Blue Angel Weekend: Against My "Better" (hell, "ALL") Judgement...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Next weekend is Blue Angel Weekend on P'cola Beach. It is the #1 reason I bought the condo we have. They fly Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 2 pm. This is a pseudo-poll to gauge any SERIOUS interest. IF, and this is a BIG f'n if:

1) you could make it to the beach on your own (and it is a NIGHTMARE), and,
2) you could find parking on your own once there (and it is a NIGHTMARE, people will start rolling in at 5 am and it just gets worse), and,
3) then you could walk to our protected by SRSO deputy arrogant cv nt gate so I could come down and let you in.

Who:

1) would seriously consider this, and,
2) which day?

FWIW - our condo is directly on the beach directly in front of the airshow. We'll see where this schit show of a post goes, but I'd seriously consider it. This video is from the balcony...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If it were Juno/Jupiter Beach, I’d probably attend. As it is, I’ll probably just watch Top Gun and—to really capture the feel—order a rebel flag raft and have my wife float in the pool, smoking Winston’s instead.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Here’s your chance Detroit
Make a tic tick video on your balcony of you dancing with a wine bottle and the Angles flying by in the background.
Of course music is top guns “danger zone”
post here first

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Here’s your chance Detroit
Make a tic tick video on your balcony of you dancing with a wine bottle and the Angles flying by in the background.
Of course music is top guns “danger zone”
post here first
Wine bottle?!?!?!?!
What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The last time I went to the Pensacola beach airshow was in 1995. Rather than try to drive out there and somehow find a place to park, instead we put my little 15' Hydrostream Viper in the water, and drove out the inlet into the surf with 1000 other boats. It was awesome, until it wasn't.

In the morning the water was great. Nice and smooth for my little boat, plus we rode in the wake of some pretty big pleasure craft on the way out. Easy peezy.

Watching the show from the boat was very cool. Then when the show was over, rather than head back in with all the other boats, we left it at anchor and swam in through the surf to party at The Dock, which is right across the main road from Flounder's. After having one too many, we stumbled back out to the surf and swam to the boat and managed to drag ourselves back aboard. That's when the fun began.

The nice calm water we drove out in was long gone. The friggin waves were taller than the damn boat. I was going so slow back to the marina that I was barely making steerage, and every 5 seconds was another back-breaking crash as we tumbled from the crest of one wave down into the following trough like a sack of wet cement. I damn near abandoned ship simply out of fear that one or both of us were going to sustain a serious injury. And this wasn't a ten minute ride either, it was like 10 miles just to the inlet, then another 8 miles or so to the marina north of the base. The whole journey was like a 2 hour long plane crash.

At least it was dark by the time we got to the ramp, and nothing about my setup was appropriate for night running. Good times! Well anyway, we lived to tell about it...but never again.
iu

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The last time I went to the Pensacola beach airshow was in 1995. Rather than try to drive out there and somehow find a place to park, instead we put my little 15' Hydrostream Viper in the water, and drove out the inlet into the surf with 1000 other boats. It was awesome, until it wasn't.

In the morning the water was great. Nice and smooth for my little boat, plus we rode in the wake of some pretty big pleasure craft on the way out. Easy peezy.

Watching the show from the boat was very cool. Then when the show was over, rather than head back in with all the other boats, we left it at anchor and swam in through the surf to party at The Dock, which is right across the main road from Flounder's. After having one too many, we stumbled back out to the surf and swam to the boat and managed to drag ourselves back aboard. That's when the fun began.

The nice calm water we drove out in was long gone. The friggin waves were taller than the damn boat. I was going so slow back to the marina that I was barely making steerage, and every 5 seconds was another back-breaking crash as we tumbled from the crest of one wave down into the following trough like a sack of wet cement. I damn near abandoned ship simply out of fear that one or both of us were going to sustain a serious injury. And this wasn't a ten minute ride either, it was like 10 miles just to the inlet, then another 8 miles or so to the marina north of the base. The whole journey was like a 2 hour long plane crash.

At least it was dark by the time we got to the ramp, and nothing about my setup was appropriate for night running. Good times! Well anyway, we lived to tell about it...but never again.
iu
We’ve been caught in some pretty rough sh*t fishing offshore over the years. Pretty helpless feeling at the mercy of the sea.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

a three hour tour... a three hour tour...

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I had a condo on the beach. Before they got all concerned about safety they would come right over the top of the building and damned near fry the roof tiles.

Nothing made me happier than to see 100,000 people leave the beach after the show while we had dinner on the balcony and watched the sun set.

They rotate sites when they do the Jax show. I actually like the one in town better. I have a little spot just outside the base where they are loud and very low and you can smell the kerosene as they come by. I love the smell of kerosene in the afternoon.

They also practice two days before the actual show. If I catch it just right I'll see them make a first pass near my house and I can haul ass to my spot and watch them with no hassle and no traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator