacking on numbers.....you can't do the same things you normally do. With the talent UF had even if sick Mullet needed to take it down basic. And with all teams we seem to play, they stack the line. So why don't you EVALUATE that and line up with 2TE's a big line under center and ram it down the throat of the106th ranked defense in the county or at least try. Control game, control clock, take care of your sick QB. This is just one example of a very glaring problem. MULLEN. Can't own a loss, can't admit you got your azz beat, can't admit when he needs to replace staff, can't (won't) recruit, and apparently CAN'T EVALUATE either.

We will be extremely lucky to finsh out 1-2 the rest of the way. Mullen would take a small step today (it would be a big one) but with all considered it will be small step to send or announce Grantham is gone. No excuse for that shyt show on D we saw last night.

I am ready for this season to be over and can't believe I am reduced to having to say that. Sun ova bytch.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Perfect on point Cover. Mullen is toxic to our program and he must go. If Stricklin won't make that happen get him out as well. Ask the HBC to take over as interim for the last 3 games. Not sure if he wants to get involved but ask.
Like you I am through with this s**t show. More life to live, and no more time or money investing in a bankrupt administration.

Or as Clark Kellogg said in the movie "The Freshman".

"There's a kind of freedom in being completely screwed... because you know things can't get any worse."

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Thanks for saying your piece so succinctly. I truly enjoy your commentary and analysis, but the facts of this situation are so baldly obvious that no long-form evaluation is necessary. I do want to thank again you for speaking aloud your weariness and disgust with the state to which our beloved program has sunk. I suppose this is a clear-cut case of misery loving company, but it's nice to hear that I am not alone in my feelings. Have a great day my friend.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Middling USCe team is being generous...They escaped Vandy and wont win another SEC game all season....

This loss is worse than Kentucky, LSU, and honestly reaching Georgia Southern levels

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, they were playing their walk-on 3rd string QB, and looked like a powerhouse. It's the most embarrassing beatdown in years.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Pitiful, The Gators gave up the season at ky. I am surprized we beat vandy; the score of that game could have been a lot closer. The bulldogs must be licking their chops, samford that is!

Thanks C2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.