Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Utah

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This sort of covers it all for Yankees in the South.

Cbs Tv Comedy GIF by CBS

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cover, it wouldn't be a post game without you. You hit it on the mark, nothing much more to add. One thing that impressed me the most was the fight in this team and we played at the end offensively with composure. JB mentioned it.
Going for it on 4th down in the first took balls. The offense needing a touchdown to win, and then confidently doing it, using a timeout strategically knowing that you are going to score. We are done playing "not to lose." Then the defense with basically two goalline stands with one to end the game. Yeah this isn't the best defense in the country, but they are fighters, and their confidence (and hopefully tackling) will continue to grow.
We'll know how much Napier will instill over time, but this team has some of its confidence back. They knew they could score.

On to the Kitty Kats.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
H
Cover, it wouldn't be a post game without you. You hit it on the mark, nothing much more to add. One thing that impressed me the most was the fight in this team and we played at the end offensively with composure. JB mentioned it.

We'll know how much Napier will instill over time, but this team has some of its confidence back. They knew they could score.

On to the Kitty Kats.
It‘s still early, but the contrast between Napier & staff’s expectations of the players and those of Mullen, McElwain, etc. are quite stark. The players’ demeanor was noticeably different, more focused and workmanlike. It’s only one game, but I believe a great tone has been set. “How ‘bout them Gators??!!” How ‘bout ‘em!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Great job again Cover! A few things I noticed:
* Dramatic difference in pregame warmup routine, full game unis, precision & purpose. Not Mullenstench sloppy tees & sleepwalking poorly led / uninspired jive dancing.
* Flyover by 2 F-15s was beyond awesome!
* Clock management with measured risk was far better than Mullenstench who routinely clock botched then later make up some bs to 'justify'.
* Johnson & Etienne are 2 quality backs without Mullenstench.
* Noise level was up there with 14-9 over FSU ('91) when the ball was tipped in the end zone and when Brad Stewart picked off Burrow. I had hearing loss for several days after these.
* The Twelfth Man came to play & the team loved it / responded in kind.
* I said to everyone around me before outcome was certain: "we are in good hands".
I was going to mention the warm-ups too and how "purposeful" and different everything looked. There wasn't a bunch of standing/milling around. Same after the half, especially the little sprints the OLineman did. I was at those FSU and LSU games and I agree. And I mentioned it while at the game, but not only cool that the F-15's came all the way from Idaho, but all 4 guys were Gators.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Left out no see-ums..
I have discovered something that works against them after 55 years of torture. Lemongrass oil. Just buy the oil and dilute with water in a little spray bottle. I use about 4 parts water and 1 part lemongrass oil. It’s a friggin miracle worker!

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
I have discovered something that works against them after 55 years of torture. Lemongrass oil. Just buy the oil and dilute with water in a little spray bottle. I use about 4 parts water and 1 part lemongrass oil. It’s a friggin miracle worker!

Where does one find Lemongrass oil? I must smell like no see um love potion and need this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.