Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Tennessee

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for all the great reads C2. I equate it to never really being able to take solace that :nole:sucked for years or that scrotUM got smoked today by Middle Tennessee. I would have much rather us been competent.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well this is sad. Cover finally makes a post short enough for me to read and it's his last?

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
For what its worth, I'm one of the most pessimistic posters on this board and I'm "happy" with that game. Im not sure what people expected this year. An SEC championship? We're low on talent and haven't been coached in 4 years
We held the lead twice and didn't roll over and give Tennessee the blowout that they coveted so dearly. Tonight was supposed to be their coming out party, where the Vols announced to the world "we're back!" Instead, the Gators had all of Rotten Crotch holdings their breathes for the final 20 seconds of the game after the onside kick.

Yet, somehow, the game was still there for the taking despite all of the problems. Not kicking a field goal on the opening drive and going for 2 down 11 instead of kicking an extra point were two unforced errors by Napier that potentially cost us a chance for overtime. Yeah, I know, you have to take the good with the bad. But, until the roster talent increases, the Gators are counting on coaching to make up for roster deficiencies.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Just dont go in the chat cover! That simple. Are you leaving the board, quitting your post game analysis or committing suicide? Hopefully not all of the above.

I am actually quite encouraged by this game, not sure why people would get bent out of shape about it.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Even we can make the Duke quit :lol: . This reminds me of the time in 8th grade I made the Sunday school teacher drop an f bomb, throw a Bible on the floor and walk out one sunday morning.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well SHYT!

The one day I don't go in the chatbox, Cover goes in and he is now gone. It must have been an epic box today and evidently not good. Cover is one of the best posters if not the best. I feel almost like when we found out about Rog. Can't comment on what was in the box since I was not there, but dayum. With what I witnessed today I actually stiil feel good about our future. NO MORAL VICTORIES here but I saw what everyone has been bytching about. A much improved QB play and passing game. D still bends but will break at times. A lot of young kids playing in there. We were still in it to the last play. Napier is having to play the game with the hand he is dealt. If that means going with %'s, gambling on 4th down, then so be it. If you would have give me before the season 2-2 I think many would have taken it. But again, proud of this team and they did not panic.

COVER, I hope you stay around man. You truly do keep many of us in a perspective of the reality that is what we are now. I appreciate everything and truly part of my Sunday Mornings are having coffee and "lets see what Cover put in GC today".

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Thanks for all the great reads C2. I equate it to never really being able to take solace that :nole:sucked for years or that scrotUM got smoked today by Middle Tennessee. I would have much rather us been competent.
We scored 33 and AR looked more than competent. This is a work in progress

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators lost to Tennessee today 38-33. They were better in some respects, great comeback try at the end, but not good enough yet to beat a better team. Too many big plays surrendered, almost all due to cover blows. Lot of work ahead.

Ox, thanks for the opportunity to have put my scribbles out for digestion. I have enjoyed it. Yours is the best site going.

Readers, friends, fellow fans, I appreciate your patronage. I’d contemplated not returning this year, but have been and remain excited about the future. But I did a dumb thing that I usually never do…I went in the Chat Box during the game. There wasn’t much hope to be found. It dawned on me that I’ve got nothing at this point to change that trajectory. So, I’m retired. Best to all.

Go Gators
:chomp:
200.gif

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
That is where you are wrong. The Prez and the AD contribute nothing to Gator Sports.

Reading your posts over the years, I suspect that you have a messiah complex. If only somebody would listen to you?

I fundamentally disagree with you. They hired Napier and they've given him the resources. Will Napier bring us championships, I don't know. I like him and I'm willing to give him time.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators lost to Tennessee today 38-33. They were better in some respects, great comeback try at the end, but not good enough yet to beat a better team. Too many big plays surrendered, almost all due to cover blows. Lot of work ahead.

Ox, thanks for the opportunity to have put my scribbles out for digestion. I have enjoyed it. Yours is the best site going.

Readers, friends, fellow fans, I appreciate your patronage. I’d contemplated not returning this year, but have been and remain excited about the future. But I did a dumb thing that I usually never do…I went in the Chat Box during the game. There wasn’t much hope to be found. It dawned on me that I’ve got nothing at this point to change that trajectory. So, I’m retired. Best to all.

Go Gators

Go Gators

giphy.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Reading your posts over the years, I suspect that you have a messiah complex. If only somebody would listen to you?

I fundamentally disagree with you. They hired Napier and they've given him the resources. Will Napier bring us championships, I don't know. I like him and I'm willing to give him time.

1664069730063.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator