Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Texas A&M

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The purpose is using public pressure to sway the administration to allow us to pack the swamp. Not to make an excuse for why we lost. Do you have reading comprehension problems?

I don't, but I also am reading without my orange and blue glasses. But you think the appropriate place to do that is in the press conference after a loss. That is the wrong time and place unless it has another reason. If it as you are trying to make it sound like your choosing (which live on audio didn't sound) you do it on your Monday presser.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

The greatest football coach of all time would have had a coronary if he were alive to witness the defensive debacle at Kyle Field this afternoon. He’d also probably have some choice words about our secondary play, and our pass rush. But Coach Lombardi is long gone, as are our championship hopes. Left in a pile of unsuccessful tacklers and toasted DBs.

Let’s be honest...most of us knew in our hearts, after weighing the euphoria of an offense capable of going all the way with the reality of a defense that would have trouble playing dead in a cowboy movie, that we’d eventually meet up with a team that would out score us. We were hoping and praying that just maybe the D might come to life. But it was not to be. And worse yet, it came at the hands of Jimbo Fischer, who we’d suffered against too often prior to Saturday.

So what are we to do? We’ve waited a long time for this season to start, withstanding the uncertainty COVID-19 cast upon it. We’re disappointed, and rightfully so. The most logical thing is to react within the spirit of the times. Occupy the athletic offices. Loot and burn the Gator Shops. Paint a mural on a wall at BHG depicting our forlorn defenders with the words “Re-Imagine the Gators” boldly displayed. Defund the football program. Cancel Mullen, Strickland, and especially Grantham. Throw in Fuchs for good measure. Or we can do what Gators have done before...voice our displeasure, certainly it will eventually make a difference, but until then, keep plowing.

Let’s review how we wound up on the bottom in College station:

*38 points is usually enough to win most games you are in unless you give up 543 total yds to the opposition, 205 on the ground with much of it coming after contact and missed tackles. It’s not enough when you allow 12 / 15 third and Grantham’s (plus 1 / 1 4th and Grantham’s). It’s not enough when Kellen Mond throws for 338 and three scores. We better find a way to score 50+ the rest of the way.

*The defensive woes, and there are several, begin with the DL. They are just too small overall (save Slaton), too green, and not strong enough. Slaton draws a double team most every play and the other three D front guys can’t defeat one guy. That = no QB pressure and a body between you and a ball carrier.

*And speaking of pressure, Grantham did try to send it quite a bit today, especially in several third down situations. None very successfully. Almost looked like slow motion most times. Even saw several twists and loops from the DL, all of it eaten up.

*Then there was the coverage. Soft zone and man with a big cushion won’t get it done. The scheme part is on the coaches, but given the level of play, I guess I can understand the excess caution. Marco Wilson, for example, just got absolutely lit up. I hope they’ll get him some type of assault or physical abused counseling, as that one white TAMU receiver stuck the ball in every orifice.

*Though no lives appeared to be lost, there were a lot of egos that got buried by the Aggie RBs. Our guys got run over, through, around, and away from with regularity. None should test positive for COVID since they social distanced as well as they did with the ball carriers. If one guy can’t make the tackle, you better have two or more arriving. This part of the game, at week three, is inexcusable.

*Offensively we weren’t quite as potent as expected, but we scored 38 on the road. Trask was 23 / 32 for 312 and 4 TDs, but our RB by committee might have gone past its shelf life. The three backs combined for 77 yds on 18 carries. Though Davis had a couple of nice catches and runs, his fumble helped provide a turning point. He’s had those issues before. Trust is broken, got to be earned back. Someone in the box described Mullen’s sub patterns with regard to the backs as “middle school,” making sure everyone got equal touches. Enough of that.

*McPherson’s got big balls. Misses a 45 yarder that didn’t count due to penalty, then got backed up another five on another penalty, and finally drilled a 55 yarder that would have been good from 65. He’s a special player.

*Though Pitts recorded his 7th TD of the season, he didn’t seem quite himself. Might’ve tweaked his left foot some. Might be that everybody knows about him. Toney stepped up, however. Good to see him producing and just getting the chances.

They used to say a team could recover easier from an early loss. Harder to do with the playoff, but anything’s possible right now. It becomes academic, however, if the D can’t find some way to get better, now. Down the road, it all comes back to recruiting needed positions with talented players. The spectrum goes from “Some” to “All.” We have to get closer to “All,” should’ve already been there, but that point’s moot. A big piece of this depends on what Mullen and Co. can hammer out the rest of the way. They need to be coaching and resurrecting the D like their jobs depend on it. They very well may.

Next up, LSU. They’re struggling too. We’ve got an opportunity to get well. It’ll be interesting to see how we bounce back. Hell, I’m already smelling corn dogs! Go Gators!

:chomp:

Again...Spot On. :exactly:

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
I don't, but I also am reading without my orange and blue glasses. But you think the appropriate place to do that is in the press conference after a loss. That is the wrong time and place unless it has another reason. If it as you are trying to make it sound like your choosing (which live on audio didn't sound) you do it on your Monday presser.

Maybe the Monday presser would have been a better option. But I like the fact that he called the administration out like that. I also felt like he called the defensive staff out as politically as he should. I believe when dealing with subordinates its almost always best to praise in public and chastise in private. Not always, but almost always.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Maybe the Monday presser would have been a better option. But I like the fact that he called the administration out like that. I also felt like he called the defensive staff out as politically as he should. I believe when dealing with subordinates its almost always best to praise in public and chastise in private. Not always, but almost always.

It won't matter.

Fuchs will never allow a full stadium

SEC has not okayed it

Mullen waited how long to go to Trask? He is NOT going to dump Grantham.

That said...Mullen could easily dump (or demote) Grantham and do the BLM thing and promote a minority coach.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
It won't matter.

Fuchs will never allow a full stadium

SEC has not okayed it

Mullen waited how long to go to Trask? He is NOT going to dump Grantham.

That said...Mullen could easily dump (or demote) Grantham and do the BLM thing and promote a minority coach.

How in the world did the faggies do it then?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The crowd was the crowd, it's where they put them. A lot of that stadium was empty, but there was no social distancing.

And it's the @#$%^&* SEC...LSU, Bama, UT, Auburn, TAMU...ALL 100K. LSU at night is insane. Even the Cow Bells at MSU can be louder than last week.

Hey Coach Dan...Grow a pair.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And it's the @#$%^&* SEC...LSU, Bama, UT, Auburn, TAMU...ALL 100K. LSU at night is insane. Even the Cow Bells at MSU can be louder than last week.

Hey Coach Dan...Grow a pair.

There is not good excuse to complain about crowd noise this year with less than 50% capacity, not that there is ever a real reason to complain about it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There is not good excuse to complain about crowd noise this year with less than 50% capacity, not that there is ever a real reason to complain about it.

Are we also going to just ignore the fact that the home crowd noise at Texas A&M would’ve only impacted us when we’re on OFFENSE? We scored points on all but two series. I’ve never heard a home crowd having an impact on the home team’s offense, or opposing team’s defense, which is where this game was lost.

Again, it’s just a moronic approach in every aspect.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Are we also going to just ignore the fact that the home crowd noise at Texas A&M would’ve only impacted us when we’re on OFFENSE? We scored points on all but two series. I’ve never heard a home crowd having an impact on the home team’s offense, or opposing team’s defense, which is where this game was lost.

Again, it’s just a moronic approach in every aspect.

images

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I have no idea where yall are getting this Mullen blaming the crowd noise for the loss from. When I watched the interview in question it sounded like Mullen calling out the administration as pussies if they don't sac up and let us pack the swamp like the faggies did.

Yeah that's how I took it as well but pretending I didn't believe that and calling him a pussy made me feel better. Any more of this shyt and Mrs Millen will be doing her grocery shopping out of state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb