Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Tennessee

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, now I know at least ONE, maybe even three regulars in the chat box…

My sarcastic use of “idiots” was about convincing cover to unretire, not about actually insulting anyone. That said, y’all might want to throttle back a little. A few comments about the chat box over the years indicate nuclear-level meltdowns are frequent, so the reputation is there.

Also, I can’t believe anyone would get riled up yesterday after the previous two weeks made it painfully obvious this is a rebuilding year. But to each his own…
So because there are like 2 or 3 people who have been dumpers for years, that means "yall" might want to throttle back?

Most of us talk about the ups and downs of the game and joke around.

Clearly you've never spent a second in the chatterbox during the game, but that's okay, it's not for those that get sandy vaginas easily. And God forbid anyone try to be humorous.

Some of you tards take this schit way too seriously.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It is for them that I return and also to read and interact with the humor and sometimes even wisdom of posters like yourself, Rog, Crosscreek Cooter, Law, etc.
Uh, two of those posters are dead and the other one is banned. :ugh:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@cover2 Likewise, sometimes this place makes my head explode. First of all, due to my fragile psyche I learned many years ago not to enter into the Twilight Zone of the chatter-box. It can be a bottomless pit of despair, bitterness, hopelessness and acrimony. My eventual return to the board, to the delight of absolutely no one, must be attributable to a deep underlying desire for self harm. But in the end, where else can I go to discuss, vent, pontificate, shame and scold those who so desperately need it. It is for them that I return and also to read and interact with the humor and sometimes even wisdom of posters like yourself, Rog, Crosscreek Cooter, Law, etc. I too, join the chorus of all who have asked you to reconsider. Maybe after a brief hiatus you will rejoin your affectionate followers on Gator Chatter. Of course when you return I may have spit the bit and bade farewell. Of one thing I am certain ~ there will not be pages of posts asking for my return. May God Bless you @cover2. ps; you deserve some time off but if you go awol you will be hunted down and brought back.
You left out childishness and sophomoric stupidity.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There were a lot of bad decisions, but I don't personally think that TO was one of them - it just looks that way in hindsight. If UT doesn't pick up that first, UF gets the ball with great field position and can get some more points before the half. Napier was playing to win, some may think in a stupid way, I get that. However, you can't accuse the man of not playing to win. In fact, that may have been the most aggressive in a single game I've ever seen out of a UF coach.

It was an aggressive decision that didn't work out, because our defense couldn't make a single effing stop all night. The miracle diving catch that asshat made didn't help, either.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators lost to Tennessee today 38-33. They were better in some respects, great comeback try at the end, but not good enough yet to beat a better team. Too many big plays surrendered, almost all due to cover blows. Lot of work ahead.

Ox, thanks for the opportunity to have put my scribbles out for digestion. I have enjoyed it. Yours is the best site going.

Readers, friends, fellow fans, I appreciate your patronage. I’d contemplated not returning this year, but have been and remain excited about the future. But I did a dumb thing that I usually never do…I went in the Chat Box during the game. There wasn’t much hope to be found. It dawned on me that I’ve got nothing at this point to change that trajectory. So, I’m retired. Best to all.

Go Gators
:chomp:

Say it isn’t so Cover!

Don’t let the a$$holes get the best of you.
I truly look forward to your recaps each week and I will miss your insight.

Please reconsider.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
So because there are like 2 or 3 people who have been dumpers for years, that means "yall" might want to throttle back?

Clearly you've never spent a second in the chatterbox during the game, but that's okay, it's not for those that get sandy vaginas easily. And God forbid anyone try to be humorous.

Such pussies bellyaching about the mean people in the chat box , grow up.
Geniuses, it's not the locker room humor that C2, or anyone else, is criticizing. It's the raw negativity. Some of you seem to get all giddy about any UF failure. There is a huge difference between criticism and negativity.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Good effort by the gators, but questionable decision to go for 2 points after a touchdown proved decisive. Not one of Billy's better coaching effort. Still, the game came down to the last minute and really could have gone either way. Lots of work ahead, but still can be a very successful season. If I were Billly I would start looking at other options in my quarterback room. AT-15 is long on potential but not so long on results thus far. No reason to put all the eggs in one basket. BTW, who's the clown that is calling Napier "Sunbelt Billy"?
Hmm
Passing Rushing

Over 500 yard combined with 4 TD's. Results were very good yesterday. Glad you aren't Billy!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Geniuses, it's not the locker room humor that C2, or anyone else, is criticizing. It's the raw negativity. Some of you seem to get all giddy about any UF failure. There is a huge difference between criticism and negativity.
Again, someone that spends no time there.

I'm not the negative one in the chatterbox.
I'm defending the majority of us that aren't.

There are like 3 people who are dumpers and they do it in the threads too

Quit being a little bitch

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There were a lot of bad decisions, but I don't personally think that TO was one of them - it just looks that way in hindsight. If UT doesn't pick up that first, UF gets the ball with great field position and can get some more points before the half. Napier was playing to win, some may think in a stupid way, I get that. However, you can't accuse the man of not playing to win. In fact, that may have been the most aggressive in a single game I've ever seen out of a UF coach.

It was an aggressive decision that didn't work out, because our defense couldn't make a single effing stop all night. The miracle diving catch that asshat made didn't help, either.
Napier coached an aggressive game. AR played very well after the first quarter or so.

Defense is atrocious. How the hell is Dean allowed to stay on the field? I’ll start a thread on some of the comments from other players.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve said this before. I use this place as therapy. When I’m concerned about my lot in life, I come here. Damn I got it good!

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Again, someone that spends no time there.

I'm not the negative one in the chatterbox.
I'm defending the majority of us that aren't.

There are like 3 people who are dumpers and they do it in the threads too

Quit being a little bitch
Go back and check the logs genius, I do spend some time there during the game. I don't spend much during the rest of the week because, uh, I have friends and family.

And why is it that you can use the word "little" but we can't?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Go back and check the logs genius, I do spend some time there during the game. I don't spend much during the rest of the week because, uh, I have friends and family.

And why is it that you can use the word "little" but we can't?
It's a privilege :proud:

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

I lurk the chatterbox most games, sometimes even comment myself. I find it very cathartic to read unfiltered, emotional reactions to the roller coaster ride that is a Gators football game. Some of the negative comments mirror my initial reaction, with the comments by "cooler heads" helping me to keep it in perspective. I find that I behave better in front of my kids when I can see instant responses in the chat. I don't get angry and my kids just think that I have a drinking problem.

I suspect that poor Cover 2 came into the chat wanting to share a "virtual" high five after the Gators took the lead, but decided to take a quick bathroom break first and checked in after the Gators defense gave up a 70 yard pass to an uncovered receiver.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
My Sunday morning routine was a good cup of coffee and being able to read the “Bits and Pieces”. And you worthless, no football acumen having sonsabitches just had to go and mess that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator