Bob Gibson checks out

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Gibson died today at age 84. He was one of my favorites. Old school. Gibson and Drysdale were two that would never give you the inside of the plate. Gibson had no issue with planting one on your rib cage.

One helluva pitcher.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I lived baseball as a kid, and studied the history. I had read about Bob Gibson, and When I heard he was coming to speak at my elementary school, I was so pumped.

Well, Bob was there to apparently scare the schit out of a bunch of 5th and 6th graders. His speech was on the evils of alcohol and drug abuse, and he was absolutely terrifying. :lol: I took him off my “baseball heroes” list.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
BGibson1.gif

Pitchers like Gibson and Marichal had big windups,high kicks and were intimidating. Gibson put his all into it on every pitch.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Was it COVID?

Most likely.

Not sure it's related, but they pulled a body out of the ocean near Miami recently. Poor guy had been shot four times, stabbed a dozen more. It looked like there were some premortem chainsaw cuts at his knees. According to the medical examiner it was the worst case of COVID he had ever seen.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Didn't get much better than watching Gibson, Koufax, Drysdale or Marichal pitching with Pee Wee and Dizzy calling the game on Saturday. Maybe the heydays of baseball.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Players were scared of Gibson. He didn't give any fks and brought a 96 MPH fastball at your head if he thought you didn't give respect.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bob Gibson was one of my absolute favorite players as a boy.
I was never really a Cardinals fan only a Bob Gibson fan

His passing reminds me of a bygone era when athletes were true professionals instead of budding soap opera stars and cereal box politicians

RIP Mr. Gibson. I will miss you

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
He was a great overall athlete. Great fielder, solid hitter for a pitcher and once played for the Globetrotters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.