Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Tennessee

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While we are at it, @ltraz @cover2 @Captain Sasquatch take a look at the touchback play and tell me what you think. It is around 8:00 in 2nd. I can't make up my mind.

CJ seems confused from the get go, has trouble getting lined up, and goes with the receiver on a slant as if in man, and Stewart seems to be one high. Taylor is on the left side (there is no left CB) and stays in the box. Everyone but CJ seems to be in zone. Who had that TE/FB? We are in a 7 man heavy front with Ce Ce and Moon at OLB on the line.

CeCe is dropping back as if in zone coverage but he is very slow, as if zone blitz maybe? (Normally with one high if a second guy goes deep that CB or the person with that zone has to go with him). Vosean hits the B gap, could be blitzing but he pulls up when he realizes it isn't a run and almost pulls up and looks like "ooops... oh shyt" to me. Normally if in man, Vosean would have either the first or second back on that side, depending on what CeCe's assignment really was and assuming Vosean wasn't blitzing but just hit the hole too aggressively after reading run.

The play fooled us completely regardless and even if CeCe had dropped back on the TE, the RB slipped out too and would have been wide open for a first down at least and likely a long gain. There were actually two receivers completely uncovered and slipping into that empty part of the zone.

What do you guys see?
I haven't looked at a replay, but the still shots look like we were up in a goal line package (old 6-5 man) expecting the run, also guarding against the "Silly Rabbit." If so, should have been man coverage responsibilities in the event of a pass. Thinking, as has been pointed out, that we got some assignments crossed up because no way the receiver should have been running uncovered on the little wheel. Good call by UT and execution was great right up until Henderson did what he did. Don't think there would have been any blitz calls on this and Joseph was probably being his aggressive self, but you never know. I think the "ooops...oh $%^!" is a likely scenario once everybody kinda realized there wasn't going to be a run. Great effort and some luck saved us on that play I think.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of chatters on this board might of sold their souls to get Gruden at UF. He’s very charismatic and would definitely boost recruiting in the beginning at least. Personally I agree with you. He should of kept his Monday night gig. I think old coaches get bored of watching games and doing commentary. Look at Spurrier, the HBC is back to coaching. Competing is addictive to some of guys.
Just so you know, there are multiple instances of you using phrases like "would of" or "should of" in this post. There is no such thing. Its "would've" or "would have." An example in a sentence is "I would have gotten that job if I could've written a better resume."

You're welcome.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We may end needing him badly later this season and Ej is clearly not ready. Everything he has done demonstrates he is very serviceable.
If Trash is on the field the season is over. There is no Mullinz offense for a pocket statue Qb.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Just so you know, there are multiple instances of you using phrases like "would of" or "should of" in this post. There is no such thing. Its "would've" or "would have." An example in a sentence is "I would have gotten that job if I could've written a better resume."

You're welcome.
Thanks for,the lesson, grammar nazi

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I swear I read that post and envision it being spoken by Christopher Walken.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

You're welcome.

Thanks for,the lesson, grammar nazi

Those commas are killing me bro.

1*Vl591BLYLgWrjUfVnaPQhA.jpeg

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Those commas are killing me bro.
Part of the problem is the device I type on. It’s clugy as fvvk. Part of the problem is that I Just don’t care. I don’t have enough pride in my posts. Other times, I’m just wasted. So please don’t include me in the group novel y’all be writing...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Part of the problem is the device I type on. It’s clugy as fvvk. Part of the problem is that I Just don’t care. I don’t have enough pride in my posts. Other times, I’m just wasted. So please don’t include me in the group novel y’all be writing...

I’m sure the fish slime on your hands isn’t helping, either. Still, I suspect the “don’t care” is the largest contributing factor.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I get it man, just some friendly ball-busting.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Wrong again. Trask doesn't fit Mullens offense that's true but his quicker release and our RBs toting the rock would work if need be.

None of the first two QBs fit Mullen's traditional offense. He has explicitly stated that there is no "offense" but one that must be adjusted to the talents and abilities of the players. That any QB must be a "willing runner" not a great runner.

Either he is lying or telling the truth, I choose to believe what he has said.

Now Trask has not had too many opportunities, but when he thrown the ball it appears that he can identify the open receiver and is very accurate in his throws. He is a pretty big guy, so he can run if there is an opening, thus a willing runner.

I trust these coaches to choose those that give us the best chance of winning.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
None of the first two QBs fit Mullen's traditional offense. He has explicitly stated that there is no "offense" but one that must be adjusted to the talents and abilities of the players. That any QB must be a "willing runner" not a great runner.

Either he is lying or telling the truth, I choose to believe what he has said.

Now Trask has not had too many opportunities, but when he thrown the ball it appears that he can identify the open receiver and is very accurate in his throws. He is a pretty big guy, so he can run if there is an opening, thus a willing runner.

I trust these coaches to choose those that give us the best chance of winning.

So, after yours and the donks facepalm, you actually agree with me. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator