Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Tennessee

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Couple big plays go the other way and we win the game tonight. Go rewatch AR’s fumble. If he just continues to run the ball around the edge he might score. We had 4 or 5 guys lead blocking with only 2-3 defenders on the edge.

We all knew this year would be rough if you didn’t you had unrealistic expectations. We’re a young team still learning a new system and how to elevate our game at the next level. The jump from high school football to college is astoundingly difficult. Especially in the SEC. We need time to gain experience and learn.

One thing we do know is Nap can recruit. Urban was gifted guys like Percy Tebow Rainey Hernande the list goes on. Outside of AR who was Nap handed the rains with? I’m not saying Nap is the next Saban or Dabo or Urban but look:

Saban’s first year at Bama: 7-6
Dabo first year at Clemson: 9-5
Urban at Florida: 9-3

I’d say all 3 of those guys had better rosters ie more talented than we have right now. Especially urban and Dabo. Mullen not recruiting set us back a few years.

Let’s all take this year for what it is, a rebuild. Give this man time to cook and let’s see what he brings to the table the next 2-3 years.

None of those guys were on Florida’s roster when Urban took over. He recruited & signed every one of them.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I’m not sure why you guys are so concerned, we got another poster who does post game analysis. Time for gator truth to shine. At least we don’t have to hear captains cogitations anymore. If some of you remember that drivel

Oh gawd, who could forget? Sas saw the positive response C2 got from the board for Bits & Pieces and it ate him up inside. He just had to try and one up Cover. It didn’t work-most people saw thru him and knew he was an egotistical prick trying to steal someone else’s thunder.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Pate is right. We watched our Team lose and it really sucks. But what I didn't see was what our program was last year and several years before.

There was no quit, they fought, did not panic, played to win, and played a tough clean game. And he needed to see what this team can do and is capable of doing. We all have said there is ceiling for what Shyt Head Dan left us and what the program has been reduced to. Sure Wins and Losses will ultimately get you fired, but we have to get our program back. I feel BN got us a huge step forward in that direction Saturday. And remember, there are many steps in this process we have to go. But with how recruiting has been going, I think he notched up another progression in the process.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The Gators lost to Tennessee today 38-33. They were better in some respects, great comeback try at the end, but not good enough yet to beat a better team. Too many big plays surrendered, almost all due to cover blows. Lot of work ahead.

Ox, thanks for the opportunity to have put my scribbles out for digestion. I have enjoyed it. Yours is the best site going.

Readers, friends, fellow fans, I appreciate your patronage. I’d contemplated not returning this year, but have been and remain excited about the future. But I did a dumb thing that I usually never do…I went in the Chat Box during the game. There wasn’t much hope to be found. It dawned on me that I’ve got nothing at this point to change that trajectory. So, I’m retired. Best to all.

Go Gators
:chomp:
You are a keen observer, a fine writer and one of nature's true gentlemen. I will miss the intelligence and decency you brought to this venue. Goodbye and good luck.

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
Cover 2 thanks for everything all these years. I was in Pensacola watching the game with my 88-year-old pop (sorry OX no margarita on a Mexican beach this week). The "breakfast with the gators" was always an addiction for me and will be missed once again. I must say the kids never gave up or quit on their coaches. That effort has been missing for the last decade. Depth and star talent are still missing and only time will replace those. I will miss your insight like everyone else on this board.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
48507daa-9d24-48ef-aff5-c899fcd79124_text.gif
Just so you know @cover2, the chat room has been like that every single week since Jesus left Chicago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb