Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. South Florida

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My only question after last night is this: how the hell did we beat Utah?

Diabate was complete garbage here and immediately was their starting LB when he transferred. That should tell you a lot. Add in that AR in this system had no film yet, and their QB tried throwing to a guy in the ground in traffic, and there you have it. We played hard and deserved the win(more so than last night), but it was always going to be an inflated win because of the SEC/P12 disparity.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mention has been made that Napier needs a QB coach to help untangle these myriad of issues AR is experiencing. That’s looking to be truer each week, but the problem is where are you going to get one at this stage of the season?

SOS and Shane Matthews sitting right here , make them an analyst..

The defense scheme concerns me as much. Our players seem to be out of position much of the time , No way S.F. should have put up those kind of rushing numbers on the Gators.

On a bright note The Tom Petty tribute with the phone app. was fantastic to see and be a part of, highlight of the night.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's become painfully obvious AR needs more time to develop his QB skills. He has the ability, but something is messing with his consistency. Maybe he needs some therapy... Miller might get a shot once he's cleared to play. I've seen enough of Miller to expect he's not going to be much more than a place holder for the next guy. Maybe they can develop Max Brown and get him ready by the end of the season.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
"To make matters worse, we reverted to tackling poorly." This IMHO is what made the game competitive, The tackling was horrendous and fundamentally unsound. Trey Dean was the epitome of this last night but he wasn't alone.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mention has been made that Napier needs a QB coach to help untangle these myriad of issues AR is experiencing. That’s looking to be truer each week, but the problem is where are you going to get one at this stage of the season?

SOS and Shane Matthews sitting right here , make them an analyst..

The defense scheme concerns me as much. Our players seem to be out of position much of the time , No way S.F. should have put up those kind of rushing numbers on the Gators.

On a bright note The Tom Petty tribute with the phone app. was fantastic to see and be a part of, highlight of the night.

You don’t. This is why you don’t make overwhelmingly questionable decisions at this level and survive. By the time WM found his third OC and promised to lay off he was already done. By the time Grantham and Knox were clearly not working it was too late for Mullen. You don’t have years and years to bumble around in hopes of getting it right. Not when you’re being paid 7mil. And we’re not talking about Toney or some other rations decisions not working. This was one that few, if any, thought was a good idea and many were vocal about.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I see sofla's optimism is now long gone. :lol: He sees Napier as just another Chimp, and he hated the Chimp.

I personally don't think a QB coach would have made one iota of a difference thus far. None. AR walks around looking depressed, which I continually find flabbergasting. If he's that far gone, sit him down and put someone in who wants to play.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
where are you going to get one at this stage of the season?
QB coach is an on the field position so we'd have to let someone go to bring someone in.

Another option would be to shift the assignment to someone on the staff that isn't the head coach. One big problem with it being Billy is that as the head coach he can't just go off and focus on AR when the defense is on the field.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I see sofla's optimism is now long gone. :lol: He sees Napier as just another Chimp, and he hated the Chimp.

I personally don't think a QB coach would have made one iota of a difference thus far. None. AR walks around looking depressed, which I continually find flabbergasting. If he's that far gone, sit him down and put someone in who wants to play.

I’m quite tired of having to defend the decisions and choices of paid professionals that everyone can see but themselves. That more than anything else has been our theme since 2010. Just make smart decisions and stop insisting you know better. Again, my mantra. Stop paying people generational wealth to be stubborn and fail. People in financial services are accused of playing with other people’s money. How exactly is this any different?

Agree on AR. I’m a world removed from where I was yesterday morning and am about 80% sure he isn’t the QB we all thought he could turn out to be. Last night was inexcusable and outside of a miracle, he’ll be replaced by seasons end.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
"To make matters worse, we reverted to tackling poorly." This IMHO is what made the game competitive, The tackling was horrendous and fundamentally unsound. Trey Dean was the epitome of this last night but he wasn't alone.

A 165 lb running back had a career day.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m quite tired of having to defend the decisions and choices of paid professionals that everyone can see but themselves. That more than anything else has been our theme since 2010. Just make smart decisions and stop insisting you know better. Again, my mantra. Stop paying people generational wealth to be stubborn and fail. People in financial services are accused of playing with other people’s money. How exactly is this any different?
You're railing here against the entire coaching profession, both college and pro. It's a racket.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Agree on AR. I’m a world removed from where I was yesterday morning and am about 80% sure he isn’t the QB we all thought he could turn out to be. Last night was inexcusable and outside of a miracle, he’ll be replaced by seasons end.
At this point replacing him would count as a miracle. I'd certainly rejoice.

:trainwreck:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I only recall one toss sweep all game by Gators and it worked well. Seeing a herd of big uglies paving the way for UF running backs is a sight to behold. Reminds me of GB Packer guards Fuzzy Thurston and Jerry Kramer mowing down linebackers and cornerbacks for Paul Hornung and Jim Taylor to run over. Would love to see more of that smash-mouth.

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
Cover 2 it took a little while to read "breakfast with the gators" since today is our anniversary and we went to breakfast. Yes, Ox we had breakfast overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Cover your insight is appreciated and I look forward to it every Sunday. All I see after each game is a work in progress. This is not a dominating team, but has a heart and will not give up. You do not dare leave any game early because if the game is close it will be decided in the last 20 seconds. 305798478_5966459120048843_2453136412944640755_n.jpg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cover 2 it took a little while to read "breakfast with the gators" since today is our anniversary and we went to breakfast. Yes, Ox we had breakfast overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Cover your insight is appreciated and I look forward to it every Sunday. All I see after each game is a work in progress. This is not a dominating team, but has a heart and will not give up. You do not dare leave any game early because if the game is close it will be decided in the last 20 seconds. View attachment 48916

You went to breakfast with your wife before reading C2? If it was with a hooker I could understand, but wife?

:ban:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb