Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Tennessee

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sad to see the end of C2's weekly B&P. I kind of get it. Recent years have put much of Gator Nation in a state of perpetual expectancy of failure. I like a lot of the things BN is doing with/for the program. I have no clue if it'll lead us back to the promised land some day but it was always going to require a bit of a rebuild. Everybody knew the roster was full of reaches and over-rated. There's some good talent on the team but they didn't get much development so it was going to take some conditioning to get them working together with efficiency. The Utah game gave us a bit of an over hype probably. I think what we saw yesterday is probably indicative of what we should expect this year. Some good, some bad, but a bunch of won't quit. I'll take it. Beats the hell out of what we've had the past couple years.

Scared $ Don’t Make $

Jan 17, 2022
Couple big plays go the other way and we win the game tonight. Go rewatch AR’s fumble. If he just continues to run the ball around the edge he might score. We had 4 or 5 guys lead blocking with only 2-3 defenders on the edge.

We all knew this year would be rough if you didn’t you had unrealistic expectations. We’re a young team still learning a new system and how to elevate our game at the next level. The jump from high school football to college is astoundingly difficult. Especially in the SEC. We need time to gain experience and learn.

One thing we do know is Nap can recruit. Urban was gifted guys like Percy Tebow Rainey Hernande the list goes on. Outside of AR who was Nap handed the rains with? I’m not saying Nap is the next Saban or Dabo or Urban but look:

Saban’s first year at Bama: 7-6
Dabo first year at Clemson: 9-5
Urban at Florida: 9-3

I’d say all 3 of those guys had better rosters ie more talented than we have right now. Especially urban and Dabo. Mullen not recruiting set us back a few years.

Let’s all take this year for what it is, a rebuild. Give this man time to cook and let’s see what he brings to the table the next 2-3 years.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Couple big plays go the other way and we win the game tonight. Go rewatch AR’s fumble. If he just continues to run the ball around the edge he might score. We had 4 or 5 guys lead blocking with only 2-3 defenders on the edge.

We all knew this year would be rough if you didn’t you had unrealistic expectations. We’re a young team still learning a new system and how to elevate our game at the next level. The jump from high school football to college is astoundingly difficult. Especially in the SEC. We need time to gain experience and learn.

One thing we do know is Nap can recruit. Urban was gifted guys like Percy Tebow Rainey Hernande the list goes on. Outside of AR who was Nap handed the rains with? I’m not saying Nap is the next Saban or Dabo or Urban but look:

I’d say all 3 of those guys had better rosters ie more talented than we have right now. Especially urban and Dabo. Mullen not recruiting set us back a few years.

Let’s all take this year for what it is, a rebuild. Give this man time to cook and let’s see what he brings to the table the next 2-3 years.
Cool story but the dumb repetitive **** needs to end and everything mentioned is on coaching.
  1. Kicking and special teams are an unmitigated disaster. I’m over the 10 yard returns only to be cut in half by some dumbass penalty. Just take the 25 and move on!
  2. Stop with the ****ing worthless screens to Henderson. He isn’t shaking anyone and it’s not working
  3. Wright is #3 on the depth chart, end of story! Stop trying to make him be #1, it’s not happening
  4. Hire an OC
  5. Learn how to use a challenge for a change and also better manage TO’s

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Some good, some bad, but a bunch of won't quit. I'll take it. Beats the hell out of what we've had the past couple years.

Same here. I scratch my head at some of BN's decisions, but I still look at this program and see miles of improvement over the last 2 coaches at least. (Chump couldn't get our of his own way on offense.) You have to be hardwired negative to not see the improvement in the overall program.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Well, now I know at least ONE, maybe even three regulars in the chat box…

My sarcastic use of “idiots” was about convincing cover to unretire, not about actually insulting anyone. That said, y’all might want to throttle back a little. A few comments about the chat box over the years indicate nuclear-level meltdowns are frequent, so the reputation is there.

Also, I can’t believe anyone would get riled up yesterday after the previous two weeks made it painfully obvious this is a rebuilding year. But to each his own…

Scared $ Don’t Make $

Jan 17, 2022
Cool story but the dumb repetitive **** needs to end and everything mentioned is on coaching.
  1. Kicking and special teams are an unmitigated disaster. I’m over the 10 yard returns only to be cut in half by some dumbass penalty. Just take the 25 and move on!
  2. Stop with the ****ing worthless screens to Henderson. He isn’t shaking anyone and it’s not working
  3. Wright is #3 on the depth chart, end of story! Stop trying to make him be #1, it’s not happening
  4. Hire an OC

Isn’t everything you just mentioned also on Coaching???

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
  4. Hire an OC
Henderson should not get screens or return kicks. Both require you to make the first guy miss and he has no moves.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
They had the right strategy, just made some poor tactical decisions in executing it. Calling that timeout on 3rd and long with the lead that led to UT touchdown and the end of half was a killer in hindsight. Would they still have scored? Maybe, but the pressure would have been more acute on them. The going for 2 was a real head-scratcher for me the first time. Not sure I fully understand that decision.

Otherwise, nice to see the good AR (that AR would have crushed Kentucky and USF). Defense has improved some technique but still personnel stinks.

I think UT is second best team in East, and maybe 3rd best in SEC.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our defense is so bad he’s probably considering onside kicks for much of the remaining season .

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They had the right strategy, just made some poor tactical decisions in executing it. Calling that timeout on 3rd and long with the lead that led to UT touchdown and the end of half was a killer in hindsight. Would they still have scored? Maybe, but the pressure would have been more acute on them. The going for 2 was a real head-scratcher for me the first time. Not sure I fully understand that decision.

Otherwise, nice to see the good AR (that AR would have crushed Kentucky and USF). Defense has improved some technique but still personnel stinks.

I think UT is second best team in East, and maybe 3rd best in SEC.
They were taking their time with little to no urgency after the 2nd down play. The foolish TO completely changed the game there . We found ourselves down two scores the next time we touched the ball rather than going into half up 4.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@cover2 Likewise, sometimes this place makes my head explode. First of all, due to my fragile psyche I learned many years ago not to enter into the Twilight Zone of the chatter-box. It can be a bottomless pit of despair, bitterness, hopelessness and acrimony. My eventual return to the board, to the delight of absolutely no one, must be attributable to a deep underlying desire for self harm. But in the end, where else can I go to discuss, vent, pontificate, shame and scold those who so desperately need it. It is for them that I return and also to read and interact with the humor and sometimes even wisdom of posters like yourself, Rog, Crosscreek Cooter, Law, etc. I too, join the chorus of all who have asked you to reconsider. Maybe after a brief hiatus you will rejoin your affectionate followers on Gator Chatter. Of course when you return I may have spit the bit and bade farewell. Of one thing I am certain ~ there will not be pages of posts asking for my return. May God Bless you @cover2. ps; you deserve some time off but if you go awol you will be hunted down and brought back.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Good effort by the gators, but questionable decision to go for 2 points after a touchdown proved decisive. Not one of Billy's better coaching effort. Still, the game came down to the last minute and really could have gone either way. Lots of work ahead, but still can be a very successful season. If I were Billly I would start looking at other options in my quarterback room. AT-15 is long on potential but not so long on results thus far. No reason to put all the eggs in one basket. BTW, who's the clown that is calling Napier "Sunbelt Billy"?

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
@cover2 Likewise, sometimes this place makes my head explode. First of all, due to my fragile psyche I learned many years ago not to enter into the Twilight Zone of the chatter-box. It can be a bottomless pit of despair, bitterness, hopelessness and acrimony. My eventual return to the board, to the delight of absolutely no one, must be attributable to a deep underlying desire for self harm. But in the end, where else can I go to discuss, vent, pontificate, shame and scold those who so desperately need it. It is for them that I return and also to read and interact with the humor and sometimes even wisdom of posters like yourself, Rog, Crosscreek Cooter, Law, etc. I too, join the chorus of all who have asked you to reconsider. Maybe after a brief hiatus you will rejoin your affectionate followers on Gator Chatter. Of course when you return I may have spit the bit and bade farewell. Of one thing I am certain ~ there will not be pages of posts asking for my return. May God Bless you @cover2. ps; you deserve some time off but if you go awol you will be hunted down and brought back.
You say that like it's a bad thing. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator