Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. South Florida

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
At this point, if AR can't handle the pressure of competing for the starting job he'll never be able to handle game pressure. If a QB's ego is that fragile I think he should be benched.

I don’t think it’s ego with him. He’s not a cocky or arrogant kid by all accounts. Very humble. I think he’s just not handling the pressure well.

macNCheeseB

Mar 1, 2016
Good question. I’d say the latter is correct for sure. The allure de jure is to have that perfect dual threat. Conventional thinking was probably that he was already a great runner and all it would take is honing the facets of his throw game. Looking to be a pretty tall task at the moment.
Hate to ask this but --- Was Mullen right? I can't believe it as bad as Emory Jones, however this has been atrocious. EJ is asking-- How do you like me now?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
3 Heisman QB statues out front. Being the QB of UF comes with a pressure many arent ready for.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hate to ask this but --- Was Mullen right? I can't believe it as bad as Emory Jones, however this has been atrocious. EJ is asking-- How do you like me now?
EJ had his own limitations, but he did also have 65% Comp while AR is struggling to break 50. At this point, id settle for a statue QB who hits routine throws n moves the chains while the running game takes over.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I’m just saying, it’s very contrived and is simply not necessary. It had its place when he initially died. Now, I find it embarrassing, especially when we’re losing as many games as we’re winning while playing it. So while I’m not blaming it for the losses, I do think it’s become indicative of where we’re at as a program.
While I understand your point... If program success should dictate traditions, we've had many years over several decades that should've shut down Mr Two Bits, We Are The Boys, the Jaws theme, etc...

I'm not insisting that we keep it going, but the fans seem to love it and those who poo-poo it just sound like donkey.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Maybe he was right, but he handled the entire situation - including the press conferences - so poorly there was no reason to believe anything that came out of his mouth. Maybe if he didn't act like an arrogant prick, we would've supported him more.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Maybe he was right, but he handled the entire situation - including the press conferences - so poorly there was no reason to believe anything that came out of his mouth. Maybe if he didn't act like an arrogant prick, we would've supported him more.

This. All day. And if there was any area in which we had legitimate reasons and were completely justified in questioning him, it was his QB choice. His thin skin handling of the Franks to Trask transition drive him to alienate the fans that much more and lead to his downfall.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Need to send AR to Spurrier’s office so Spurrier can rip him a new one and tell him to get his head out of his a$$

Never seen a QB more mentally fragile before.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty rotten to think about isn’t it?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Ask Herm Edwards the just fired head coach whose EJ led team lost to the Eastern Michigan Eagles at home yesterday. EME was a 19.5 dog and lost their starting QB in the first half. EJ threw for a robust 185 yards and one TD.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
TLDRanythinginthisentirethread... cut grass in the hot sun listening to "first wave" on siriusxm and blissfully sweat the whole rotten mess out... i feel better. UF 31 - UT-28. :lol:
You may want to reroute those exhaust fumes fella.
John Lewis Lol GIF by Waitrose & Partners

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
We worry about AR being a head case now but what happens when he actually has someone looking over his shoulder? Hell AR and Miller are the only QB's on the roster who had power 5 offers. AR knows he doesn't have to worry about Kitna or the walk on taking his spot. I'm worried about how he handles the pressure once Miller is healthy along with whatever the hell is wrong with him now.
So your saying it can get worst?
Hollymotherofjesussaveus.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The feelings toward the cheers and other such fan preferences is interesting. I can see where the on-going Petty tribute can get old and I’m personally still mad as hell about framing “Gatorbait” as racist and doing away with it. In my day, it was loud and simple enough for drunks to easily follow and participate (guilty). I liked George Edmondson’s Mr. 2 Bits as well as the Dolphin shorts as fitting game day attire (on the women). We Are the Boys remains my favorite. But most of all, I like winning and beating the SEC opponents. I’m ready to get back to that point, but I’ll wait a little longer if I have to. Just being a Gator is worth whatever I have to put up with. That won’t change.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I find it disappointingly ironic that the one position we had little concern about coming into the season is the one we now have the most concern about.

I don’t know how much faith I have in Billy to pull AR in favor of Miller once he’s healthy.

He spent all offseason and fall camp singing Richardson’s praises.

This feels dirty to think, much less type, but maybe Dancing Dan was right about AR.

I sure hope he wasn’t.
Forgive the I told you so, but I wasn't sold on him last year.

And no, Mullen was right about nothing !!!

macNCheeseB

Mar 1, 2016
Ask Herm Edwards the just fired head coach whose EJ led team lost to the Eastern Michigan Eagles at home yesterday. EME was a 19.5 dog and lost their starting QB in the first half. EJ threw for a robust 185 yards and one TD.
Looks like our clandestine operation of sending out ex-Gators to dismantle programs from within is working. Who do we have working the Georgia operation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.